IT Outsourcing in Poland: Demand and Supply
Every day businesses are facing new obstacles due to the increased life’s tempo. Modern realities require companies to come up with new solutions that would allow them to stay competitive and at the same time profitable. Let’s be honest, this is not the easiest combination to pull off. However, the last decade brought business owners quite a few options that they were craving so much for. One of those options is called outsourcing.
In Europe especially popular became IT outsourcing Poland. Poland outsourcing is advantageous due to a number of pros over the countries of Western Europe, which will be discussed in this article.
Outsourcing and Its Role in the IT Community
These days it is hard to find a person within the IT industry, who would not have heard of outsourcing. This way of doing business became a huge hit during the last couple of years. To cut it short, outsourcing in business means hiring an outer contractor (be it a smaller company of a single freelancer), who, you delegate a part of your company’s tasks. It is never core tasks or something that would require your constant attention. In most cases, companies outsource routine jobs like software development or code writing.
Why do companies outsource? If you think about it, outsourcing brings many benefits to your business:
- Cost reduction
- More options for hiring
- Faster execution process
IT Outsourcing in Poland: An Overview
Years ago, Poland was one of the last countries you would think of when speaking of IT outsourcing. However, now the situation has changed. Today, according to one of the latest research papers, Poland holds the 3rd place among all countries in the list of the best developers. Combine that with low rates of Poland developers and you will receive the best possible country for outsourcing. This is something leaders of major companies thought of before making IT outsourcing in Poland so popular lately. However, there are other reasons for you to turn to some outsourcing company Poland has to offer:
- Stable economy. For the last couple of years ‘software outsourcing Poland’ became a ‘real thing’, which greatly affected the country’s economic state as the international investments started sinking in.
- Big talent pool. There are thousands of IT graduates ready to become a part of your strategy of IT outsourcing in Poland. Not only you will receive qualified specialists, but they will also have a profile education, which is always a double win.
- Data protection. Poland is a European Union country and software development Poland has to offer is strictly protected by its laws. Therefore, you can be sure about your data safety while passing your software outsourcing to Poland.
- Dynamic growth of the IT industry. As discussed previously, Poland is among the most promising countries in the IT industry so it will be easier to find developer Poland can offer these days.
- Cultural similarity. The level of software development Poland has is not the only good thing about it as this country’s culture is very much similar to those countries that tend to outsource their jobs to it.
- English proficiency. Programming is a field where most of the communication is done through using of profile terms. Mobile app development Poland programmers are dealing with or be it any other IT job – English proficiency is a must.
- Low costs. Software companies in Poland, as well as sole contractors, usually charge less, comparing to other European countries, it makes outsourcing development to Poland more beneficial. With Poland programmer salary, you will be able to significantly reduce your expenses.
As you see, software and iOS development Poland has to offer these days have many advantages which makes it appealing for companies of all sorts to outsource there.
Choosing IT Company Poland
When choosing an IT company Poland it is important to understand what the IT market there has to offer. And it concerns not only the number of employees and their credibility. It also includes analyzing what technologies IT outsourcing services Poland can offer. Depending on what technologies or languages you are interested in, you can select the best professionals to hire.
According to the recent report, the most popular programming languages in the Polish IT market are:
- Backend – 32.34%;
- Fullstack – 19.03%;
- Frontend – 11.09%;
- Mobile – 4.85%
So if you are looking for software nearshoring to Poland in mobile development, you’ll have to look for employees much longer than if you need a full-stack team.
According to the job postings, the most demanded technologies in the Polish IT market are:
Here are three main advantages of software companies there, whether you are looking for React development company Poland or iOS development team:
- Highly-qualified specialists with higher education and good knowledge of English;
- Reasonable prices in terms of rates, taxes, rent, etc;
- Great nearshoring opportunities, including comfortable for EU time zone, agile methods of development, and shared work values.
Mobile App Development Poland and It Benefits
Mobile app development is a rapidly growing industry. The demand for the professionals in this sphere grows exponentially all over the world and app development outsourcing Poland is no exception to this tendency. The professionals here are ready to fulfill global demand for the qualified workforce.
The reason is simple – the majority of internet traffic comes from mobile devices as for today. And the main activity on such devices comes from apps. For example, the worldwide mobile app revenue has grown from $97.7 billion in 2014 up to expected $581.9 billion in 2020. And by the year 2023, it is believed to reach $935.2 billion. That’s why more and more businesses look for mobile developers Poland as it is one of the main outsourcing destinations in Europe. First of all, Poland is a part of the EU, which makes it quite easy to work with for other EU countries, such as Germany or the UK. It is easier in terms of legislation, documentation, and taxes. And Polish employees have the same business ethics and share similar values. At the same time, local prices for rent or transportation are much lower than in, for example, Germany or the Netherlands. Taking it all into consideration, Poland IT outsourcing is actively gaining popularity.
As for today, the app development Poland is not the major demand on the market. As for specialization app developers Poland are only 4.85% of the whole IT industry. Yet, the demand and the offer grow and this number is going to be much higher in several years. It is expected that mobile app development is going to have a greater share of the whole IT market in the following decade.
The main strong point of local companies is in the Android app development Poland. According to the report job postings, it has grown by 106% in one year. At the same time, iOS development Poland has grown 34.79% in the same period.
It might mean that iOS outsourcing company Poland is a bit harder to find, but they are still experienced and qualified to perform flawlessly. If you are looking for a mobile app development company Poland, whether you are interested in iOS, Android, or web apps, all of them offer a great level of expertise and persistent work ethics.
Android or iOS development team Poland is a good investment in terms of quality/price ratio. Professionals here have a necessary level of education, experience in working on international projects, and prefer agile work methodology. Mobile app development Poland is a growing sphere that contributes to the stable national economy.
Many European businesses choose Android or iOS development company Poland for outsourcing and nearshoring because of the many benefits this destination provides. Polish professionals usually have good English skills and offer easy communication to international partners from Europe or the USA. They are also qualified and competitive while their rates are about 25-30% lower than among American employees with the same level of skills.
Software Outsourcing Poland vs Ukraine
These two countries seem to be leading when it comes down to outsourcing practices in Europe, however, which one is the best? For years Ukraine had been one of the best in Eastern Europe for outsource and nothing really changed since then. What distinguishes it from all other countries? First of all, it is the number of specialists that are currently available for hire. If you look for outsourcing company Poland has to offer, you will see, that generally, the number of Polish programmers is higher. According to the latest research, there are more than 270.000 IT specialists in this country and the number is growing day by day. But Ukraine can provide not much less – 200.000. On the other hand, Ukraine has lots of high education institutions that prepare certified IT specialists each year. According to this data, there are 13 technical universities in Ukraine while Poland can only provide 10. Finally, the last but definitely not the least thing to consider – the cost. Ukrainian economic state has been rough lately which resulted in a decrease in wages. This way if you want to hire developer Poland has – know that in Ukraine you could do that cheaper. For you to understand this comparison easier, we prepared a little table:
IT Outsourcing Services: Poland and Ukraine
|EU||Member||Not a member|
|Number of programmers||270.000||200.000|
|Number of tech high education institutions||10||13|
Software Development Poland vs Ukraine: Developers Salary Comparison
Since outsourcing practices were mainly developed for cost reduction, it would be only fair to compare the wages of different types of Polish software developers and Ukrainian. Let’s see if there is a difference between software developer salary Poland and Ukrainian specialists ask for.
* Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
Having discussed all the advantages of Ukrainian outsourcing services and after the rates comparison of software developers Poland and Ukraine, it would be fair to say that as the owner of the company you would definitely consider Ukrainian outsource companies as your main option.
“Hire Developer Poland” or “Hire Developer Ukraine”: Which One Is Your Best Option?
Usually, when people speak of outsourcing in Europe, especially its eastern part, they keep in mind two variants – software development outsourcing Poland and Ukraine. While any software development company, Poland located, would be glad to offer you its services, you cannot neglect those wonderful opportunities, presented by Ukrainian outsourcing community:
- Number of developers. Both these countries have a big pool of tech talents, otherwise, these two would not be the most popular outsourcing destinations. This is mostly due to the large amount of high education institutions that provide both these countries with profile IT specialists. For example, the University of Warsaw in Poland or Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in Ukraine. The last one is considered to be one of the best in Eastern Europe, by the way.
- Level of education. According to the research conducted by DOU.ua, more than half of all Ukrainian programmers have high profile education, while in Poland those numbers are a bit lower.
- Prices. As discussed previously, Poland IT developers for hire are good but Ukraine is without a doubt a winner in this category. However, if you take a look at software developer salary Poland has to offer, you will also see that it is lower than at most of the European countries.
Outsourcing Company Poland or…Ukraine?
After everything that has been said you probably realize, that in terms of Eastern European outsourcing practices you have pretty much two options – to hire developer Poland based or Ukraine based. IT outsourcing companies Poland offer many possibilities but why not choose Ukraine with the same quality level but for lower costs? Outsourcing software development Poland is definitely an option, but we say that Ukraine is your best option in more cases. This country offers a wide variety of companies that you can outsource your tasks to. One of those companies is Mobilunity. Why would you consider working with them? There are several reasons for you to do so:
- Low costs
- Transparent prices
- 24/7 customer support
- Fast hiring process
- Experiences specialists
- Many resume options to choose from
- Convenient location
Mobilunity is one of the best outsourcing companies Ukraine has to offer. It has been on the market long enough to know how to deliver results in the fastest and best way possible. So when you outsource your project to them, you can be sure, that it will look exactly as you intended it to and all your ideas will be brought into life.