Why WordPress Images Aren’t Shown
We have received numerous complaints from WordPress users who say that their images are not being displayed. Their images do not show up in the main side, as well as in the admin panel. A fresh install does not fix the problem, and neither does changing the themes. Often, the reasons for WordPress images not showing are frustratingly more complex.
Why Are Images Not Displaying In WordPress
There are a few reasons why your images in WordPress might not be showing, and they are often surprising reasons that take a little while to fix.
If you are using FileZilla in your FTP system, you will need to swap the transfer mode to Auto. At the moment, it should be set to ASCII. This is one way of solving the issue.
Any More Reasons Why My Featured Image Is Not Showing?
- The problem why images are not showing on your website might also lie in the fact that your functions.php file is saved in the wrong format. It always has to be utf-8. You can check the format of this file in a few ways – issue a Linux command ‘$ file /etc/passwd’, insert a mb_detect_encoding function, or check the file encoding in your cpanel.
- Another rather trivial reason is, that you simply deleted some images from the WordPress media library. In this case, they are not stored on the server and therefore can’t be displayed. Just upload them again.
- It often happens, that media library elements are lost while migrating from one WP theme to a new one. This issue is caused by peculiarities of certain themes and doesn’t always occur. The only reason is to upload the needed files again and insert them anew.
- Finally, another reason why your images are not displaying could be because your images were uploaded incorrectly. To resolve, you need to link them correctly in the HTML. Where your images are on the server is essential, and you need to know exactly where you have put them. Learn how to secure WordPress website to be 100% sure about its safety.
Reasons to Hire Dedicated WordPress Developers
If your WordPress images are still not showing or you’ve tried the possible reasons and solutions that we have offered in this article and there are even more problems popping out, it might be in your best interest to hire a developer to fix the issues for you. The best developer for this job is a dedicated WordPress developer. These professionals are highly knowledgeable and experienced in not only solving issues with WordPress images or its plugins, but also improving current WordPress pages.
Here at Mobilunity, we offer the services of our highly skilled and experienced WordPress developers to solve your WordPress issues. Dedicated WordPress developers from Mobilunity are:
- selected among thousands of talented engineers to meet specific needs of your business
- dedicated to addressing client needs and work directly with the customer
- prioritize providing cost-efficient solutions to concerns that are put forward by our clients
- very flexible in working with different project management tools and internal client’s systems
If you are looking to hire a dedicated and highly skilled custom WordPress plugin developer to fix bugs and/or improve your WordPress page, Mobilunity is the best place to look. If you are still facing a persistent bug with not displayed images in WordPress, feel free to contact us today!