Hire Embedded Developer for IoT Projects
As the embedded systems become complex, hiring IoT development team becomes more complicated because of the IoT salaries rising. This is because embedded software development fundamentally differs from non-embedded software which means the methods, tools, and techniques for each are worlds apart. Despite being on the receiving end for limited hardware, the embedded development industry is beginning to see dramatic shifts in the way projects are being implemented as most systems are implemented through software. As a result, the embedded devices are faster irrespective of whether they are from chip or flash.
What Are Embedded Systems?
Embedded software engineers will agree that there is no general consensus on what an embedded system is or a comprehensive list of attributes such a system should have. What embedded programmers across the world agree on, is that an embedded system is a conglomeration of hardware and software dedicated to a particular application. In simple terms, it’s a reactive subsystem of a larger system. For example, a car may not necessarily be an embedded system but, some of the subsystems in the car itself like the fuel injection system are. As you venture into hiring an embedded developer for IoT projects, remember to consider the benefits of implementing a DevOps microservices for improved scalability and flexibility, and the potential need for a freelance backend developer for specialized tasks.
The embedded systems are the controllers within a larger system, which have a particular function. They are usually based on the hardware microprocessors and microcontrollers. These systems may be integrated into small portable and large stationary devices: digital watches, MP3 players, traffic lights, factory controllers, avionics, etc.
The embedded systems design has such important features as:
- A central component which performs computation
- Specific and limited functionality
- It is implemented as a component of the large and complex system.
The embedded software design building is a long and complicated process. It includes such stages as:
- Code writing: the programmers should know several assembly languages.
- Peripherals configuring: this includes actions like making an analog for a digital converter or hardware modules.
- Code testing: all the functionality should be tested under difficult conditions.
- Code refining: the needed corrections and adjustments are brought into the code.
- Debugging: even the subtle errors in the code should be corrected.
- Code verifying: the programmers make sure the code successfully performs the tasks.
The embedded design services are growing popular together with the Internet of Things. The IoT itself means that the ordinary things for daily use are equipped with sensors, processors, and actuators, requiring the proper hardware and software. With the IoT growth, embedded systems market also grew, as the “smart” devices have developed speedy and now you can find them in almost any house. The demand for the things with the embedded connectivity keeps growing at a phenomenal rate, so we expect that in the closest years the demand for embedded systems programmer in this field will grow as well.
IoT and Embedded Technology
There are many factors that have positively contributed to the popularity of embedded technology. One of them is the Internet of Things. Looking around, the world is inundated by interconnected devices. In broader terms, IoT refers to non-digitized objects with distinct identifiers communicating with each other without human or computer intervention. As this ecosystem continues to evolve, it has dragged along the embedded systems development. Today most of our everyday objects and machines come fitted with embedded microcomputers controlling their applications and operations. In the next few years, almost every industrial product will have microcontrollers embedded in them. This has seen an increase in the demand for embedded systems and technology in the global market and the popularity of IoT makes the deal even sweeter.
Another factor pioneering the growth of the embedded system and embedded programmer for hire is AI and machine learning. In the early 1990s, the debut of internet saw humans develop an obsession with how the internet worked. Twenty years later, machines are now trying to master the Internet. Distributed intelligence will soon take over and factories will no longer need centralized management. Instead, machines and raw materials will communicate to augment all the manufacturing processes. With so much unfinished business, embedded development will continue to play a formidable role in IoT projects.
The Benefits of Choosing the Embedded Design Services
The embedded systems can cover a wide range of tasks and work within different approaches and environments. For example, it can be integrated into the taxi rooftop display control, the crane communication system, or the police car ANPR and DVR. Such systems have to be able to work in much more demanding conditions than the usual office equipment and cope with different temperature regimes, difficult power supply, shock, and vibration situations. The embedded systems are also better for long use, as they offer such benefits as:
- Specification according to the task
- Coping with different demanding conditions in various environments
- Less possibility to have the encore errors
- No need for cooling thanks to the less power use in comparison to the desktop systems
- The reduction of the overall costs thanks to the simplified hardware.
- The possibility to implement a fanless design.
The embedded systems design is more stable than the ordinary ones, they are harder to pin down. Today they can be found in any piece of electronics: nearly anything made in the last decade that requires electricity and is not a general-purpose item is an embedded system.
How to Implement an Embedded System Design
The embedded systems design services consist of two main parts: hardware and software design. Both parts of the system should be designed similarly. The program controlling the whole system can be written in any language. The embedded systems have such categories as:
- Mobile devices
- Stand-alone systems
- Real-time systems
- Networked appliances
They also have four basic elements:
- DSP – a digital signal processor
- A microcontroller
- A processor
- A microprocessor
There are also the associated peripherals: converters of the protocols, communication interfaces, and drivers, which assure the correct work of the system and its interaction with the user.
To implement the embedded software design, you should go through the complex system development cycle. It includes such stages as:
- Determining the requirements for the embedded element of the system: size, weight, cost, etc.
- Design of the system architecture: real-time or not, power consumption, size, etc.
- Operating system selection: RTLinux, VxWorks, VRTX for the real-time or Windows CE, embedded Windows XP for the nonreal systems.
- Choosing the processor and the peripherals: Microprocessors-8085,8086, Microcontrollers-PIC, MSP430, etc.
- Choosing a platform for the development: the hardware platform, the coding language, the development tools.
- Writing the code and its optimization: the use of the assembly language, C language, any object-oriented languages.
- The software verifying on the host system: compilation and simulator use are applied to verify the system.
- The software verifying on the target system: downloading the program through a programmer device, use of the emulators, and debugging tools.
Responsibilities of an Embedded Developer
As earlier indicated, embedded developers typically deal with designing hardware and software which requires acquaintance with embedded architectures. They generally come from Computer science and Electrical Engineering background.
Skills required include
- In-depth understanding of C or C++ – as it is the embedded systems bedrock especially the hardware-related one. Additionally, an embedded coder needs to be familiar with the processor and what it does behind the scenes.
- Operating systems knowledge – Every embedded developer remote needs to have experience in embedded Linux programming and embedded operating system.
- Assembly language competency – An embedded developer, needs to be familiar with at least a single assembly language e.g ARM, x86, etc.
Why It’s Important to Have Embedded Developers in Your IT Team
This may sound like a broken record but, having embedded developers in your IT team is a must. At this point, we take it that you know they are the guys behind making consumer products smarter. Most IT companies don’t know that until they face this challenge. Here is why they are important. Developing software and the hardware concurrently is extremely challenging as any company would be happy to see the two completed simultaneously. However, such a situation presents the typical “chicken and egg” problem since it involves developing software for non-existent hardware. This causes massive delays when it comes to scaling the embedded products. Although making products communicate with each other may seem like a pretty straightforward thing, embedded developers ensure they seamlessly do so. This is despite working with multiple platforms and facing security and compatibility issues.
What Constitutes an Embedded Developer Team?
An embedded developer team should consist of all the individuals with the skills and experience required to independently turn an idea into a tangible product. If you want to hire embedded engineers, here are some of the posts you may want to consider.
- Micro-controller Firmware Engineer. This is the individual who works closely with micro-controllers and tasked with writing firmware.
- Embedded Linux Engineer. The presence of powerful SOC’s and the dominance of ARM make an operating system an important aspect of the embedded systems. For this, you will be required to have an Embedded Linux engineer to help you develop support packages for your products.
- Embedded Networking Engineer. They help troubleshoot and deal with switches, bridges, access points, routers, routers, network backend infra plus any other related issues.
- Embedded Applications Engineer. While embedded systems are mostly centered around software and hardware, this is changing as applications are making inroads in the ecosystem. With the cheap RAM and powerful microprocessors, the embedded apps are making rapid gains which makes sense to have an embedded application developer as part of your team.
Emerging Trends in Embedded System
The embedded system ecosystem was conceived with the emergence of microcontrollers. With time, it has mutated into various forms, from simple devices like portable players to more complex systems like medical devices. Here are the trends that are set to stir the embedded development landscape.
Deep Neural Networks and machine learning have been pinpointed as some of the areas that embedded development will have a huge impact. The changes being made on the hardware front will definitely see a lot of positive changes thanks to the high-end chips.
ADAS, Radar, and LiDAR
Despite a few speed-breakers like expensive radar and limited LIDAR, there have been major advancements in the self-driving cars over the past few years. Visual technology is set to get even better thanks to the ML systems and Cameras in terms of improving how ADA works. And you guessed it right, embedded systems are the culprits behind all this.
When Amazon’s Echo speakers made a debut in the market, pessimists downplayed them predicting that they would never see the light of the day. On the contrary, they have emerged as the “in thing” to the extent of dominating last year’s CES. The organizers of the 2018 event have hinted that Voice support products will be a major niche to look at.
Embedded Digital Surveillance and Security
The world is increasingly becoming interconnected making digital embedded security necessity for critical transactions transacted on the front ends of embedded devices. However, due to limited resources, embedded systems owners have always found it difficult to install full-fledged security systems. This has made the “embedded security” concept a differentiator in marketing campaigns for most products.
The hype around virtual reality and augmented reality has promised tremendous growth. The market is predicted to grow with at least 18% until 2021. Embedded security will be a major contributor to this growth as the hardware need to be diversified and enhanced for better functionalities.
Embedded Developers Resume Examples
Junior Developer Resume Sample
Middle Embedded Developer Resume
Senior Embedded Developer Resume
How to Hire Embedded Developers
The first step for any organization looking for growth is to attract the best talent and hire embedded engineer. This is because a single employee could dramatically move the team forward, slow it down, or even completely cripple its activities. There are many ways to hire an embedded c developer including having an in-house team or a remote dedicated team to outsource embedded development. However, having an experienced in-house team that is trained to handle all your projects is frankly unrealistic. You may be lucky to awfully rub shoulders with this utopia by training your in-house team for every project you come across-which is practically impossible. On the other hand, you can assemble a team of outsourced dedicated developers using the help of an embedded software development company. They may lack the first-hand experience of your company’s inner operations, but you can always count on them to bring a wide range of expertise to help address your immediate and long-term needs.
Get the Embedded Design Services in Mobilunity!
Today, IoT is one of the hottest topics in the IT industry. The number of interconnected devices has exceeded the human population and still counting. With the progress happening in embedded systems development, things are set to get even better. With that said, you don’t have to sweat it off working on your embedded system projects, you can hire IoT designers or outstaff developers from Mobilunity and hire embedded software engineer now and here.
In Mobilunity, we offer embedded software design services as well as embedded software development services of outstanding quality to the business and startup owners from all over the world. The clients choose us because with Mobilunity they get such benefits as:
- A reasonable price: in Ukraine, you can hire an embedded engineering company cheaper, than in other European countries.
- Quality without compromise: for your project, we will find an embedded systems designer with the required skills and experience.
- Effective management: for your project, we will find an expert team leader, who will coordinate the work of the team.
- A comfortable location: you can easily reach our office in the center of Kyiv if you want to meet your embedded designer face-to-face.
Our team of developers has worked on multiple Minimum Viable Products to big multi-year ones, effortlessly switching between the roles of software architects, consultants, and even product ambassadors.
Don’t bother yourself with spending time searching for embedded developers. Contact Mobilunity!
All salaries and prices mentioned within the article are approximate NET numbers based on the research done by our in-house Recruitment Team. Please use these numbers as a guide for comparison purposes only and feel free to use the contact form to inquire on the specific cost of the talent according to your vacancy requirements and chosen model of engagement.