Software Development Company in Romania
It is hard to imagine business these days, that would not require some sort of a software solution. Almost every industry is using already existing or custom software development solutions – be it medicine, military, IT or any other field. However, with each day tasks become more demanding and high in price. That is why most companies started looking for ways to reduce the cost without losing the level of quality. The solution was found pretty quickly – outsourcing or outstaffing.
Over the last couple of years, Eastern Europe became the №1 place for all types of outsourcing jobs. One of the most popular countries, in this case, is Ukraine and Romania. So if you are looking for outsourcing software development Romania – this article will most definitely help you decide the right option for you.
Nearshore software development Romania became very popular in recent years due to the country’s comfortable location in Eastern Europe. It makes easy to come to this country and organize your outsourcing software development process. Also, employers should know about the low costs of Romania software development, what makes this country really attractive as nearshoring destination. Let’s take a look closer.
Software Development Romania: An IT Sector Overview
This country has always been a great place to work as an IT specialist. With over 7,400 IT companies in Romania, it’s natural for many students to choose this field as their major. Accommodating about 117,000 IT experts in 2011, the number of such professionals in Romania has grown to an astonishing 194,000 in 2020 and continues to soar. What was once a sector primarily focused on general programming skills has expanded to diverse IT fields, making the country a hotbed of qualified programmers. PHP, .NET, Python, Lua, and Java are the most popular programming languages here, which also contributes to Romania’s status as the best outsourcing destination.
IT outsourcing in Romania is an optimistic endeavor. The country’s tech export value is over $8 billion, almost twice as much as ten years ago. Such strong positions in the outsourcing market can be explained by the high standards of Romanians when it comes to doing business. Their traditions and attitude towards work, combined with high education and low prices, make the Romanian software development business truly thriving.
IT Market in Different Cities Across Romania
If you are about to outsource software development to Romania or just want to explore this country’s IT sector further, learn more about the major IT hubs here first. Several cities largely influence the Romanian tech scene. Let’s look at them one by one and the software developers’ salaries there:
The capital city of Romania stands as a prominent tech hub with a burgeoning software developer community. The Romanian Business Journal indicates that this city concentrates two-thirds of the country’s IT market volume. If you aim to outsource software development to Bucharest, note that the IT experts’ salaries range from $40,000 to $45,000 yearly.
Cluj-Napoca, often referred to as the Silicon Valley of Romania, is renowned for its innovation and flourishing IT sector. It houses about 1,300 software development companies Romania and over 15,000 IT experts, as Romania Journal reveals. Owing to the city’s thriving tech ecosystem, software engineers here earn from $33,000 to $37,000 annually.
Iași, the cultural capital of Romania, proves to extend beyond just that. This city has also emerged as a bustling IT and outsourcing hub, with 25% of workers engaged in the IT services sector. The median salary of software engineers in Iași ranges from $27,000 to $32,000 per year.
Known as a coastal city on the Black Sea, Constanța is making its mark on the Romanian IT map. Beyond excelling in tourist, commercial, and industrial sectors, this city offers favorable software developer jobs and salaries. The IT experts here make $41,000 yearly on average.
It’s another vital tech hub in Romania. Notably, only Bucharest and Timișoara made it to the list published by the World Economic Forum, which highlights the cities’ recognition for their innovation. The software engineer salary in Timișoara ranges from $22,000 to $28,000 yearly.
Romanian Developers: What Skills Should They Have?
First of all, you need to know, that Romania is one of the biggest IT talent pools in the whole Eastern Europe – it accounts for nearly 93,000 employees in the field. This means that you will have plenty of specialists to hire Romanian developers. But before you rush to look for that web developer Romania that you need, you have to learn about all the necessary skills he or she must possess. So IT outsourcing Romania specialists must:
- Have a profile education. Software development is not something that you can master after taking monthly courses, it requires profound knowledge and extensive training. Luckily, IT companies in Romania mostly have programmers with high education what makes one more benefit for custom software development Romania.
- Experience with back and front end development. Any software developer at some point has to work with either of them and sometimes even switch between them.
- Know how to run and debug his own code if necessary.
- Be a team player. It is a common myth that software developers are some sort of ‘grumpy loners’ who work alone. In reality, they often need to communicate with one another and the rest of the team members to deliver the best possible result. So, “team-building” in a regular company is not an exception for custom software development company Romania.
- Have respect for deadlines. Meeting deadlines is a crucial thing in the world of programming as the work of one person often relies on the work of another. So if you want your project to be done in time – make sure your future employee has this trait.
- Have an impressive portfolio. There is no better way to find out whether or not a software developer is a good match for your team than to look at the examples of his previous work.
- Be able to take responsibility for his actions and make his own decisions.
- Be attentive to every little detail as even the slightest mistake in the code can ruin the whole project.
So these are the most important things to look for in your future software developer’s resume. Of course, there is more to the list, however, these are the core ones that will ensure that your specialists will be worth his price.
Romania Software Engineer Salary vs. Ukraine: How Much Do They Cost?
The cost of living in Romania is not high compared with other European countries. This influences developers’ salaries as well. The web developer salary Romania provides is favorable for employers, as well as Java, C++, Python, PHP, and others. But is Romania developer salary size the lowest in Eastern Europe? Let’s compare it to Ukrainian ones.
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
For you to get a clearer understanding of how software developers’ rates are being distributed depending on the country, we prepared a chart with their average yearly income. All the numbers from it were taken from Salary Explorer and Talent.com.
|$27,000 per year
|$20,000 per year
|$92,000 per year
|$50,000 per year
|$108,000 per year
|$30,000 per year
|$24,000 per year
|$127,000 per year
|$67,000 per year
|$120,000 per year
|$30,000 per year
|$22,000 per year
|$125,000 per year
|$70,000 per year
|$126,000 per year
|$30,000 per year
|$21,000 per year
|$130,000 per year
|$73,000 per year
|$107,000 per year
|$24,000 per year
|$19,000 per year
|$100,000 per year
|$51,000 per year
|$106,000 per year
|$24,000 per year
|$25,000 per year
|$111,000 per year
|$57,000 per year
|$114,000 per year
As you see, Romania’s software engineer salary numbers are among the lowest in the chart. Are there any alternatives to nearshoring Romania? One more country provides specialists for these services at even lower rates — Ukraine. So, if you want a perfect combination of dedicated software developers and low rates, this country might be the ideal choice for you and your project’s needs.
Outsourcing Software Development to Romania and Ukraine with Mobilunity
As you already know, numerous companies in Ukraine provide IT services, and Mobilunity is one of them. Apart from that, our dedicated experts can help you hire top-notch developers in Romania, ensuring a smooth recruitment process all around. When engaging a software development company in Romania or a Ukrainian team with Mobilunity, you get the following benefits:
- Lots of candidates to choose from
- Necessary certification for their candidates
- Quick hiring process
- Transparent and considerable prices
- Convenient office location with a perfect time zone for European clients
Having considered all that, you can be sure that Mobilunity will meet your staffing and project needs. Whenever you require software developers, whether from Ukraine or Romania, contact Mobilunity’s representatives to get the best consultation possible. We guarantee that if you decide to hire our specialists — the job will be done flawlessly and in no time!
The Benefits of Outsourcing the Hiring Process to Professionals
When you outsource software development Romania, delegating the recruitment process to professionals is always a good idea. Here are just several reasons why:
- Recruitment expertise. By engaging expert recruitment agencies or individual HR specialists to find offshore software development Romania, you tap into their vast talent acquisition expertise.
- Legal compliance. Recruitment agencies are well-versed in employment laws and regulations, so you avoid legal risks during the hiring process of a software development company Bucharest or in any other Romanian city.
- Wider talent pool. Outsourcing web development Romania with professional recruitment agencies’ help allows you to reach a broader talent pool. It’s possible owing to the extensive networks of candidates such HR companies usually have.
- Time and cost savings. Delegating the hiring process to professionals saves your company’s resources. HR agencies handle all the recruitment tasks themselves, like attracting the custom software development company Bucharest, while you only confirm their job.
Top candidate quality. Professional recruiters typically have robust candidate screening and selection processes, so you can be sure to get the best Romanian company in your niche.
Mobilunity’s Main Service Models
Make your life easier and not look for bespoke software development Romania yourself. Entrust this task to the professionals at Mobilunity. At our company, we offer several service models that can cater to your varying needs:
It’s our core service, which revolves around providing a software development dedicated team Romania or Ukraine. Under this model, clients have direct control over a full-time resource while we handle all HR, accounting, and helpdesk matters.
This service model implies managing part-time resources while we cover all HR, accounting, and helpdesk processes. It also allows our clients to tap into our expertise as consultants on custom software development in Romania and Ukraine.
Our recruiting-as-a-service model allows businesses to leverage our extensive network and expertise in hiring top-tier talent. We can hire the best candidates locally in Romania or across Eastern Europe. Mobilunity has already successfully engaged developers from Croatia, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Albania, Peru, and Tajikistan. Thus, we can effortlessly initiate software development Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iași, and other Romanian tech hubs.
Outsource software development Romania or hire IT specialists from Ukraine with Mobilunity as your trusted partner!
All salaries and prices mentioned within the article are approximate NET numbers based on the research done by our in-house Recruitment Team. Please use these numbers as a guide for comparison purposes only and feel free to use the contact form to inquire on the specific cost of the talent according to your vacancy requirements and chosen model of engagement.