Building a WP Website with a Membership Function
Types of Services That Choose a Membership
Nowadays, membership is a great way to become a part of community, access hidden functions and content, buy clothes, software, services and many other wonderful things. As practice shows, your business can be a popular, trendy field or of a narrow specifics, you will find your customers anyway.
Solutions for Websites with MA
There’s a choice for you to make: whether your membership will be free, paid or mixed. We can help you to make this choice. Firstly, decide on the target audience. The questions you need to ask yourself will probably be:
- What’s the main idea of your business/ which people your business is made for?
- Will there be one type of users or several? For example, eCommerce websites have ‘vendors’ and ‘buyers’, communities and forums have ‘pros’ and ‘newbies’. They can get a membership on different conditions.
- Are you creating MA to make it the main profit, or you are already making money on retail/ services?
- Are users of your website young/ students? If they are adults, will they be able to pay for the hidden content?
Answering these questions you are likely to finally decide what kind of membership is appropriate for your business. The next step will be development of the strategy, namely the content/ functionality you’d like to hide. It may be:
- Digital products
- Ebooks and webinar packages
- Software utilities
- Order tracking function
- Ability to comment
Let’s take CreativeLive educational community website as an example:
- It has compulsory sign-up membership
- After registration you have the access to free and paid courses, and ability to leave comments
- Access live or ‘on demand’ courses after sign-up
- All brief materials about the courses are available on the free basis
- It has a great function ‘Give as a gift’, which allows you to buy a course for your friend
- It has holiday discounts and the special ones for active members
Great Membership Plugins for WP
Choosing the right, high quality platform is crucial for your business, if you want to have more opportunities for growth. Now let’s have a more detailed look on how to create a membership website with the help of WP plugins.
Plugins which will help you to create a membership area
- Simple membership plugin
With its help you can create protected content on the free or premium basis, depending on your choice. This membership WordPress plugin itself is well-documented and customizable. It allows you to set up login, registration and join us pages. The great bonus for you – it is free.
It is one of the most popular membership plugins on WP. With its help you can restrict access to the content of any kind either these are posts, files, categories, or tags. The other great feature of this plugin is a content dripping.
- Restrict content Pro
This WordPress membership plugin comes with built-in integrations while for other plugins additional cost is required. It is easy to use, but doesn’t have the feature of content dripping yet.
It is created by the folks behind the WP plugin for eCommerce. This one can be useful, if your website’s core is WooCommerce. The membership plugin is powerful and well-integrated.
As long as we are talking about WordPress, it can also be interesting for you to read more on security topic as this one is always up to date.
The Experience of Mobilunity Team
We would also like to share our successful experience in working with a membership function for the Unlock Codes Generator. The website provides users with an opportunity to unlock their phone and gives big list of carriers, brands and models. In order to use the service, you should become a member of the platform. You place the order, receive login details via email and the tracking function becomes available 24/7. As simple as that!