Hire PHP Developers
PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor is by far one of the most used programming languages in the world. Created back in 1994 it is still being used for scriptwriting, as well as website and application creation. The list of its benefits is quite extensive:
- It is cost-effective. PHP is an open-source language which means you would not have to pay for its use.
- It is popular. It is relatively easy to hire a PHP developer or CakePHP programmer due to the fact that this language is very easy to learn, therefore the market is full of specialists of any level of expertise.
- It is flexible. PHP code can be adjusted to almost any project.
- It has frequent updates. The code writing process becomes easier and faster with constant add-ons and new extensions.
- It is fast. A PHP software engineer can significantly improve the loading speed of your website.
PHP Usage: Facts and Stats
PHP programmers for hire are in high demand these days as the popularity of the language is only growing. You can see that currently there are over 39,000,000 live websites that are running on PHP. It is also the most popular language not only among websites with over 1,000,000 traffic but also in comparison to every other programming language out there. Currently, its main area of usage is located within the territory of the United States, Canada, Russia, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
You are probably now wondering what industry can PHP language be applied to? Now if you take a look at these numbers, you will see that while most cases of PHP development refer to ‘other’ industries – IT, science, education, art, and heavy industrial projects still have a huge demand for PHP programming. If you still have doubts about its popularity, just take a look at all the big companies that use PHP up to this day – Slack, Facebook, Vox Media, WhatsApp, Lyft, Stack, Accenture, and many more.
The popularity of PHP on the market is pretty impressive too – currently, 79% of all websites are running on it, which makes PHP the most popular programming language by far. Taking into consideration its versatility it would be fair to claim that the popularity of PHP will only grow in the future and it will be able to cope with the new challenges. Interesting results were also shown in the Stack Overflow 2020 survey. Now PHP language is being presented in the three categories – most popular technologies, most loved, dreaded, and wanted technologies and top paying programming languages. In each of these categories, PHP took the 8th, 20th, and 24th places respectively.
PHP is being talked about a lot in the developers’ community:
“(PHP)..It is about as exciting as your toothbrush. You use it every day, it does the job, it is a simple tool, so what? Who would want to read about toothbrushes?”
© Rasmus Lerdorf, Dutch programmer, known as the creator of PHP
“Ruby is rubbish! PHP is phpantastic!”.
© Nikita Popov, Software Developer at JetBrains
PHP Developers: Who They Are and What They Do
For many modern companies, there are now plenty of reasons to hire PHP coders. Having such a specialist on the team is a great way to boost any company’s online presence. A nearshore PHP development team will be able to create a dynamic website with the assistance of various frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Phalcon, Kohana, Yii, PHPixie or Zend. If you hire PHP programmer they will also be able to take care of the database management and your future website optimization.
So how can a business benefit from having a PHP offshore programming specialist on the team? There are several reasons:
- It is a great budget savior. As we have already mentioned, PHP is an open-source language which means there is no need to pay for its use. This can be a crucial thing for small companies and startups with a tight budget.
- It is less time-consuming. The decision to hire dedicated PHP programmers can save you plenty of time. Because it is partially object-oriented language there is always a possibility to re-use some parts of the code.
- It offers high flexibility. PHP can be run on almost any modern platform such as Linux or macOS. It also supports such services as Apache, iPlanet, Caudium, Tornado, etc. It also supports over 20 databases.
- PHP based software is easy to maintain and update. PHP code can be easily re-written and, therefore, kept up to date in the case of need.
- It increases the website’s loading speed. Websites built on PHP usually tend to show better performance and quicker turnaround time. Initially, this language was created for the development of the dynamic pages so it is only understandable why it has increased performance in terms of speed.
Now if you have decided to consider hiring a dedicated PHP programmer there are some skills and qualifications of such specialists that you should be aware of. A great PHP developer should have the following:
- Impeccable knowledge of various PHP frameworks such as Yii, Laravel or CodeIgniter
- Experience with object-oriented PHP development
- Experience with scalable applications’ development process
- High level of proficiency with code versioning tools – Git, SVN, CVS, and Mercurial
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with third-party APIs
- Experience with code testing and debugging
Seniority-Based PHP Developer Resume Samples
Junior PHP Developer Resume Sample
- Fluency with PHP7
- Deep understanding of the principles of OOP and MVC pattern
- MySQL knowledge
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Development experience using Laravel framework
- Experience working with Joomla CMS
- Experience creating websites using WordPress
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
Middle PHP Programmer Resume Sample
Senior PHP Coder Resume Sample
PHP Developer Salary Rates in Different Countries
Before you actually hire PHP software team it is always a great idea to learn about these specialists’ rates first. Numbers can vary from country to country due to the different levels of experience of the offshore PHP development team or the general level of salaries in each particular country. For this matter, we have prepared a comparison table where you can see examples of PHP developers’ rates for yourself.
- USA – $64,400
- Canada – $42,400
- Switzerland – $91,800
- France – $44,000
- Ukraine – $26,000 (based on our Recruiting Team research over several local job portals)
As you see, most American or European PHP development specialists are quite expensive. A great option, in this case, would be to try to hire PHP web developer Ukraine has to offer. Outsource PHP programming industry in this country has grown a lot over the last couple of years. Despite the low rate for PHP developer for hire, you will not receive anything but spectacular service. For instance, average annual salary for Ukrainian PHP developers according to Mobilunity’s Recruiting Team research is as follows:
- starting from $12,000 per year for a junior position
- starting from $24,000 per year for a middle position
- starting from $42,000 per year for a senior position
Now if you are about to hire remote PHP developers, it would be helpful to know the distribution of the jobs of such specialists on a global level. In the table below we added the number of open vacancies on popular job search websites that represent the demand for PHP coders in various countries as of August 2020:
Nearshore PHP Developers in Ukraine
A lot has been said about Ukraine as the top outsourcing and outstaffing destination – it is a country where you can hire offshore PHP developers, look for a professional Yii framework developer or any other similar specialist. Let’s find out how a typical Ukrainian offshore PHP development specialist looks like:
- Someone relatively young, the age of a typical Ukrainian developer varies between 21 and 30
- It is likely for a Ukrainian developer to be male as the share of women in the IT in 2020 is still comparatively low (24,9%)
- It is likely that if you hire PHP developer offshore from Ukraine they will have a high profile education
- It is important to consider experience when you hire remote dedicated PHP developer. In Ukraine, such specialists typically have at least 3 years of it
- If you hire PHP developers Ukraine has to offer, you can be quite sure that their level of English proficiency will be high – at least intermediate
- To try and find PHP developers in Ukraine means getting highly skilled professionals with an excellent work ethic. They respect deadlines and always perform at the top of their abilities
How to Find PHP Programmers for Your Team
If you are looking for a skilled PHP programmer, there are always a few ways to do that.
- Look for a PHP or a Zend development specialist yourself. It is definitely the easiest and cheapest way to find the employee you need, however, if you are not skilled enough, you might encounter some difficulties in the process.
- Hire a recruitment agency. Sometimes when a company does not have an HR team it would make sense to hire these specialists from the outside. However, it is merely an option when you have a complicated and technical product.
- Hire a professional IT outstaffing agency. Hiring a nearshore PHP company will always be more beneficial in terms of expenses and results you will receive. This decision will guarantee you that the PHP developer you will receive will be a true professional and a great match for your project.
Mobilunity as Your PHP Development Services Provider
The services of outsource PHP development Ukraine currently provides are quite extensive. Among all Ukrainian outstaffing companies, there is one that stands out and if you need to hire PHP programmer Ukraine, Mobilunity will be happy to offer you one of the specialists. The company is the right choice when it comes down to providing IT outstaffing services. They are absolute experts in everything that is required to find you the best PHP developer proficient in diverse PHP frameworks including CakePHP, Zend, Laravel, Symfony, Yii, and more. There are other things worth knowing about Mobilunity:
- Swift recruitment. Most of the PHP projects outsourcing companies in Ukraine take at least a month to launch. Mobilunity will do their best to make sure that your PHP team will start working with you in 3 to 6 weeks.
- Transparent pricing. You won’t have questions about the invoices you will receive, every number will always be explained to you.
- Cost-effectiveness. Mobilunity offers one of the best prices on the Ukrainian market.
- Convenient location. Mobilunity’s main office is located in the heart of Eastern Europe – Kyiv.
- Big talent pool. You will have a few talented and highly skilled candidates to choose from.