How to Gain More Traffic Using Youtube SEO Best Practices
Are you still asking yourself these questions:
- Is it real to have my video watched by millions?
- Why YouTube videos of your competitors rank better in Google than yours?
- Can YouTube drive targeted traffic to your website?
- How can i achieve more popularity (views, comments, shares) in YouTube?
- Is there a way to make people come to my website after watching a video?
YouTube Techniques: Tips and Tricks
Undoubtedly, YouTube is a one of the best way to promote business online. If you have anything to record video about, you definitely should do it. However recording a video and uploading it to YouTube won’t bring you expected benefits. For obtaining use from YouTube video, you need to optimize your video in a proper way by applying various YouTube techniques:
- Choose correct title. Your title should be not long and optimized properly by including the main keyword you want to rank by. Always recheck whether there are already videos with keywords in exact match shown in search results.
- Write a full description. Do not be afraid to write much here. Your description can be like a small blog post but not less than 200 words. And of course it should include the keywords!
- Don’t underestimate value of tags. Include your specific keyword tags, generic tags like how-to, tutorial, guide, leave out prepositions as YouTube ignores them. Add 10 to 20 tags per video to make it perfect for search.
- Use special video keywords. The most effective keyword types are: How-to, reviews, tutorials and funny videos. For more advanced search use Google Keyword Planner:
Optimize Video for YouTube: Mobilunity Advice
We do not stop on internal video optimization. We go much further apart from solely uploading a video and caring about effective linkbuilding. After video is uploaded and everything mentioned above is fulfilled:
- We submit video to various video submission platforms to introduce our video to world and contribute to marketplace development
- We analyze videos of our competitors and looks for catchy tags, ideas and content items.
- We comment on videos which are relevant to our own
- We advertise our videos to customers and clients with purpose to get it shared through the internet.
- We create an online presence for our business and promote video is social networks
- We incorporate videos into our company’s website
- We build incorporate links to our website while commenting other videos (however this is probably one thing we are not successful in so far)
Here is a sample of video optimized properly by our team:
Having a good video alone doesn’t secure good positions in search engines, you should work hard on promoting your video and reaching the bloggers who might be interested in your content. But of course success of any outreach campaign lies in quality content in the first line. Without a quality video any further promotion would be useless.
Anastasia Osypova, Junior PM: “We, at Mobilunity, care about our rankings much. We know for sure successful sales page design alone won’t bring us desired income, but we need huge traffic increase. And this can be achieved thanks to proper YouTube videos, which has become a vital part of our daily SEO routine. ”