The Comprehensive Guide to Hire Kafka Developer
We live in an extremely high-paced world with enormous amounts of information passing by every second. This is especially relevant for big companies that are dealing with loads of data on a daily basis. All this information not only needs to be processed but also analyzed and later stored somewhere. All that might have been a problem years ago but now we finally have plenty of tools for such tasks. One of these tools is called Apache Kafka. What that is, how to use it and where to find Kafka developers – we will discuss in this article.
Kafka Programming: Origins
First of all, let’s make it clear what Apache Kafka is. It is a so-called distributed streaming platform that is designed to handle a very big informational flow on a daily basis. It was created back in 2011 and has been heavily used ever since. Not to mention, that to create Apache Kafka Scala was used heavily. Scala programming is a popular thing these days so no wonder that it was chosen for such a task. The whole idea put into the production of Kafka development service is that it is some sort of a mediator between the ‘producer’ and the ‘consumer’. It consumes data from producers, puts it into the internal storage and later gives consumers access to it through the subscription process. Basically, Kafka engineering means a hybrid of a distributed database and message queue. What are Kafka development main benefits then?
- Increased speed of command execution. A single cluster node can process hundreds of megabytes of records per second.
- Scalability: the cluster can be transparently expanded without downtime, data streams are partitioned.
- Reliability: messages in the cluster are replicated, each node can contain terabytes of data without loss in performance.
As you see, there are plenty of benefits of Kafka development that make it so popular these days.
Kafka Development: Where Could One Implement It?
There is no better way to show Kafka development benefits than to illustrate it with real-life examples. So where could one use the help of the Kafka engineer? Currently, there are plenty of options:
- Messaging. After all, it was created specifically for messaging needs, so it is only natural that some companies put it in the heart of their messaging systems, as Kafka programming allows processing big amounts of data each day.
- Activity tracking. Another thing that Kafka developer can help you with is tracking the activity on your website. It can also be used for getting statistics from your side applications.
- Collecting logs from various services. Kafka software development can be used within the organization to collect logs and later present them to users in a standardized form.
- Stream processing. In this case, Kafka programming is being used for reading some topic’s data, processing it and later transferring this new, processed data to another topic for views.
Now you must be wondering about which companies are using all these opportunities of Kafka programming. Here are the most prominent ones.
One of the biggest social media platforms you can find today and it definitely uses benefits of Kafka coding. The very thing that lays within the idea of Twitter, the ability to send and receive tweets, is powered by Apache Kafka.
Another massive social media platform that heavily uses Kafka in its daily workflow operations. As it deals with tons of messages on a daily basis, the LinkedIn tech department always has Kafka developer or two.
Movies streaming service that we all know and love is also using Apache Kafka for various tasks such as real-time monitoring of processes.
For easier use of its benefits by various developers, Oracle implemented Apache Kafka into its daily workflow.
As you see, there are plenty of companies that are currently using the help of Kafka developer.
To Hire Kafka Developer or Not to Hire: The Reason of Their Popularity
These days you can find more than one Kafka developer resume out there. Why such big popularity all of a sudden? If you do a little research, you will see, that there are, actually, plenty of reasons for that. For example, any developer Apache Kafka knows that this tool allows you to store your data up to a week, unlike other similar programs that delete them within two days. Also, Apache Kafka developer could tell you that it has enormous potential in terms of processing data, allowing big companies to have their workflow go without limitations.
Such an increase in popularity could in many ways be explained by the high tempo of our lives and how companies these days are forced to adapt to those conditions. Thousands of users are submitting tons of data on a daily basis and it needs to be stored and later analyzed. Obviously, it is hard to accomplish simply by using the human workforce and requires a specific tool. That is why most companies prefer to hire Kafka programmer or two on their team to make sure they stay relevant on the market.
Hiring Kafka Developer: Pros and Cons
Before you begin looking for an in-house or remote Apache Kafka developer, it is best that you learn about all the pros and cons of this technology.
- Apache Kafka allows you to store messages for as long as you need to, unlike other services that usually delete data after 24 hours.
- It has excellent performance and allows you to process enormous amounts of data on a daily basis.
- Apache Kafka has incredibly easy settings and it super easy and comfortable to work with.
- Kafka has a default setting to upload all the incoming data on the hard drive, unlike many other tools that require you to choose that option manually.
- For anyone who is working with Apache Kafka this tool grants easy access to all the features, making the programming process smooth and fast.
- It can be an equal substitute for any other messaging system.
- Unlike message queues, Apache Kafka can only transmit messages through the publisher-subscriber pattern.
- Not enough set monitoring equipment. Some business owners hesitate to hire Kafka developer, as Kafka somewhat lacks necessary management tools.
- You can only find the necessary topic by typing its exact name, no wildcard search.
- Sometimes it might take a bit of time for Apache Kafka to load some things which eventually disrupts the overall performance.
As you see, there are some advantages as well as disadvantages to the decision to hire Kafka developer. Before you do that, make sure you are satisfied with the first ones and are ready to put up with the last ones.
Kafka Developer Salary: What Are the Differences
If you are already scrolling through Java developer with Kafka resume pieces or looking for a programmer who is only working with Kafka, you are surely interested in finding out more about their rates and what they usually depend on. The first thing you should pay attention to is the country of origin of your developer. For example, Eastern European countries specialists tend to have lower rates compared to those from other countries. Secondly, take a look at your Kafka developer resume, what skills your potential hire has and how much of a professional he is. Obviously, the more skills and years of experience your developer has – the higher his rate is going to be. Let’s now take a look at the comparison chart for Kafka developers’ rates from different countries. All the data was taken from Glassdoor.
|$ per year||$200k||$201.5k||$45k||$93k||$100k|
As you see, Ukraine, being an Eastern European country, has the lowest rates among all 5.
Kafka Developer Resume: What It Looks Like
Kafka developer resume is an important thing to look at before hiring a specialist like that. So if you want to make the right choice, take a look at this example below, so that you will know what to pay your attention to during the hiring process.
Ways to Hire Kafka Developers: Main Options
There are usually three main ways for business owners to hire Kafka developers to work on their projects: in-house, freelance and outstaffing. Now let’s quickly get through all of them to find out which option is the best one.
This is the option for those companies that have projects that require constant communication between the creator and his developers. Surely it will allow you to control every little detail, however, keep in mind, that in-house specialists are usually more expensive to hire and you will also have to pay the rent for the office.
This is probably the most convenient option, however, not for you but for your developers. When it comes to your particular case, you will pay less than in the previous case, however, you will have much less control over the process.
This is the ideal option for you as it combines the opportunity to receive a lower price and some additional guarantees for the quality of the final product. Basically, you sign a contract with another company that will provide you with the necessary specialists and will be playing the role of some sort of a mediator between you and your developers.
Mobilunity: Your Best Outstaffing Option
There are plenty of companies these days that provide such services, however, not all of them are trustworthy or convenient to reach out. As we have already discussed previously in the article, when it comes down to outstaffing, Ukraine is one of those countries you want to look out to. Among all companies that Ukraine has to offer, there is one that has been getting everyone’s attention lately. It is called Mobilunity and here is the list of reasons why you should choose it as your main provider for Kafka developers:
- Day and night customer support. Whenever you will have any questions regarding your project – do not hesitate to call Mobilunity’s customer support desk and get your answers in no time.
- Transparent prices. Being charged at this company, you will always know exactly what kind of expenses your finances are covering.
- Reasonable prices. Mobilunity does not overcharge its clients and is always trying to give them the best solution possible. You will not have to pay for something you will not use.
- Wide variety of developers to choose from. Do not worry, you will not be given a single resume, you will have a choice to pick out the developer that stands out the most to you. Mobilunity has a long list of potential candidates for any kind of project.
- High professionalism. Mobilunity’s developers have years of experience and a long list of successfully finished projects.