How to Hire Qlik Developer and Achieve Success in Your Business
An amount of data every company deals with is overwhelming, so understanding what the numbers mean, how they affect the company’s like and what conclusions can be drawn from all that data is crucial. In this article, we will talk about Business Intelligence, one of the tools to manage it, as well as the type of developers to help along.
Business Intelligence Definition
Let us begin with a simple question: how do you understand business intelligence? In simple terms, Business intelligence (BI) is an analytical approach to fetching and analyzing the raw data, as well as presenting it as meaningful insights to others. The most prominent purpose of BI is an easy interpretation of available information.
What companies need Business Intelligence?
Here is a set of questions to answer before rushing into the decision:
- Do you gather data about the companies performance, clients and processes?
- Do you have several sources of information?
- Do you experience troubles interpreting available data or feel buried under the vast amount of information?
- Have you experienced troubles making a business decision due to the lack of data?
- Have you had troubles establishing a baseline of performance for any team or department?
- Have you experienced issues with KPIs of the company and its parts?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’, then perhaps a better approach to data management is definitely needed.
Modern technologies allow you to collect, store, and process a large amount of data, however, many companies, CEOs, CTO, and CFO have hard times comprehending such information as it might be poorly structured and visualized. One of the fixes to deal with the issue is an adoption of BI solution. As a matter of fact, let us tell you more about one of tools for such programming, Qlick.
Qlik Overview: History, Products, Solutions
Brief History of Qlik
Founded back 1993, Qlik was originally located in Sweden with the further relocation to the USA. Previously known as QlikTech, this company specializes in business intelligence. The name of a company actually is an abbreviation for Quality, Understanding, Interaction, and Knowledge.
Initially, Qlik was a single-user application for desktop computers and only in 2005 it was replaced by a server-based equivalent. Upon further cooperation with Intel and HP, Qlik adopts their colors. Throughout the years, Qlik spread from Sweden to global adoption, being used even by British police to ‘predict crime’.
Qlik company has several products, such as Qlik Sense, QlikView, Analytical Platform, Qlik Core, and some others. Today we are going to discuss two main products, compare them and discuss what developers are needed to work with these products.
What Is QlikView?
Being one of the solutions for business intelligence, as well as business discovery tools. It allows one to store, process and access huge amounts of raw data.
QlikView consists of three primary components:
- QlikView Desktop. A tool that is used to extract the data and model and visualize information
- QlikView Server. All applications are stored on the dedicated server, that handles communication between those apps and client.
- QlikView Publisher. It allows you to load data from multiple sources, as well as deliver final documents to the end users.
What Is Qlik Sense?
Despite being powered by the same engine, there is a great difference between Qlik Sense and QlikView. Qlik Sense allows its users to visualize the available data by creating reports, dashboards, and charts.
In simple terms, QlikView allows the user to handle daily tasks, analyzing the available data. On the contrary, Qlik Sense allows to find to present the data in the ways that is appealing to many user. There are two additional tools worth mentioning.
- Qlik NPrinting allows to prepare visual reports based on the processed data. You can choose from the variety of formats, channels, and types of delivery, as well as create your own schedule.
- Expressor that is virtually a dashboard for all the processes going on.
So, once we are done with products, let’s see how popular this technology really is.
The Demand for Qlik Development
Considering the fact, that Qlik programming is not the most widespread business strategy, the number of developers needed are moderate. Indeed.com lists over 1.7K open positions for QlikView developers in the USA, while the European Union requires more than 3 thousand QlikView developers and tech consultants, according to LinkedIn. It means that there are more vacant positions than there are developers, so more and more recruiters and looking for Qlik developer resume and a great dev behind it. However, let’s get serious and do the math.
Brutal Truth About Qlik Development Cost
One of the things that is fascinating and scary at the same time, is the fact that Qlik programming isn’t the easiest solution. If we are satisfied with simple features that are available out of the box, you will need Qlik expert just to help you with an initial setup. However, if there are custom things to be written, the Qlik engineering cost can be higher than other solutions. Let’s have a look at compensation rates.
Qlik Developers Salary
For this comparison, we have checked services like PayScale and ItJobsWatch for annual Qlik development rate. The overall data is presented in the chart below, however the general tendency is similar to the situation in other technologies.
Qlik Programming Cost Worldwide
Qlik developers’ salary in:
- USA – $80,551
- UK – $68,339
- Canada – $57,765
- Australia – $57,474
- Germany – $68,543
- Singapore – $66,220
- Switzerland – $100,198
The USA and Switzerland are most interested in Qlik programming, as their Qlik coder salary score is the highest among all. The UK seems to express less interest in this technology, paying 15% less compared to the US. Qlik developer salary seems to be almost equal in Canada and Australia.
However, we have decided to dig a little deeper and added another source for comparison. ZipRecruiter.com suggests that as of March 2019, the United States pay an average $124,061 per annum to Qlik developers. This score is based on the number of active job postings, as well as reported salaries, meaning the market is offering more, compared to what was reported. This source suggests that 25th percentile marks $104,000 rate and 75th percentile reaches $138,000 in annual Qlik developers salary.
Thus, the Qlik development cost will be based on the location, an average national Qlik developers salary and type of employment.
Qlik Developer Resume
Typically, when a company is looking to hire Qlik developer, they will need a person with a specific list of skills. Here are some of them:
- First-hand experience with QlikView, both as a developer and tech consultant;
- Profound knowledge of various databases (icl. Oracle);
- Knowledge of data-source integration, advanced scripting, as well as explicit custom software development, development in QlikView.
- Experience with environments: QlikView, Microsoft SQL Server, QlikView Publisher, Oracle, Rally, and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of C, C++, and .Net is required.
Qlik Developer Resume Sample
Here is an example of Qlik programmer resume, which we think is a good example of a skilled developer with versatile experience in Qlik development.
Any Qlik developer CV should include general information about the domain this developer used to work in. Any Qlik coder should also have at least some background knowledge of math, as well as understand the ways business can benefit from proper data maintenance. Another important aspect in any Qlik engineer CV is the size of the company they have worked for. If a Qlik engineer has worked for small-to-medium business entities they may not have experience to deal with enterprise-level systems, whereas the downsizing is much easier.
3 Ways to Hire Qlik Developer
As with any other technical personnel, if you need to find a Qlik developer, there are three options: hire, find a freelancer, or outsource. So what is the best hiring option when it comes to Qlik developers?
Find Qlik Developer to Work in Your Office
The good old solution to find a Qlik programmer to complete an existing team or to start a new department is great. You have full control over every step of the process, can easily communicate with them and make sure they understand your vision. However, hiring a in-house developer comes with stuffing issues (you might need to wait few month before the developer can start), or extra expenses (like sick leaves).
Hire Qlik Coder on Freelance Website
If you are looking for a cheap Qlik developer, the freelance might be a good alternative. Typical pricing policy varies between $35 and $90 per hour of services rendered. However, most freelancers are not willing to sign any contracts or NDA agreements, so the safety of your data might be endangered.
Outsource Qlik Development
If you believe that your best choice to hire Qlik developer is outsourcing, you might be right. It is cost-efficient, can be legally bound by contract, and you can choose the service provider you like.
Why You Should Choose Mobilunity to Hire Qlik Developers in Ukraine?
If a company needs to hire Qlik coder, or requires the services of a dedicated team, they are most likely will choose to outsource, as it allows to access the required specialist faster, and in most cases, cheaper.
Things to Do Before You Hire Qlik Coder
- Find the KPI important for you business or factors you would like to track. BI can reflect upon such processes as sales, finances, quality assurance, etc.
- Select data sources. If you have multiple sources of data, such as different applications, internal metrics, website data, etc., make sure to list them all.
- Create a sample. It is extremely important to test tool before applying it to the whole process, and Qlik allows you to test all the instruments for free.
- Clarify the requirements. Before you start looking for service provider or a dedicated Qlik developer, make sure un validate and verify your requirements.
Choose a Qlik Partner
Once all the preparation is done, and you are sure that Qlik products are the best choice for your case, it is time to select the company to partner up with or find the developer to help you out with technical matters. If you opt for outsourcing, Ukraine has an excellent reputation for being an outsourcing provider to many well-established companies around the world.
Why Choose Us?
As one of the best Ukrainian outsourcing companies, who offer assistance to small-to-medium size businesses around the world, Mobilunity is a great choice because:
- We have access to a wide pool of tech experts. Upon your behalf we can hire an engineer in virtually any field.
- We have International experience. Having successfully complete projects for clients all over the globe, Mobilunity is well known for its excellent reputation.
- We offer clear pricing policy. Once you send your inquiry, we will contact you, clarify all the details of the potential project and than make an offer.
- We can create any team structure. If you have a complex project that requires more than one developer, we will assist you in creating a dedicated team to work on your project.
- We have suitable time difference. For European clients – we have an hour or two difference, meaning the work starts before you get to the office, for American partners – your team can pick up where our developers left, and there is still 2 to 4 hour window for meetings.
- We provide timely delivery. We understand the importance of the deadline and will make sure our services are delivered according to the deadlines we agree upon.
- We provide top quality services. Adopting only best practices, controlling every step of the process, and testing the quality – we make sure you are satisfied with the product you get!