Reasons to Hire eCommerce Developers
Electronic commerce precisely referred as eCommerce is an online transaction of buying and selling products through World Wide Web based websites and mobile applications. The examples of eCommerce business include supply chain, funds transfer, banking and electronic data interchange (EDI) and others. The electronic transactions are carried out through many eCommerce software platforms and eCommerce applications that are integrated with the online websites with the help of eCommerce developers. The eCommerce applications are linked with the payment gateways for smooth transfer of credit from one entity to another one.
How to Hire eCommerce Developers on the Market
A good eCommerce website should be highly professional looking with great features and intuitive interface for the checkout process. This is only possible with the help of professional eCommerce developers. You need to evaluate a lot of things before you decide to hire eCommerce developer such as, the backend technologies of your website, type of eCommerce, domain of business, type of database and many others. Once you have decided about all these things, you need to match the eCommerce web developer resume, which is under consideration, with those factors to find a good eCommerce developer.
Growth in eCommerce Market
The eCommerce is consistently growing at double digit growth for more than a decade now. According to the eMarketer research information, the retail eCommerce sales across the globe will cross $4.058 trillion by 2020.
Meanwhile, the ratio of retail eCommerce sales in the total global sales is also increasing consistently. In 2015, the share of retail eCommerce was 7.5% of the total global retail sales. It will increase to 14.6% in the year 2020.
According to the statistics of the US Department of Commerce, the average ratio of the retail eCommerce sales in the total sales of the USA stands at about 9.1% (adjusted). This ratio has been increasing regularly since 2008.
The Adobe Mobile Retail Report 2016 says, the desktop conversion ratio is higher than other devices in eCommerce business, although the use of mobile device in eCommerce is increasing rapidly. The reasons for low conversion ratio through mobiles include website responsive design, ease of operation, loading speed and other factors. The cart conversion rate through desktop is 26%, while the same is just 16% through mobile devices.
|Cart Conversion Rate||16%||22%||26%|
|Visit Conversion Rate||1.0%||2.0%||2.8%|
The visit conversion rate through Smartphone is also much lower than through desktop. There is a little difference between the conversion rate of tablet and desktop.
Another important forecast formulated by the Statista Research, predicts a double digit growth in the global retail eCommerce sales ranging from 26.3% in 2014 to 16.1% in 2021. Although, the growth is predicted to decline regularly, but still too high in terms of the total volume and comparative ratio with the total global retail sales.
All these figures depict a consistent growth in eCommerce businesses for many years to come, which will keep the need of eCommerce app development, eCommerce website solutions and other web tools linked with eCommerce in high demand. To fulfill that need in the industry, eCommerce developers will remain in high demand for many years to come.
Meanwhile, the US department of commerce noticed a record retail eCommerce sale of over $97,250 billion during the second quarter of 2016. According to the report, the average rate of growth was over 8.1% as compared to the total retail sales in the United States.
Top 5 eCommerce Software Platforms
With the fast growth in the global eCommerce, especially in the retail sales as discussed earlier, a large number of eCommerce software platforms have emerged on the marketplace. The basic function of all those platforms is same along with some additional features, capabilities and compatibilities. Let’s expand upon the main features of top 5 eCommerce software platforms.
The BigCommerce eCommerce platform is one of the leading eCommerce platforms that is growing at more than 28% annual growth. It has many great features along with the world class customer support through skillful BigCommerce experts. The main features of BigCommerce development platform include:
- Very easy to install and integrate
- Simple and intuitive checkout process
- Powerful tools for migration and integration
- 99.9% availability (uptime)
- Supports abandoned cart saving features
- Integrated digital marketing and SEO functions
- Supports multiple payment gateways for payment processing
- Greater availability of BigCommerce developers and experts
- Supports built-in mobile store feature
- Free trial, flexible pricing and customization
The Shopify eCommerce platform is another top rated eCommerce platform in the marketplace. It has more than 1 million active users and over half a million businesses are using this platform. The availability of shopify developers to hire in the marketplace is sufficient. The main features of this eCommerce platform are given below:
- Supports full customization powered by many themes and widgets
- Shopify app development platform is powered by a strong technical community in the market
- An end to end eCommerce solution
- Support eBay, Amazon, and other marketplaces
- Supports SEO features
- Powered by high speed internet and service loading features
- Easy way to integrate and migrate from other platforms
- Flexible pricing and great customer support round the clock
This is one of the fastest growing eCommerce platform powered by Volusion developers. Volusion eCommerce development platform has already achieved the confidence of over 180 thousand businesses in the marketplace. Volusion eCommerce platform possesses the following key features:
- Supports more than 50 payment gateways
- Powerful inventory management tools
- Greater security and reliability
- Inbuilt powerful search engine optimization tools
- Supports more than 80 powerful apps and tools
- Great customer support for 24/7
- More than 30 thousand merchants use this platform
- Easy availability of volusion developers
- Flexible pricing along with free trial period
The Big cartel ecommerce platform is a very easy to use eCommerce platform powered by big cartel developers, artists, engineers and designers. It has many great features that make it one of the powerful eCommerce platforms in the marketplace. The main features of big cartel eCommerce platform are given below:
- Very useful for creative domains of online businesses like music, fashion, cloths and others
- Very easy to use eCommerce platform
- Great order management and inventory management capabilities
- Built in search engine optimization capabilities
- Easy to integrate with social media marketing tools and platforms
- Supports powerful customization features
- Flexible pricing along with a FREE basic subscription
- Professional grade customer support
3dcart development platform is a hosted solution for eCommerce services to build attractive and professional shopping cart on in an online store. It is easy to develop and integrate with your online website without any need of expertise in web development. If you want to use the advanced features of 3dcart eCommerce platform, you can hire 3dcart developer easily in the marketplace at affordable prices. The main features of 3dcart eCommerce solutions are given below:
- Offers over 100 different designs
- No limit on number of products
- Easy to use without the need of any expert eCommerce developer
- Inbuilt SEO and marketing features
- Supports the integration with multiple platforms like Facebook, eBay, Shopzilla, Google shopping, Amazon and others
- Support tax handling, tax returns, cross sells, up-sells, and other features
- Flexible billing options
eCommerce Developers Market Demand
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics Department Report 2016 predicts that a double digit growth (13%) in the demand of web developers mostly driven by the eCommerce platforms and applications will continue till 2026. Thus, it will create a whopping number as much as 21,300 of web developers’ demand in the marketplace. This number will be in addition to the existing demand of over 162,900 developers’ requirement at present.
Similarly, the satisfaction level of eCommerce web developers’ job is a 5/5 star and the median salary to hire eCommerce developer stands at about $66,130 per annum. The demand of eCommerce developers in the developing economies like China, India, Brazil, Australia and other countries will be much higher than the growth in the USA as cited in the above report.
The demand in eCommerce developers is increasing consistently with the increase in the volume and penetration of eCommerce technologies into our modern businesses. According to CIO Magazine information, the eCommerce web developers that are expert in web development, SEO, data analytics and artificial intelligence based data processing are in high demand in the marketplace.
The main areas of software development include, customer relationship management (CRM), eCommerce development, automation and optimization are major factors where the demand of the eCommerce developers is increasing on a regular basis across the globe. According to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development report, the cross border B2C eCommerce will cross $994 billion globally in 2020 with a major share contributed by Asia Pacific region ($476 billion).
The International Post Corporation eCommerce Outlook Report 2016 suggest that annual growth in the cross border eCommerce will continue growing at 25% till 2020. It will cross $900 billion by 2020. A gigantic (67%) share will be contributed by Asia Pacific region followed by North America and Western Europe with 18% and 10% respectively. The demand in the eCommerce developers will also increase accordingly.
According to the Money US News report, the web developer is top 8th best technology job, with 100% satisfaction of the job. The top of this list is occupied by the software developer, which is also a sister to web developers in one way or the other.
Major Skills eCommerce Developers Must Have
The eCommerce developers are normally the web developers with additional skills for the tools and platforms commonly used in the eCommerce businesses. The main skills of an eCommerce developer should include:
- HTML, CSS, XML
- PayPal, Amazon, eBay, Authorize dot net
- Ruby on Rail
- Python, XHTML, Photoshop
- Google checkout, Facebook, YouTube, Google Analytics
- Restful APIs and knowledge of frameworks
- CMS, Joomla, Magento, Big Commerce, 3dcart, Big Cartel etc.
- eCommerce project portfolios
- Good communication skills
- Team player
Resumes of eCommerce Developers
Let’s expand upon top 5 eCommerce developers’ resumes that are in big demand nowadays in the marketplace.
BigCommerce Developer Resume
Shopify eCommerce Developer Resume
Volusion eCommerce Developer Resume
Big Cartel eCommerce Developer Resume
3dcart eCommerce Developer Resume
Successful Projects of Mobilunity
Mobilunity eCommerce Development Services has many successful projects in its company portfolio. A few important eCommerce portfolios of the company are given below.
This is an awesome eCommerce website based on the Magento eCommerce platform. It is a customized and responsive web design suitable for all devices and platforms. The main features of this website include:
- Customized website for modern fashion industry
- Powered by foreground and background animation
- Supports multiple languages
- SEO friendly and responsive design
- Customized blog module and other features
- Based on Magento 2 platform with multiple features and functions
- Easy to use and intuitive interface as well as checkout process
This is a great example of creativity, innovation, and experience of UI/UX designers and developers of the company. It is one of the best eCommerce mobile applications with the following salient features:
- Fully customized with creative aesthetics and innovation
- Awesome design leaving a great impression on the visitors
- The minimalistic and efficient design
- Neat and clean interface without any distraction
- Clear and easy to follow checkout flow
- A high quality full wireframe based in-house application
- Lightweight and fast to load and user friendly
The design of this website is fully matching with the household and kitchen related appliances. It has many features that are 100% suitable for a successful eCommerce website.
- Highly creative and attractive design
- Fully responsive and 100% SEO friendly website
- Uses multiple diverse colors and images to provide a great outlook
- Easy and intuitive interface to navigate through
- Simple checkout process
- Helpful information is highlighted properly
- Neat, clean and professional appearance
Why to Choose Professional eCommerce Developers
The fierce competition in the marketplace demands everything to be either perfect or near to perfect, and so is the case with eCommerce store websites. There are thousands of eCommerce websites, applications and online stores, but you need to build a very perfect in terms of looks, technicalities, and other features. This can only be done by the professional eCommerce developers, as offered by Mobilunity eCommerce Services. You can get great outstaffing support from this top quality Ukrainian eCommerce Development Company at very reasonable prices.