Hire MEVN Stack Developer: Salaries and Roles
What Is MEVN Stack Development?
A tech stack or tech infrastructure is the bundle of technologies used for software development. These include programming languages, runtime environments, databases, frameworks, libraries, and other tools used for creating software. And nowadays, companies often mention entire tech stacks on job announcements instead of searching separately for an AngularJS Node.js MongoDB or Vue.js developer.
- MongoDB – a database
- Express.js – a back-end framework
- Vue.js – a front-end framework
- Node.js – a development environment
So, with Node.js, engineers can write the web app code on their computers, store all the application data in the MongoDB database, manage routes and servers with Express.js, and create the web interface with Vue.js frameworks. This way, with the MEVN stack, you can develop front-end and back-end software components and build responsive, fast-loading, well-structured, and secure web applications.
How to Hire MEVN Stack Developers
If you plan to use the MEVN stack development, you won’t need to hire Node.js developer and the other three programmers separately. That’s because many engineers successfully combine all the required skills. So, you’ll have to take several steps to find your best web developer.
The first and most critical action is to create the job description for your ideal candidate. You’ll need to describe the skills and list the requirements for this role. For example, state back-end programming language(s) you expect the engineer to know, identify Node as the development environment, mention Vue and Express frameworks, and add work experience with the NoSQL database MongoDB. You can also specify the payroll for your MEVN stack developer position as it’ll attract relevant candidates.
MEVN vs. MERN Stack Development
MEVN isn’t the only advanced tech stack used by experienced developers. You’ll also see that the MERN technologies are also popular. But what does that one different letter mean? Here, R stands for React.js, a front-end library that helps create responsive web app interfaces like Instagram and Facebook. And React is the MERN stack’s main component.
React copies every web page into a tree-structured file called a real Document Object Model (DOM). Once a user clicks on some element, React makes another snapshot called a virtual DOM. Then it updates the real DOM, and each refresh takes time and money. Vue tracks only the dynamic elements on a web page, checking the dependencies between the DOM tree objects. So, it rebuilds the new virtual DOM adding all changes, and only then updates the real DOM.
The MERN stack is best for creating single-page apps and those web apps that support millions of users. So, social media, startups, and IT consulting companies prefer this tech stack. The MEVN technologies allow for better versatility and speed. MEAN is another stack using the Angular front-end framework, and traditional organizations like banks and hospitals often use it.
Problems of Hiring a MEVN Stack Developer
When you hire a high-quality MongoDB developer, Express.js programmer, or MEVN stack engineer, you can face several challenges. For instance, high costs, a slow recruiting process, and high competition among employers. That’s because your search channels can be limited, you may not have access to talent pools, your company isn’t yet known in the IT community, and other factors.
The number of these challenges depends on the cooperation model you choose. And below are the three main ones:
- Employing in-house programmers. Your HR team will help craft a comprehensive job description and launch the recruiting process. But their search will be limited by the region and probably the MEVN stack or agreed Vue JS developer salary. And due to the high demand for such specialists, your in-house recruiters will have to engage third-party agents to find relevant candidates. Moreover, you’ll have to buy equipment and software, and also arrange the working space for your new member. So, this option requires significant investments.
- Hiring freelancers. If you’re ready to collaborate with distributed teams or currently have a tight budget, working with freelancers can help. This option will give you access to a greater number of MEVN programmers, so you’ll have more applicants to consider. Also, you’ll save on your MEVN or Node.js developer salary since professionals outside the USA and Western Europe charge less for their work. However, such cooperation has risks of missing deadlines, having the project incomplete, or compromising sensitive data.
- Outstaffing software developers. This model falls between the previous two; however, offering only advantages. Outsourcing company with years of presence on the market boasts top-notch recruiters, advanced software, a vast partner network, and streamlined processes. So, its agents will help you hire MongoDB developer working with the MEVN stack quickly. Moreover, the outsourcing format will help you save on payrolls and related expenses and office premises. And in addition, you’ll delegate all administrative issues and stay focused on business tasks.
5 Main Interview Questions to Ask a MEVN Developer
Getting the applicant for an interview is challenging, but running that interview is the next difficulty unless you have a set of questions. You don’t need to ask an interviewee, “How to build an application on the MEVN stack?” And questioning a senior Expres.js developer about the purpose of this framework is also not a good idea. Try to look further and learn more about your future teammate’s personality. For instance, you can ask the following questions:
- Which technologies do you use in every project?
Applying tech skills is vital for an Express.js developer or a MEVN programmer. And learning which technologies this person regularly uses will prove the statements in the resume. However, if your potential employee isn’t interested in how devices work, the internet speed at home, or which apps can help sleep better. In that case, this person is probably far from everyday tech frustrations. This means your candidate will hardly tend to understand the end user of your product.
- How did you cope with the most challenging task in your career?
An intelligent candidate will definitely spend some time remembering tough tasks because most interviewers ask similar questions. But here, a recruiter will need to check if the applicant tried to see the big picture when trying to solve the problem. Did this person ask for advice from senior colleagues or experienced community members? Did the applicant have sleepless nights or prefer to shift the responsibility? Every detail will matter in figuring out the personality of your potential worker.
- Do you code in your free time?
When your future engineer is passionate about technology, it’s always a win. That’s because such a specialist will try to find the best solutions and generate high-quality code. So, if the interviewee tells you about one or two hobby projects, this will prove the tech enthusiasm. Moreover, this will help identify additional skills that may improve the team’s performance or bring other benefits to the company.
- What characteristics does an effective project leader have?
Answers to this question will help you understand two things. Firstly, it’ll reveal the traits your potential Node consultant or Vue JS developer appreciates in a team leader. And secondly, you’ll learn if the applicant possesses such team lead’s features as positive thinking, ability to delegate tasks, readiness to take on responsibility, communication skills, etc. Even if you aren’t closing the manager position now, always try to identify leaders.
- Who are our main customers and competitors?
This question will show how serious the applicant’s seriousness about your vacancy and company. The typical question “What do you know about our company?” may sound too trivial. And the candidate will only need to mention your company’s age and name a couple of services. But understanding who the potential employer sells to and checking several main competitors can help the developer know the target audience better. Moreover, knowing these answers will reveal an investigative person.
Still, you can’t avoid asking “universal” questions during the interview because they help find out the basic things about your future team member. And below are some of the examples:
- Why did you apply for this role?
- Which experience relevant to this role do you have?
- Which workspace and schedule will be ideal for you?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What is your salary expectation?
A Senior MEVN Stack Developer Resume
Now, let’s look at the sample resume of a MEVN stack programmer. Below is the generalized example of this role’s description, so your perfect MEVN developer can have a more detailed CV.
- Specializing in one or several back-end languages like Python, PHP, or.NET, specializing in outsourced Ruby on rails development
- Understanding of architectural programming and design
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and vast experience in building web applications using the MEVN stack
- Work experience using the Waterfall and Agile Scrum Methodology, involvement in daily scrum and sprint review meetings
- Extensive experience in creating web services using Node.js and Express.js
- Expertise in using Express and Vue frameworks
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with testing with Karma, Jasmine, or Mocha
- Developed dynamic single-page apps and built MEAN stack applications from scratch
- Developed POCs to create the interface between the back-end and front-end
- Implemented MVVM architecture
- Developed REST services using Express.js, Node.js, Underscore.js, and Mongoose
- Helped create reusable components using React.js
At this point, you probably want to know the average annual salary of your MERN developer, so below, we provide the payrolls of Express.js, Node.js, Vue.js engineers, and a MongoDB developer salary in several countries.
|Country/ Technology||The UK||Switzerland||Germany||The USA||Ukraine|
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
Your Provider for Hiring MEVN Stack Developers
If you decide to outsource your MEVN stack developers, it’s critical to choose a reliable provider that boasts happy customers. And Mobilunity is one of the top-rated outsourcing partners as our company has assembled hundreds of dedicated teams for 11+ years on the Ukrainian market. So, if you need to hire Vue JS developer for your project, Mobilunity can help.
We’ll find the right specialist within weeks because our specialists create many talent pools, use advanced searching tools and methodologies, and boast a vast network of partners. Moreover, a Ukrainian Vue, Express, MongoDB, or Node.js developer salary will be significantly lower than the payrolls of Western Europe and US programmers. Also, Mobilunity will take on all the administrative and HR tasks.
Choosing the MEVN Stack Development Company
If you want to get top-notch programming services, save on your MEVN stack or Vue.js developer salary and payroll taxes, cut your costs on rentals and equipment, and find your best developer in several weeks; contact Mobilunity. This Ukrainian IT company has already helped many clients around the globe to hire MEVN stack programmers.
Ukrainian specialists boast an excellent education background, extensive expertise, and exceptional hard and soft skills. These professionals are ready to approach routine tasks creatively, take responsibility, fulfill your top-level needs, and meet deadlines. So, your business will only benefit from cooperation with Mobilunity, which will help you allocate budgets more effectively.
Hiring a qualified MEVN stack developer from Ukraine can be quick and cost-effective if you cooperate with a reliable outsourcing provider. And with Mobilunity, you’ll be able to take your programmer on board after only several weeks and cut your recruiting costs. Moreover, you can keep focusing on current projects while Mobilunity handles all staff-related issues.