Mobilunity is a provider of dedicated development teams that believes in empowering Ukrainian talent, by connecting local IT professionals, with Global, forward thinking organizations. Our teams of engineers are fully devoted to the development of our client’s products, and we as a company are also fully dedicated to our teams and their development. In order to make this collaboration happen, we follow what we call the 3 R’s of nearshoring: Relationships, Recruitment, & Retention.
On behalf of our client from the UK we are looking for Magento Developer.
About the project:
Our client is a leading UK-based full service digital agency established in 2003, a winner of multiple eCommerce and digital agencies awards in 2018. They specialize in open source web development on platforms such as Magento, Drupal, Umbraco and Shopify, digital marketing and creative design services for all industries from online retailers to public sector organizations.
You will be working on a mixture of Magento 1 and Magento 2 projects which will range from:
1. Project Builds:
Which will be a mixture of Magento 1 → Magento 2 Migrations and 3rd Party Platform →Magento 2 migrations.
2. Scheduled development:
Which will be used to extend the feature-set on an existing commerce implementation.
3. Support & Maintenance:
Which will involve the installation of security patches and the diagnosis and resolution of support tickets.
4. Internal Improvements:
Improving company’s process and tooling increasing our quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Communicate regularly with project managers and the wider team via daily scrums and
- Communicate with clients via Jira tickets
- Develop solutions to solve agreed acceptance criteria
- Contribute to the Magento Community via our open source projects
- Contribute to and attend Magento meetings where we discuss improving our workflows and
- Perform builds and deploys via company’s continuous integration system (Atlassian Bamboo)
- Follow company’s branching strategy (Git-Flow and this is linked to Jira)
- Estimate development time for tasks
- Communicate with clients via Screen Share, Meetings and Jira
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement fixes
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide an understanding of technical
requirements, processes and dependencies
- Create and maintain technical documentation using internal knowledge management
platforms (Atlassian Confluence)
- High PHP competency and adhere to set coding standards
- Proven track record in Magento 1 & Magento 2 development (combined experience)
- Strong OO programming knowledge including GOF design patterns
- Experience of integrating Magento with 3rd party ERP / CRM systems
- Experience of working with both Magento Community & Magento Enterprise
- Experience of using and extending the Magento API
- Experience of creating Magento plugins
- Experience of XML-RPC, REST, SOAP and other web services
- A proactive, entrepreneurial and self-motivated outlook
- Extensive experience and a high standard of PHP coding ability, with an understanding of the advantages of producing clean, maintainable code
- Experience in estimating and delivering technically complex integrations
- Experience with turning a clients requirement into an implementable solution
- Experience producing technical estimates
- Experience working with Xdebug
- Experience working with admin grids
- Experience with using Docker for project virtualization in an Ubuntu / Mac OSX environment
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
Will be a plus:
- Magento certification is desirable but not essential
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Bamboo, Stash)
- Experience working with advertising/creative agencies and/or software development house sales teams, and multi-disciplinary teams
- Use of the PHP Storm IDE
- Use of code-sniffer and mess-detector to write clean, maintainable code
- Experience in working with Graph QL
- Experience in implementing headless commerce solutions
- Experience working with message queues (Rabbit MQ, Amazon SQS)
- Experience with running performance tests and profiling
- Experience working with test driven development
Joining the team you will get:
- Join an atmosphere where Relationships is a core value. Feel it too!
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance Program designed to attend our teams’ needs
- Paid vacations and sick leave, including 5 paid days per year that don’t need a sick certificate
- No open office setup. Don’t be disturbed with strangers passing by – our teams have offices for 4-15 people each
- Office location in the city center, accessible from different metro lines and ground public transport arterias, yet not polluted with traffic gas and noise of main city arterias
- Corporate football and basketball teams, music band, office tournaments and offline global games organized by the Company. Monthly pizza parties started with CEO speech to the teams, and run by Event Management team. And many other activities that you could be a part of.