Senior Full-Stack RoR Developer (closed)
Mobilunity is a Ukrainian-based and operated provider of software engineering teams. Our typical clients are European, American and Japanese startups and small-to-mid sized companies working with our teams as permanent and equal extensions to their own software departments. With our collaboration model, engineers get direct access to the client’s technical management and work hand-in-hand with their peers both on the client’s side and in Ukraine. We as the Vendor ensure all non-tech questions are solved in a supportive manner. Joining Mobilunity you will get the best from both worlds – strong support and a big community locally, and an ambitious international team.
On behalf of our Client from the US, Mobilunity is looking for a Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer.
Our Client is a US company, located in NY, with Israel Development/R&D. The project itself is a B2B social network and the fastest growing online platform designed for enterprise technology professionals. It is a dynamic, real-time platform that offers user information that is current, objective, and relevant.
It enables knowledgeable experts, including real users and independent consultants, to share their expertise in a high quality community of decision makers. As a result, the community thrives as a valuable resource, ensuring that technology professionals get access to the right information and connect to the right people—for any topic, at any time. The company has been covered in USAToday, Wired and The Wall Street Journal. Their customers include VMware, Dell, Oracle, HPE, CA, SAP, NetApp, Cisco, etc.
Our Customer is currently looking for a for a Full-Stack Developer to contribute to the process of broadening the platform, building new APIs, and have the freedom in terms of technical decisions and to work together with highly-experienced teammates.
What’s on you:
- Positive work/life balance. Life can be chaotic and you need the flexibility to achieve great results.
- Work in a small, tight-knit group of highly engaged, intelligent, and fun people. Help to keep our code smelling bright, fresh, and super easy to use.
- Possibility to keep up to date on new technologies with an eye to bringing them on board. They don’t just use something because it’s popular; they use it because it solves a problem.
- Stable and growing project. They’re profitable and have been since year 3 of the start.
- 3 years of experience with RoR
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with TDD and writing unit tests with RSpec
- Strong sense of ownership over everything you do. You own your work from definition to delivery.
- Constant learner, interested in staying up to date on technical developments as well as the business environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Introducing new APIs and vendor integrations (Constantly changing)
- The business logic code supporting operations (Ruby on Rails)
- The underlying business data (MySql, Postgres/TimescaleDB)
- The tracking and reporting pipelines to provide consistent and critical data reports about every aspect of the site (Google Analytics, Postgres)
- Basic server operations (Unix, Chef, Apache, Load Balancing, DNS)
In return we offer:
- The friendliest community of like-minded IT-people
- Open knowledge-sharing environment – exclusive access to a rich pool of colleagues willing to share their endless insights into the broadest variety of modern technologies
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance program designed to attend our teams’ needs
- Paid vacations and sick leaves, including 5 paid days per year that don’t require a sick note
- Fair salary and 100% taxes coverage – don’t worry about possible taxes raise – we will get you covered
- Perfect office location in the city-center (900m from Lukyanivska metro station with a green and spacious neighborhood) or remote mode engagement: you can choose a convenient one for you, with a possibility to fit together both
- English classes in 1-to-1 & group modes with elements of gamification
- Neverending fun: sports events, tournaments, music band, multiple affinity groups