Hire a Kubernetes DevOps: Azure & AWS
Thanks to Kubernetes, companies can simplify many of the manual processes associated with scaling and packaging applications in containers. Nowadays, Kubernetes is widely used by DevOps, and more companies are in search of a certified Kubernetes application developer.
In this article, we discuss the specifics of Kubernetes (Kube, K8), its applicability, benefits, and how to hire a highly qualified Kubernetes developer.
Understanding Kubernetes and Why Businesses Need It
While a container is a mini-virtual machine for simplified hosting and managing the life cycle of apps, Kubernetes is a container management tool developed by Google engineers, as mentioned in the official Kubernetes blog. Google was one of the first corporations to announce transferring its work into containers publicly.
In short, Kube helps to simplify container tasks, ease rolling out and reverting, and ensure horizontal auto-scaling. This helps to streamline the development, testing, and deployment of pipelines in DevOps, so K8 is a popular solution among DevOps experts. Businesses that want to improve CI/CD and reduce development costs and security risks usually hire a DevOps Kubernetes consultant.
We provide companies with tech talents of any level. We find development experts to build world-class software for projects of any complexity. Let’s talk about how we can help you!
What Can DevOps Bring to Software Development?
In the modern world, the speed of all work processes becomes a top priority for system or product development. At the same time, no matter its complexity, difficulty, and volume, any program or system must work quickly and continuously, and all teams must quickly find and solve errors and carry out updates in real-time. It is to solve this problem that DevOps exists.
DevOps is a complex methodology for developing and optimizing software development, which is becoming an integral part of operational processes in large projects and corporations. DevOps brings together development and operations, aiming to maximize interaction and integration of programming, testing, and product or service administration.
For optimized and efficient work, a DevOps specialist requires a toolset for various performances and operations. Some of the most useful DevOps tools include:
- Gradle (a universal tool for Android developers for improved and fast delivery);
- Git (helps developers build and test different versions of code and revert to previous versions if needed);
- Nagios (a free, open-source tool to keep track of IT infrastructure and avoid errors and system failures by automated scheduling of events and forecasting failures and outages);
- Raygun (helps to keep track of crash reports, monitor code errors and API calls, and get automated fix suggestions);
- Jenkins (a CI/CD server that helps automate different stages of the software process, offering a large selection of plugins, compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS);
- Docker (one of the main DevOps tools for developing and deploying applications and working with containers and clouds. With Docker Kubernetes DevOps can redistribute files to containers instead of virtual machines and build secure apps);
- Kubernetes (the second important tool for DevOps, a container management platform used to automate the management of large groups of containers. When the project becomes complex and diverse and needed to control micro-actions, Kubernetes helps manage the development processes. DevOps Kubernetes works in combination with other open-source platforms to maximize efficiency and exploit the full potential of Kube, including Dockers, Open vSwitch, Hipster, LDAP. SELinux, and others.)
Benefits of Opting for Kubernetes DevOps
The benefits of using DevOps K8 include:
- Scheduling and running containers on clusters of physical and virtual machines, which allows improving application performance and organizing a stable and reliable container-based infrastructure;
- Simplifying testing and deployment of the environment, as well as making production more consistent by unifying processes between admins, testers, and development teams;
- Scaling processes up or down, based on the size and complexity of the project;
- Ensuring smooth, uninterrupted updates to applications and systems already in use;
- The updates can be performed by restarting one container with no interruption in other parts of the app, thanks to multiple containers;
- Allowing storage of containers on different hosts for improved security;
- Ability to swiftly switch between platforms, so any app can be deployed with its containers;
- Protecting the system from the power outage, traffic upsurge, and other issues, thanks autostart and auto replication for self-healing paths;
- Simplifying tasks related to cloud systems, making updates, moving or scaling the containers, and pipeline deployment.
Who Is Azure Kubernetes DevOps Expert and When They Are Needed?
As per the Microsoft description, Azure DevOps is a cloud solution by the Microsoft company that allows building software faster and better, collaborating on code creation, and organizing work effectively. All Azure DevOps services are open and extensible, making them perfect for any type of application, regardless of environment and platform. They can be used together as a comprehensive DevOps solution or separately with other services.
A Kubernetes Azure DevOps specialist is a cloud infrastructure engineer that helps to automate delivery and integration services, controls Kube deployment, and works with Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS). An Azure DevOps Kubernetes engineer expert is responsible for implementing scalable and cost-effective cloud solutions.
The responsibilities of a Kubernetes Azure DevOps developer cover:
- Building and carrying out optimized, secure, and resilient cloud solutions;
- Writing software, code, and infrastructure (IaC) with available tools and services;
- Writing software for automation of deployment and enhancing Agile posture;
- Providing system support, test, and monitor product environment for issues and bugs;
- Creating and deploying CI and CD systems in the clouds; building CI/CD pipeline and AWS (for QA).
Senior Azure DevOps Kubernetes Engineer Resume Example:
Specifics of AWS Kubernetes Experts and Why Businesses May Need One
An AWS developer with Kubernetes knowledge works with Amazon Web Services, another cloud provider that allows creating an unlimited number of application clusters. What’s more, an AWS developer with Kubernetes can create scripts for maintenance and deployment with Docker, Jenkins, etc. According to Amazon, an AWS Kubernetes developer experience allows creating powerful integrations to AWS services like VPC, IAM, with the security, scalability, and high availability of Amazon Web Services.
Such specialists often work in a team with Java specialists and provide APIs to deliver data needed for the user interface. A Kubernetes DevOps AWS engineer is a professional with a narrow specialization, mostly working with containers and immutable infrastructure.
The common roles, responsibilities, and AWS Kubernetes DevOps challenges include:
- Installing, developing, and configuring AWS Kubernetes, its clustering, and integration;
- Creating scripts via Dockers and Jenkins for deployment and maintenance of various tasks related to containers;
- Ensuring continuous integration and delivery between containers and hosts.
Senior AWS Kubernetes DevOps Resume Example:
Comparing Monthly AWS and Azure Kubernetes Engineer Salary Rates
Firstly, let’s compare Azure and AWS Kubernetes developer salary rates, considering different skills and experience:
|Azure Kubernetes DevOps||$7,958||$11,522||$16,667|
|AWS Kubernetes DevOps||$3,292||$11,008||$16,125|
Average Kubernetes Engineer Salary Rates per Month in Different Countries
Now, let’s now take a look at the average monthly software engineer Kubernetes salary rates in various countries, according to PayScale and our Recruiting Team research over several local job portals:
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could not be entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
As you can see, the certified Kubernetes developer cost rates largely depend on the country of residence. That’s why more and more businesses tend to look for a reliable and highly qualified DevOps Kubernetes contractor working remotely, choosing Ukraine as an outsourcing and outstaffing destination.
Mobilunity as Your Reliable AWS and Azure DevOps Kubernetes Provider
Mobilunity is a reputable Ukrainian outstaffing company with 10+ years of expertise in providing dedicated IT resources for small to large organizations worldwide. Mobilunity knows how to create tailored software development solutions and find the best candidates to benefit your development and operational processes.
Should you need a certified Kubernetes application developer Amazon or have difficulties considering Docker/Kubernetes DevOps vs full stack, you can rely on Mobilunity expertise in sourcing the right IT expert to meet the needs of your business and benefit your company’s performance. Check out what clients say about Mobilunity solutions, and learn more about our recruiting process step-by-step.
Ready to hire a certified Kubernetes developer with many years of experience in your field? Contact our Mobilunity representatives today, let’s find a perfect IT expert for your business.