React Native Developer (with React.js) (closed)
Mobilunity is a Ukrainian-based and operated provider of software engineering teams. Our typical clients are European, American and Japanese startups and small-to-mid sized companies working with our teams as permanent and equal extensions to their own software departments. With our collaboration model, engineers get direct access to the client’s technical management and work hand-in-hand with their peers both on the client’s side and in Ukraine. We as the Vendor ensure all non-tech questions are solved in a supportive manner. Joining Mobilunity you will get the best from both worlds – strong support and a big community locally, and an ambitious international team.
On behalf of our Client from Japan we are looking for a React Native Developer (with React.js).
Our client is a fast-growing fintech company based in Tokyo. The company offers its real-time monthly consolidated credit service all across Japan. Our client started Japan’s first instant post-pay credit service for e-commerce customers in October 2014. The main product is an online payment platform which requires no pre-registration or credit card to use; via this service the customers can purchase products online using only a mobile phone number and email address and settle a single monthly bill for all their purchases, either at a convenience store, by bank transfer or auto debit. Customers can use credit funds during a month and then return the balance to zero without paying credit interests.
This service also supports multi-pay installments and subscriptions. There are currently over 4 million accounts in use. This service got the largest investment to date in the Japanese financial tech industry, including PayPal Ventures investment.
Technical stack on the project:
- Back-end: Scala, Cats/Cats-effect
- Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka
- Infrastructure: AWS, Cloudformation, ECS, Fargate
- Hexagonal architecture
- Web front-end: React, Redux, Webpack (SPA)
- Mobile: React Native
Please, be aware that 60% of tasks are with React Native, 40% – with React (the split is tentative, of course, but at this stage it looks like this). You will work with colleagues and teams building and improving a variety of services and features for internal and external users:
- Single page application for consumers. What started out as a simple payments dashboard, is growing into a full application where consumers can review and manage the increasing number of payment solutions company offers
- Frontend experiences for merchants that make it as easy as possible for them to receive and manage their payments online. All merchants participate in doing business online, and payments are an essential part of their process. Reducing friction here is what it’s about
- Admin, internal tool used across teams to investigate and manage merchants & consumers, payments & charges, partners and settlements. The main aim is to increase efficiency through investment in internal tools, and each of those tools has its own unique set of frontend engineering challenges
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
- Instrument the systems with monitoring and alerting to ensure accuracy, availability and responsiveness
- Experience in both ReactNative and React with an approximate split of 60/40
- Experience in GraphQL, CI/CD, TDD
- Professional experiences building UIs with modern tools like ES6, Redux, Flow, and Webpack
- Team-based software development experience and ability to work with different
- You care deeply about performance, accessibility, and API design
- You have a high bar for producing clean, maintainable and testable code
- You have at least strong intermediate level of English
- You are comfortable working in a big codebase with multiple stakeholders
- You love learning and are not afraid to jump in
It’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in every dimension above, but you should be interested in learning any of the areas that are less familiar
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with creating B2C user experiences
- Experience with financial or payment product
Joining the team you will get
- The friendliest community of like-minded IT-people
- Open knowledge-sharing environment – exclusive access to a rich pool of colleagues willing to share their endless insights into the broadest variety of modern technologies
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance program designed to attend our teams’ needs
- Paid vacations and sick leaves, including 5 paid days per year that don’t require a sick note
- Fair salary and 100% taxes coverage – don’t worry about possible taxes raise – we will get you covered
- Perfect office location in the city-center (900m from Lukyanivska metro station with a green and spacious neighborhood) or remote mode engagement: you can choose a convenient one for you, with a possibility to fit together both
- No open-spaces setup – separate rooms for every team’s comfort and multiple lounge and gaming zones on all of the 3 floors
- Neverending fun: sports events, tournaments, music band, multiple affinity groups
Come on board, and let’s grow together!