5 Reasons to Hire a Web Design Consultant
Is your current website meeting your traffic, conversion and sales objectives?
If not, it may be time for a revamp. Today, it is incredibly important to invest in professional web design solutions to help your website stand out among the over 1.7 billion websites on the internet. For this, it is highly beneficial for any business to hire website consulting services.
Web design consultant services involve optimizing the user journeys and experiences of websites. Web design consultants are creative and technically inclined professionals that ensure compelling and consistent designs that attract new leads and sales.
What Do Website Design Consultants Do?
A web page design consultant plays an important role in building a strong online presence. They usually work closely with businesses’ in-house teams, share their know-how to help circumvent issues early on, and identify opportunities to produce market-leading websites.
Their typical responsibilities can be divided into offering advice and supporting businesses to meet their goals.
Web design consultants advise businesses about how they can improve their online presence. There are different scenarios for this:
- If a business has no online presence. In this case, a web site design consultant can help develop a web strategy, create a unique website and post relevant, high-quality content across all channels to produce results.
- If a business has an online presence but no real results. When a business has a website and a marketing strategy but not driving good results, a website design consultant can advise what to change and improve to enhance traffic, leads and sales.
- If a business only has a website. A business may have designed its website with another website designer or agency but cannot meet its online business goals. A web consultant can then advise about improving the new website to generate the most effective online presence. This will typically include a variety of marketing strategies.
Helping Businesses Meet Their Goals
Web consultants also assist businesses in meeting their web strategy goals. Some goals include:
- Creating a website. Web consultants can design, develop and manage a website that reaches exact business and marketing goals.
- Marketing a website. A website cannot reach its full potential without the right marketing efforts. A web consultant can help a business define its website goals and design and develop a strong marketing strategy to reach those goals.
- Developing a brand identity. Brand identity includes collecting all the elements that a business uses to represent the right image to its target audience. Web consultants help businesses to design and develop content that boosts their online presence.
- Reaching sales targets. Web consultants can help businesses implement certain marketing strategies, including SEO, PPC, content marketing, social media marketing, and more. These strategies work collectively to help businesses reach their sales targets.
The Benefits of Hiring a Website Design Consultant
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research. Website development consultants have the knowledge and ability to do qualitative research to gain an understanding of building a site from a quantitative point. Consultants set marketing goals and measure certain elements to define the success of a web design. The UI UX consultant understands which metrics are more important and which factors in the website are responsible for generating them.
- Ensuring a website is compatible. Today, most people access the internet through a mobile device. Today, it is much easier for people to shop and manage businesses on the go. If a website is not optimized for mobile devices, a business can miss many potential leads and sales. A new website design consultant helps businesses test their sites and develop a smooth interface that is compatible with various devices.
- Optimizing for the modern web. Web 2.0 represents the current state of the web. It includes more user-generated content and usability for users. A WordPress or Wix website design consultant examines whether a business’ website layout, imagery, and content adhere to the guidelines set out by Web 2.0. This ensures a site looks cleaner, loads faster, and ranks better in search engines.
- Eliminating issues. Bad links, low-quality code, oversized images, and poor user journeys can lead to low traffic and high bounce rates. A WordPress website design consultant helps businesses to test their sites to identify issues. They then develop effective solutions to correct any problems.
- Adhering to SEO trends. Today, SEO is very important because it makes search engines’ results fair. Internet users want to trust search engines, and when a business achieves a top spot in the rankings with its website, it signals to searchers that the site is a trustworthy source. The higher the rank in the results pages, the more traffic a website will generate. A creative web design consultant helps businesses optimize their website content for search engines to ensure a good ranking.
The Process of Choosing a Website Consultant
It can be challenging to choose the right web design marketing consultant for a business’s unique needs and budget. Such goals may be achieved with the help of creative recruitment. Therefore, it is advisable to follow some of the below points to ensure the right consultant is selected:
- Determining requirements. Before selecting the ideal consultant website designer, a business should determine what it requires and its end-goals. When a business communicates exactly what it needs, the process of selecting the right candidate with the ideal skills and knowledge is much easier.
- Do thorough research. When hiring any worker, it is crucial to do research. These are just a few areas that should be considered when selecting a web design independent consultant:
- What their clients are saying about them
- What their website or portfolio looks like
- If communication is easy and convenient
- How much their web design consulting services cost
- Set a budget. It’s essential to set aside a decent budget for website consulting. The reason for this is that a web consultant advises about the direction of a business’s online presence, implement changes, execute digital marketing campaigns and much more. Therefore, hiring a web consultant is an affordable process to ensure a website receives the traffic it requires to transform high-quality visitors into paying customers. Research should be done ahead of time to discover what a reasonable budget is.
- Communicate. It is always advisable to speak directly with the consultant to confirm skills, knowledge, and experience before hiring. This also allows for the opportunity to determine if the consultant’s communication method is in line with the business.
Let’s consider the resume of the ideal senior web designer consultant:
The Cost of Web Design Consulting
One of the essential parts of hiring a web consultant is the cost involved. However, this differs largely from country to country. Let’s consider the website designer consultant hourly rate in four different countries, including a web design consultant UK and USA:
- USA: $28
- UK: $27,67
- Germany: $29.11
- Ukraine: $27*
*Rates are provided by the research done by our in-house Recruitment Team over local job boards
Mobilunity as a Trusted Consulting Provider
Mobilunity is an outstaffing company based in Ukraine with more than 10 years of experience. We help businesses to find the best web development consultant and web design consultant for their design projects. Our candidates are skilled and experienced and always go the extra mile to ensure they meet and often exceed expectations. Thinking to hire freelance web designers? Then do not wait and contact Mobilunity right now!
We have worked with a range of businesses in a large variety of industries to help them successfully complete their web development projects. Some of our portfolios include Rejuvenate Cosmetics, Grand Meal Restaurant, and Fix Mobile.
Our process is what makes us stand out among competitors. Some of the most credible businesses in the world trust our approach, including XPLG in Israel, Paidy in Japan, BYG-E in Denmark, and Network of Arts in Switzerland. Our approach is simple but effective:
- We recruit
Our team selects candidates according to a business’ ideal candidate profile. We let them complete certain tasks and interviews and send the successful candidates an offer approved by the business.
- We assist with onboarding
Successful partnerships are our passion. Therefore, we assist with web development consultancy, setting up the environments and configuring essential processes to ensure prosperous collaborations.
- We help with ongoing work
Our team focused on the motivation and staff retention of new candidates. We ensure all contractual obligations and ongoing needs are met.