How to Send PDF Invoices In OptimizePress
Create PDF invoices in OptimizePress
OptimizePress is a WordPress plugin and theme used for marketing and membership sites mong other things. It is popular and widely used by online marketers and web-designers. One question that occasionally crops up from those who OptimizePress on their site is “What if I want to invoice in PDF format? How do I do that?” If you want to send PDF invoices to your customers there are a number of options to create PDF invoices if you have OptimizePress. Several of those options will be discussed here and you can choose the one that works best for you.
Option 1. Use WordPress Plugins
Many WordPress plugins are compatible with OptimizePress, including some for invoicing and billing. There are free plugins as well as some paid versions to choose from. Two of the more popular free plugins are:
- WP-Invoice: This is a popular free plugin that has plenty of features which include the ability to create PDF invoices, receipts and quotes.
- Invoiced WP: Another plugin that is free allows you to create invoices in PDF format.
- If the free plugins don’t fit your needs there are several paid plugins that may suit your purpose. Here are three that you might want to take a look at:
- WP PRO Invoicing System: A popular invoicing plugin with the ability to create and send PDF invoices
- Sprout Invoices: A flexible and fully customizable invoicing plugin that allows the creation of invoices in PDF format
- WordPress Invoice Pro: Another invoicing plugin that may suit your needs and compatible with OptimizePress
It may be that a plugin isn’t what you are looking for and neither free nor paid versions provide exactly what you want. Another method that you may want to examine is using a billing and invoicing platform service
Option 2. Billing and Invoicing Platforms
These are companies that offer services that provide invoicing and billing solutions using their billing platform and software. They will work with you and integrate their API with your system to provide the service you need. Two companies offering a variety of options are:
- Fastspring: An e-commerce platform with flexible options and a powerful API.
- Recurly: Recurly specializes in subscription and recurring billing.
- As a third alternative to make invoice online management easier and send PDF invoices to your customers, you can use WooCommerce.
Option 3. Install WooCommerce and Plugins
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin so technically could be included with the others in option 1. However because of its popularity (24% of e-commerce sites run WooCommerce) it is being included as a third option here. WooCommerce offers plugin options for different needs of online marketers. Some of its popular WooCommerce add-ons include:
- WooCommerce Memberships – This extension allows you to link membership directly to your products or sell memberships independently. Access to content/products can also be controlled, including who has access and when they have access.
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – Especially useful for recurring payments and allows you to set up a billing schedule or even to let customers set their own schedule among other features.
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips – The WooCommerce extension plugin that enables you to create PDF invoices. Invoices can be automatically generated and sent or if you choose, you can create invoices manually. Many other features are part of what accounts for its popularity.
The best choice of methods for creating and sending PDF invoices will depend on your specific requirements. One of the options discussed here will most likely be a good choice for your site and fulfill the necessary requirements.
To upgrade your website try adding this social media plugin.