Why Ukraine Is the Best Option to Cover Software Engineers Shortage
Owning a business these days is nearly impossible without hiring a software engineer vs developer on your team. With the level of complexity that is required from modern companies, it is only understandable that the software solutions that they are seeking, are not that simple either. Lately, it has become quite a common thing for companies to look for custom software solutions as well. Due to this rise of demand for quality software development solutions, SW engineer’s demand rose as well. However, it appears that there are currently not enough qualified SW engineers to cover those needs. So let’s find out what is it exactly that software engineer does that makes him so in demand these days, why this lack of engineers happens and what is the best country for software engineer for hiring.
Shortage of Software Engineers: Why the Demand Is Rising?
Over the last couple of years, software development services doubled in demand. If you think about it, the software is being used in so many aspects of business, that it is hard to count them all. However, there are certain reasons why the popularity of software engineering is rising lately:
- Extensive use of various types of software in daily lives. Every person is using dozens of websites and applications every day and they all require the work of a software engineer.
- High competition on the market. If you think about it, each application or service has at least a few competitors and they all require software engineers.
- The code needs to be rewritten. Every once in a while the code, that your software is running on, needs to be updated.
- Projects are getting more complex. Even though the solutions for projects’ creation are evolving, the tasks themselves are getting harder every day.
- More platforms to cover. Now whenever you are working on a project, you need to make sure that it can be run on at least a few of the most popular platforms, like iOS or Android.
As you see, new challenges are arising and that requires more involvement from software developers, however, we can see quite the contrary – a shortage of software engineers. So let’s see in detail why the IT talent shortage appears.
Tech Talent Shortage: Top Countries for Software Engineers
Lately, it can be often heard that there is a significant shortage of SW engineers in the USA and other countries. However, it would be not completely fair to claim that there are not enough specialists. The problem is rather that there are not enough good specialists. Speaking of the US, according to the recent data, in 2017 there were hardly more than 50 000 IT graduates while the demand for such specialists was at least 10 times bigger.
Pretty much the same situation can be seen in the UK – employers are craving for SW developers with higher skills than those that are currently being presented on the job market. More than just that, according to the same source, software developers are the top priority, whenever IT companies are looking for new employees.
A significant software developer shortage 2020 can also be witnessed in Canada, where “software developer” is currently being one of the most demanded positions.
In Europe, the situation is not that much different if you think about it. For example, according to the recent programmer shortage stats, in Switzerland, the IT sector is expected to lose over 40 000 SW developers by the year 2026. These numbers are nowhere to be covered by the amount of freshly graduated young programmers.
So, is there a software engineer shortage? Well, obviously. However, why exactly is this happening?
Reasons for the Shortage of Programmers
As you see, SW engineer shortage is a real problem these days, however, what are the reasons that led to a situation like that?
First of all, it is a lack of experience. Even though there currently are thousands of new graduates each year, it is obvious that they have zero experience in the field. Therefore it might be hard for them to find a job as software engineers right away.
The next reason is the too high salary demands from developers. This often results that firms, especially if they are small start-ups, simply cannot afford these SW engineers.
The third reason for the software developer shortage is that quite often these specialists do not have a proper higher education.
All these factors combined together lead to the fact that the supply of software developers cannot cover the needs of companies for such specialists.
Hiring Software Engineers from Ukraine: One of the Best Countries for Software Engineers
Those who often use outsourcing practices in their business strategy usually know that Ukraine is one of the best choices for this occasion. So here is a list of reasons for you to start looking for your software development specialists within this country’s borders:
- Low prices. This is often the key factor in why companies turn to Ukrainian developers. Due to the difference in currency rates, Ukrainian specialists usually charge less than those from other European countries.
- Profile education. Most Ukrainian software engineers have high profile education so you will not have to worry about the level of skills of each SW developer.
- Big talent pool. There are more than 200,000 SW developers, while almost each SW developer has obtained proper education.
- High level of skills and many years of experience within the field. In Ukraine most IT specialists work as outsourced programmers, so usually they have quite an extensive list of projects that they have worked on.
These and many other less significant reasons should definitely make you consider Ukraine as your main option for outsourcing software engineers for your company or project.
How Mobilunity Can Help You with the Shortage of Software Developers
Ukraine is considered to be one of the best countries for software engineers and there are lots of companies where you can find yourself software engineers for hire or Unity3d developer, however, there is one that stands out of all of them. It is called Mobilunity and it has been on the market long enough to know how to satisfy the needs of even the most demanding clients. You should know, that Mobilunity provides:
- Many specialists to choose from
- 24/7 customer support
- Reasonable and transparent prices
- Convenient location
- Quick HR process