Middle Front End Developer (React.js)
Mobilunity is a provider of dedicated development teams that believes in empowering Ukrainian talent, by connecting local IT professionals, with Global, forward thinking organizations. Our teams of engineers are fully devoted to the development of our client’s products, and we as a company are also fully dedicated to our teams and their development. In order to make this collaboration happen, we follow what we call the 3 R’s of nearshoring: Relationships, Recruitment, & Retention.
On behalf of our Swiss client, Mobilunity is looking for a Middle Front-End Developer (React.js).
About the project:
Our client is a Swiss insurtech company founded back in 2013 by the common efforts of insurance experts and IT specialists.
They are a digital insurance broker connecting insurance companies, small businesses, and business applications providers, and thus, reducing administrative expenses, by offering easy online management, and expert consultations all through their one of a kind platform.
The company is also a part of a big insurance group operating in Switzerland.
Their headquarters are located in Zurich. And since the beginning of 2017, their IT development team consisting of Front-End Developers, Back-End Developers, QA Engineers, Scrum Master and CTO fully resides in Mobilunity. The team’s objective is code maintenance and fix, as well as active development and implementation of new features, thus, the staff is regularly replenished, but only with dedicated and passionate about the product people.
- Clean code and good design. We use SOLID and DDD to control the internal complexity of the application.
- Testing. We write unit and functional tests.
- Constant improvements. We hate legacy. If you have to touch the rare legacy code leftovers, you’ll have time to refactor it.
- Ownership. Your scope of influence is the whole project including the business side.
- Communication. The tech team gives input from the first stages of feature planning and we create feedback loops with the product team through the whole development lifecycle.
- Documentation. We use documentation first approach. Our goal is to have deliverables fully defined at least 2 sprints ahead.
- Implementing new features
- Delivering clean code with decent unit test coverage
- Supporting existing functionality
- Regularly performing code reviews
- Direct communicating with Zurich-based product team
- 2 years or more in software development
- Working knowledge of React.js
- Good understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Good spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with TypeScript or any strongly typed language
- Experience with Redux, MobX or any other state manager
- Experience with other modern framework and libraries like Angular or Vue.js
- Experience in writing and maintaining unit tests
- Familiarity with C++, C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP or any other programming languages
- Understanding of functional programming
Joining the team you will get:
- Join an atmosphere where Relationships is a core value. Feel it too!
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance Program designed to attend our teams’ needs
- Paid vacations and sick leave, including 5 paid days per year that don’t need a sick certificate
- Our English classes is not a group lecture. We have an Approach. We teach you in 1-to-1 mode to bring you to the level when group talks bring better effect in!
- No openoffice setup. Don’t be disturbed with strangers passing by – our teams have offices for 4-15 people each
- Office location in the city center, accessible from different metro lines and ground public transport arterias, yet not polluted with traffic gas and noise of main city arterias
- Corporate football and basketball teams, music band, office tournaments and offline global games organized by the Company. Monthly pizza parties started with CEO speech to the teams, and run by Event Management team. And many other activities that you could be a part of.