The Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Content Uploading
Do you know that content is the most important thing on your website? High-quality content helps your website to succeed in order to retain visitors and have a high ranking on search engines. Of course, design is important too. It makes a good first impression on your readers but the content of the website is that will keep them to come back. According to MarketingCloud.com, “61% of consumers say that they are more likely to buy from a company that provides custom content. Not only does quality content affect purchases, the trust you build with those individuals can help to grow your customer’s base”. So, your website content is very important.
Checklist for content uploading
But is it enough to have a high-quality content? Is uploading content to website important, making a page user and SEO friendly? What difficulties may you face with when uploading your content? If you want to know answers to these questions, just continue reading our post.
Content Uploading or How to Upload Content on Website
If you need to upload page to your blog or website you should follow these simple steps. Before uploading content to the website you should know:
- what type of content you are going to upload (posts or pages),
- the publishing dates (all pages at once or with specific scheduling),
- how you would like to optimize your posts or pages.
If you have the answer to all these questions, you are ready to start uploading. Use this cheat sheet for quality content:
- Every page has catchy meta title, proper and understandable description and keywords. According to SearchEngineJournal.com title tags have been increased to 70–71 characters, which is up from its previous 50–60 characters. Meta descriptions have been increased by 100 characters per line and extended from two to three lines. Don’t forget to include your main keyword in meta title and description.
Example of meta title and description in search engine
- Keyword-rich URL and title. Your title tag is the most important on-page SEO factor. The closer the keyword is to the beginning of your title, the more weight it has. Good practice is making your URL as short as possible (using your keyword only). Avoid ugly URLs: yoursite.com/category/2015/p123. Don’t forget to add some words like “best”, “2016” etc. It helps you rank for long tail keywords. If you are facing issues with URLs in WordPress, check our tips.
Example of keyword-rich URL and title in search engine
- No keyword stuffing by any phrase (no keyword with density above 5%). You may use SEOquake for this reason. Everything you should do is installing the Google Chrome extension and clicking on it. Then start exploring the density of any keyword.
Example of SEOquake results
- Presence of keywords in subheadings h2/h3. Make sure that the page has at least 2 subheadings that include keywords for the page – they should be uploaded in H2. You should always follow the rule of correct keyword planning prior to launch of any website.
- Images are unique for the website. You should decide which images you are going to add. It may be simple icons, relevant pictures, screenshots or infographics. Every image should have unique title and alt text. Each keyword should be used in image only once on the page.
- URLs of images are keyword-rich. It is very important to upload images using proper keywords. All images should have titles and alt texts with proper keywords Avoid using ugly URLs. The URL should be clear and valuable.
Example of keyword-rich image URL
- Interlinking is present. Links are done by the keywords of pages you link to. There are a lot of schemes for interlinking. You should choose one that fits you and follow it when uploading all your pages.
How Mobilunity Team Is Uploading Content to Website
Our professional team is following all steps of content uploading, making every page SEO and user friendly. We are trying to provide useful infographics and videos for every page, making content more valuable and visible. Our customers are very happy to work with our team, as we are paying attention to their satisfaction. We are trying different methods and choosing the best that fits every customer. Our designers are going to provide catchy and unique images for every page. Our goal is a valuable content for every client.