Hire Appcelerator Titanium Developer
Mobile phones and mobile application development have undoubtedly introduced a new era in the digital age. For instance, the internet was primarily accessed through laptops and desktops just a few years ago, but the emergence of smartphones introduced a major shift in how people accessed cyberspace. All of this arose the interest in hiring mobile developers with different skillset, for example, Appcelerator Titanium engineer or Haskell developer. In November 2016, mobile internet usage surpassed desktop internet usage for the first time, showing just how much smartphones have penetrated the internet user base. Moreover, mobile applications have made the lives of people exponentially more convenient, making tasks such as photo editing, online shopping, and guided navigation possible with just a few taps on the mobile screen. In 2016 alone, there were around 149.3 billion mobile app downloads worldwide. It’s clear that mobile applications have become a big part of everyday life for many.
Overview of Appcelerator Titanium and Reasons to Hire Titanium Engineer
Appcelerator Alloy is another free, Apache-licensed framework built on top of Appcelerator Titanium that makes it easy to implement the model-view-controller architecture into a Titanium application. With this tool, a developer can easily separate an application into the user interface layer, business logic layer, and data model layer, thereby improving the code’s maintainability, readability, reusability, and overall code quality.
Collectively, these frameworks are included as part of the Appcelerator Platform, Appcelerator’s full mobile technology suite that includes extended services such as analytics, cloud, and dashboard services. The platform comes at various price points, starting with a free version suitable for individual developers.
Let’s take a closer look at Appcelerator Titanium, the main technology behind Appcelerator’s native mobile app creation tool suite. What are the advantages and disadvantages of addressing to Titanium framework in mobile and cross-platform development?
Pros and Cons Appcelerator Titanium Development: Is It Worth to Hire Titanium Coder?
Let’s examine the pros and cons of Titanium development for creating cross-platform mobile applications. As you have probably guessed, the advantages of relying on Titanium development outweigh some inconveniences. Here are the benefits of hiring Titanium programmers for your mobile app development:
Pros of Hiring Titanium App Developer
- Faster prototyping. By design, Appcelerator Titanium accelerates cross platform mobile app development because you are given the tools to write commonly used functionalities with just a few lines of code.
- Reusable code. Being a cross-platform framework, Titanium enables you to write a single piece of code and use this code to deploy to different operating systems, requiring only minor tweaks to tailor the code to each platform.
- Healthy developer community. Appcelerator claims that Titanium is used by over 660,000 developers, and since it’s open-source, this means that developers can expect to have good support from their fellow Titanium developers.
Consequently, here are some minor disadvantages of using Titanium framework for your app developments. No technology is ideal, yet Titanium has cons you can afford to put up.
Cons of Hiring Titanium App Developer
- Errors difficult to detect. Being cross-platformed, Titanium programming enables developers to write code for different operating systems from a single codebase, but these developers will have to test this code on each individual platform they wish to support. Although a Titanium mobile app may run smoothly from the Titanium IDE, some undetected errors may occur when executed on a specific platform, which can only be detected at runtime.
- Greater resource consumption. Appcelerator Titanium is cross-compiled, which is closer in behavior to an interpreted language than a compiled one. As such, it may come with increased startup and runtime costs.
Despite the difficulties with finding code errors and a decent amount of consumed resources, Appcelerator Titanium development proves to be one of the most prominent and highly-productive solutions for mobile application development. No wonder that more and more developers, both Junior and Senior, are learning and working with Titanium framework to keep up with the recent trends.
Titanium App Developer: Skills and Knowledge Required
If the benefits of Titanium development appeal to you and your business, then it’s best to hire qualified and highly abled Appcelerator Titanium developers. These developers will become your core mobile app developers who will be responsible for creating your mobile apps from the ground up and deploy them to different operating systems such as Android, iOS, and even Windows. As such, it is imperative that you carefully select and then, hire Appcelerator Titanium developer or app designer for your needs.
Aside from looking for a Titanium certified app developer, there are other essential skills you may look for in a Titanium programmer to ensure competency, such as:
- Native Mobile Development – Although Titanium is a cross-platform framework and as such provides a high degree of code reusability, the codes will not be 100% reusable, and some tweaks will have to be done to make the app work flawlessly on each operating system. As such, Titanium app development requires that a developer have at least some basic knowledge on native development in each of the platforms you want to support.
- Understanding of Good UI/UX – Mobile applications are all about delivering an excellent experience to its users, so a good Titanium developer must have a good understanding of what makes pleasant user experience and a visually appealing user interface. A good Titanium developer must therefore also be a good Appcelerator app designer.
- Good Team Player – Cross-platform Titanium mobile development is typically done by a team of several developers, so even the most brilliant Titanium developer will be a liability if he doesn’t know how to work in a team. A good Titanium engineer must know how to cooperate and communicate effectively with other developers to achieve a common goal.
If you would like to look at some Titanium developer resume examples before checking out the real applications, check out the next paragraph. We have prepared a few living examples of resumes, CVs, and job descriptions.
Appcelerator Titanium Developer Resume Example
For evaluating the candidate’s level companies usually prepare interview questions, for example, IoS developer interview questions and analyze resumes of potential employees. Let’s take a look at Titanium developer resume example that will help you to evaluate potential candidates. Keep in mind that requirements and experience needed may vary a lot depending on your project specifics and working preferences; however, here is a comprehensive resume of Appcelerator Titanium expert that can handle most of the projects perfectly.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer engineering, programming, information systems, or any related field
- Appcelerator Titanium certification (TCD/TCE)
- 2+ years of Titanium framework programming
- at least 3 launched projects with Titanium framework (links to iStore/Android/website)
- working experience with the latest front-end frameworks and back-end architectures
- cross-platform development (2+ platforms)
- testing and debugging experience
- Titanium Mobile API
- Titanium Studio
- Amazon Web Services, JQuery, CakePHP, Google Closure
- leadership qualities
- team management experience
- time management skills
- negotiation skills
- attention to details
- strong interest in education and self-improvement
Also, you can organize your job description by taking a close look at the vacancies posted on the web. For instance, you can search on Indeed to find out how other companies can hire Titanium engineer and what software they are working on. It will give you not only a greater insight in the experience part of a Titanium programmer resume but also evaluate the development trends and future projects of your competitors. Based on this information, you can prepare your job post, clearly explaining your requirements but holding the cards close regarding your project. Who knows who will read your job post? It is better to secure yourself by telling about the company without describing the project in full.
The next thing you should take into consideration is Titanium programming cost. In the next paragraph, we will compare Appcelerator Titanium developer salary rates to help you gain an understanding of the situation on the labor market. Are there any differences in rates if hire Appcelerator Titanium developer from one country or another?
Appcelerator Titanium Developer Salary Rates: How Much It Costs to Hire Titanium Programmer
Below you can find different Appcelerator Titanium developer salary rates depending on the country the programmer lives/works in. It is worth noting that these salary costs are presented for Senior Titanium application development specialists because most of the companies are interested in experienced coders in the field:
- the US – $104,000
- the UK – £48,135 ($61,061)
- Canada – C$87,458 ($65,128)
- Australia – AU$68,831 ($48,013)
- Switzerland – CHF 102,127 ($102,743)
- Norway – NOK 716,765 ($82,292)
- Germany – €59,503 ($66,867)
- Netherlands – €58,181 ($65,375)
- France – €47,103 ($52,927)
- Ukraine – $24,554
As you can see, there is a considerable difference between Titanium engineer salary rates of American and European specialists. For instance, if you pay attention to Ukraine, you will notice that annual Ukrainian Appcelerator Titanium developer salary is almost three times less in comparison with Canadian or British specialists and four times less in comparison to American ones. But does it mean that the quality corresponds to the rates accordingly? No, absolutely not. Not just one Titanium development company from Ukraine showed remarkable results and presented outstanding applications. Ukrainian Titanium development specialists are well-known and highly valued all over the world; still, they have one of the most affordable rates on the market.
We mentioned a Titanium development company with a purpose. Next, we will pay your attention to the differences in hiring a Titanium development agency and a single working programmer. Both of them have advantages and risks to keep in mind.
Titanium Development Company & Remote Programmer: How to Choose
After considering all the benefits and possibilities offered by Appcelerator Titanium framework, now you are wondering how to find and hire Titanium programmer. We will make things clear: first of all, you should specify the front of the work and the time restrictions. Can one person do it within a given time? Do you require few workers with different knowledge and experience? Do you trust a Titanium development vendor more than a single specialist? Let’s just go through all options piece by piece.
Hire Titanium Developers on a Freelance Basis
If you want to hire Titanium coder for a small or one-time project, a freelancer can work for you best. You can discuss all steps of required work and time frames for future upgrades and maintenance; therefore, you won’t have to pay the programmer monthly but only for the exact time he works on your project. It is a cost-savvy yet risky option because freelance programmers are often unreliable and can disappear in the middle of the project. We recommend hiring freelance programmers on secure and trustworthy websites only such as Freelancer or Upwork.
Hire Titanium Developer as a Remote Worker
Should you decide to hire one person, consider a remote worker instead of freelance one if Titanium project is your main one. Full-time Titanium programmer working remotely will dedicate most of his working time and professional attitude exactly to your project. You still won’t have to pay for his expenses (transport, office, supply); however, you will have to pay salary monthly even if the developed project doesn’t require any updates at a time. The best source to find remote specialists in LinkedIn.
Hire Appcelerator Titanium Developer Through Titanium Development Company
Here is a compromise between unreliable freelance services and trustworthy full-time development. An outsourcing company takes responsibility for all organization processes of your project development: it provides/finds Titanium programmers, controls all the development stages, gives you constant feedback during each stage. In result, you get a well-developed product you paid for and then, you can return to the company for further improvements/maintenance only when needed. So, you pay only for the guaranteed result without wasting your money on post-development compensation for in-house/remote specialists. To choose the best Titanium development company, it is worth searching for feedback, recommendations, and recently launched projects on the web. Fortunately, you have already found one of the most experienced outsourcing Titanium development companies in the market – Mobilunity.
We don’t insist on outsourcing your programming to another company; however, you have to admit that such companies usually have a huge cumulative knowledge and experience that can benefit even very specific idea. Thus, besides checking some Titanium developer resume, consider also contacting an outsourcing Titanium programming company to find out what it can offer you.
Hire Titanium Developers Now at Mobilunity
Mobile applications are becoming a bigger part of people’s lives, with the number of smartphone users increasing every day. These applications bring invaluable convenience to the hands of many, enabling them to perform complex tasks on their mobile phones, tasks that used to require computers or laptops to accomplish. Mobile application development is, therefore, a rapidly growing industry, and Appcelerator Titanium is a tool that enables the rapid development of mobile apps and their quick deployment to different operating systems.
We’ve discussed the business value of using this software for your mobile application projects. After learning what you need to know about the software and the things you should look for in a good Titanium app developer, it’s a good time to hire one! For that, look no further than Mobilunity, a provider of excellent dedicated developers skilled in various technologies, including some Appcelerator Titanium engineering. With our help companies hire dedicated developers experiences in multiple technologies, for example, you may always contact us if you are looking for Dart developer. We’re located in Ukraine, accessible to entire Europe, and our rates are one of the lowest across the continent. When you hire Appcelerator Titanium developer from us, you’re sure to maximize the value of your hard-earned money.