How Much Does It Cost to Hire Network Developer?
According to a recent report published by IMF, the global GDP in 2019 stands at $87.5 trillion. These numbers are littered with a lot of inequalities as countries like the US have the largest share of the global GDP. Closer home to the IT industry, is the average web developer salary synonymous globally, or is it a case of different books with the same script? How much does it cost to hire front end developer and what does impact this cost? In this article, we have analyzed multiple data sets to understand how the salaries of developers have changed and what to expect in the future. But before we do that, who should be considered as the network developer?
Capabilities and Tasks That Influence the Cost of Network Developer
Web programmers are like the World Wide Web supply route. They help create applications and programs which are the foundation stones of the Internet as we know it today. Programming for network engineers covers all stages of website/application development and maintenance. Network programming is aimed to build application software that allows users to connect and communicate through closed networks and all over the Internet.
The work of a web developer can be categorized into three major parts:
- Frontend Scripting: This code basically determines what greets the website visitors once they land on a webpage.
- Backend Scripting: This is the code that powers the website behind the scenes.
- Database Technology: Basically, this is what maintains the smooth running of a website.
The following are just some of the tasks a professional network engineer can perform:
- Full-cycle network application development: understanding requirements, building architecture, network programming, testing, debugging, maintenance
- Upgrade of existing network apps to meet up-to-date standards and user preferences
- Enhance network program functionality and design
- Analyze developed product: run tests, compare with competitors’ solutions, conduct business analytics
- Prepare instructions and other documentation
- Integrate network systems with databases and servers
- Configure enterprise servers
- Monitor network development innovations and implement them in the product
And that’s not nearly all duties and abilities of an expert network engineer. No surprise that nowadays, network developing specialists are in high demand and the industry is rapidly growing.
Quick Overview of Demand and Cost of Network Programmer
Globally, companies are facing one common enemy; the severe shortage of technology talent. This imbalanced equation has made the IT one of the fiercely competitive industries with companies engaging in “salary wars” to attract skilled developers. According to a report published by Statista, in 2019 alone, the gross global spending on IT is expected to hit $706 billion. These figures have spawned a global rush from companies looking to recruit and retain the best developer talents all over the world. As of 2019, the global population of developers stands at 23 million with the numbers expected to reach 27.7 million by the year 2023. Leading the pack is the US as 29% of the total web developers population at least call Silicon Valley or America home. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to possibly take its rightful spot given the sheer numbers emerging from the region.
The report suggests that this global rush is driven by a number of factors. Approximately 83% of web developers are engaged in formal network programming whereas two-thirds of this number have been doing so for less than 5 years. The puzzle does not end there; 15% of the developers are 2 years or less into their programs, and less than 5% have been doing it for more than 16 years. This means, the industry is surviving on a mere 17% of the developer’s population, which has increased the adrenaline rush to score the remnants.
In the meantime, the booming Southeast Asia gaming market has also played a major role in the clamor for more developers. China has been hailed as the next big frontier in terms of mobile and PC gaming with the revenues expected to hit $35 billion by 2021. In 2017 alone, China registered a total of 554 million gamers which has led to the demand for a network engineer for hire to create more similar projects and a support system around the existing ones.
Reasons to Start Looking for Network Developer for Hire
If you wonder what are the advantages of applying network programming for your company or project, we prepared a shortlist of the benefits you can gain if hire network coder:
- Data collection from network-based devices and systems
- Real-time insights into customer behavior
- Deployment of new apps, platforms, solutions based on customers’ needs
- Applicability of IoT advantages
- Upgrade of all business processes
- Increased application performance and popularity rates
- Cloud computing flexibility
- Undoubtful network security
As you can see, there is plenty of advantages to incorporate network development into your business. Before starting a planning network engineering project, you need to understand the estimated Network engineer cost of it. Here is brief information on network development rates on the market for you to consider.
Network Programmer Salary Rates: Average Network Engineer Cost in Europe
The tech space is known for creating value within a relatively short period. These potential profits attract massive capital investments and companies within this space have gained a reputation of paying massive salaries to talented programmers. So for developers looking to jump into the industry with the prospects of making some serious dime, which countries or cities within the realm of web development have the best salaries?
Cost to Hire Network Developers in Various US Regions
From a global perspective, the network engineer salaries in the US have always remained a bit higher compared to those in other countries. Although this disparity can be linked to a number of factors like the stability of the dollar, the high salaries can be largely attributed to the mature tech market. For example, the network engineer salary in the US ranges from $54,000 to $113,00 annually whereas the same position commands an average of £30,351 in the UK.
- Cost of Network developer in San Francisco. For many years, the Bay area has dominated the tech industry in the US. However, with the emergence of technology hubs scattered across the country, the Silicon Valley reign is beginning to feel the pressure. According to Glassdoor salary calculator, the network programmer salary ranges between $69,000 and $132,000 with the average senior network engineer salary being placed at $95,687. Although it may sound a lot, when adjusted to the living standards of San Francisco, developers working in cities such as Seattle and Austin are better off.
- Network engineer cost in NYC. In the meantime, a network engineer salary in New York is anything between $60,000 and $115,000. Interestingly enough, the average salary here is $82,674 which is slightly lower compared to that of San Francisco. However, when the cost of living is factored in, a developer in NY has an 8% more purchasing power compared to the one residing in Silicon Valley.
- Cost of Network programmer in Chicago. Depending on the position and years of experience, a network engineer can earn anything between $54,000 and $116,000. The average salary is $76,263 which is 2% below the national average.
- Cost to hire Network developers in California. The average network engineer salary in California is $93,105, which is 6% more than the national average. Even with that, there are areas that pay even better than that. Leading the pack is the San Jose area with an average of $99,295, 28% above the national average. This compared to the lowest paying area of San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles which has an average of $82,325.
- Network Developer Cost in Google. A developer working at Google can take home an average salary of $123,749, which is way higher than what other companies pay.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Network Developer in Ukraine?
Ukraine is a country that has managed to have her name engraved in the world of IT outsourcing. The country has the fastest-growing number of IT specialists in Eastern Europe making it the playground for large multinationals and small startups. Compared to the US, the UK, and other European countries, the network programming salary rates of Ukrainian specialists are 40-60% less. At the same time, Ukrainian network engineering is known worldwide for having high-quality solutions.
Network Developer Cost in Different Ukrainian Cities
According to a survey report by StackOverflow, there are more than 208,855 programmers in Ukraine. Approximately 49.7% of these professionals call Kyiv home making it the epicenter of outsourcing in the country. The average salary of a network programmer in Kyiv is $11,000. Those working in other cities like Dnipropetrovsk, Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Dnipro, and other smaller cities, the network engineer salary ranges between $13,200 and $17,000. As you can see, Ukrainian network developer salary and cost to hire Network developers are much lower than American or British ones. No wonder that bit international companies and the most advanced project seek the help of Ukrainian network programmers. How to choose the best network programming developer for hire to work on your business?
Network Engineer Resume Sample
Now, when you know the labor market situation, you need to understand what network programming skills and knowledge are needed for your company’s needs. Here is an approximate network engineer skillset you should look for:
- 3+ years of proven network developing experience
- 3+ years of C/C++, Java, or Python software development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Programming/Network Development
- A strong portfolio of the engineered networks/developed projects
- Understanding of multithreaded programming
- Network traffic optimization
- Analytical skills
- Team management experience is plus
Of course, you can – and you should – look for as much diverse specialist as possible. Network programming is a complex area where each project requires an individual approach, a creative attitude, and advanced knowledge. So, the more detailed and impressive resume of a network programmer you see, the greater expert you can get for your company. By the way, here is a detailed guide on how candidates can turn a network engineer resume sample into a real masterpiece, so you can take some points into consideration while reviewing applications of possible candidates. Also, at KickResume you can find a lot of network engineer resume sample documents based on real people’s submissions. So, now you are prepared for assessing resumes. Let’s move on to the job description field.
As we have already noted, every business and every project has its requirements. After analyzing network engineer resume sample options, you need to come up with the duties and responsibilities of your future employees. For example, the requirements for the candidate can be the following:
- 2+ years of network development with HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc
- Strong knowledge of PHP, SQL, MySQL frameworks
- Drupal module development experience will be a plus
- SOAP/REST API understanding will be a plus
- Cross-platform app development experience
- Testing and debugging experience
- Understanding of business processes
- Team-oriented approach
Thus, if you look for strong network engineer resume examples, we recommend checking Indeed listings. If you seek help with formulating job requirements for network programming engineer for hire, take a look at such a trustworthy website as Glassdoor has a number of posted job descriptions to note. Also, it would be helpful to check out the most popular freelance websites for reliable specialists in the field. By understanding what skills and knowledge are needed for developing your network product, you will be able to agree on the best way for the network developer to work on it. Is it worth hiring an expert network engineer from your region? Or is it better to look for a real network professional working remotely?
Why and How to Hire Network Engineer
Here are the top 5 reasons to hire network developer for your business needs:
When an individual or a company is looking to build a website, they may choose to engage an in-house team. However, when faced with a skills gap, they have the option of outsourcing remote developers to help with soft and technical aspects. Engaging contingent workers frees the companies of peripheral burdens allowing them to focus on strategic projects at the same time reduce the development time and other related costs.
3 Most Effective Ways to Find Network Engineers for Hire
Basically, there are three ways to hire network engineer for your business:
- Find a network developer in your area. If you don’t have complex requirements and will be fine with an average specialist with some experience in network programming, you can choose from the available coders living in your city/region. But there is a possibility you won’t be able to find a specialist with relevant experience/enough knowledge in your field.
- Hire network programmer working on a freelance basis. If you need to complete a one-time network development project, take a look at hiring network engineers for freelance basis. Usually, they have various experience with different programming projects, so they are more experienced than programmers living nearby. However, freelance workers are less reliable than remote specialists.
- Hire network engineer working remotely through a credible outsourcing agency. If you want to hire network engineer for a long-term project, main business, or important case, it is worth relying on outsourcing and outstaffing companies that have a great number of proven experts in network programming. Remote expert network engineers proved to be in the highest demand on the market.
While at it, always ensure that the team of remote developers you are looking to work with has the right skills, tools, and most importantly, a scalable workforce. Moreover, it would be wise to check the previous projects and feedback before you hire network programming developer. You can request this information from the candidate or contact the company stated in his resume by yourself. If you decide to hire a freelance network engineer, make sure to discuss all task details and time frames for completing the required.
Hire Network Programmers at Mobilunity
Networking programming is in high demand nowadays. There are many network engineers on the market ready to perform one task or work full-time remotely, but the problem is to find a real expert. Fortunately, it is possible to hire network programming engineer with huge experience here at Mobilunity. Mobilunity is an IT development company based in Ukraine and comprised of a talented pool of developers of all walks in the IT industry. We know how to hire experts in different technologies, for example, you may hire IT audit consultant with us. Sometimes we know that you may just need to hire dedicated developers on a network programming project, that’s why have assembled a team of IT professionals to support your business needs.