Hire Network Engineer
Nowadays, it is hard to imagine a company that doesn’t use network and cloud solutions in their operations and development processes. Companies that have already hired network engineers established themselves as highly productive and secure businesses. As a result, enterprises that haven’t built a network engineering solution so far, are now looking for cloud network engineer consultants with relevant certifications and experience in the field.
So, if you are considering whether to hire Cisco engineer or not, this article will guide you on the importance and specifics of having a network software engineer in your team.
Why Do Businesses Hire Network Engineer?
Today’s networks allow high-end solutions to process a big amount of data to and from users, which results in the utmost importance of maintaining the highest network service levels and network security. In our digital age, enterprise networks become more and more complex, and the requirements for their development and maintenance rise rapidly according to the demand. This provoked the need for a separate expert whose role will be to take care of all the network solutions and ensure smooth and secure operations, that is, a network support engineer.
Although innovative technologies allow businesses to stay competitive on the market, it is vital to protect their products and services from cybercrime that progresses, thanks to technologies, too. Cybersecurity policies have to be implemented in line with delivering high-quality, consistent user experience. For this purpose, effective network management is a must. Network administration allows monitoring network performance, resources, such as switches, routers, and servers, and software updates. A network operations engineer focuses on making sure the network functions well, identifying errors and cyber threats, and troubleshooting them effectively.
For companies of any scale, network maintenance allows for upgrades and timely fixes to network resources. Given the rising trend for remote cooperation, many companies tend to hire network engineer remote. Among such enterprises that look for remote network engineers for hire are Amazon Data Services, Atlassian, The Washington Post, Twitter, and many others.
FAQ on Network Engineer for Hire
Network Engineer Responsibilities and Challenges
The responsibilities of a network consulting engineer include:
- Handling the strategy and technology behind a network;
- Maintaining networks and all associated systems, including software, hardware, and apps;
- Implementing firewalls, virus protection solutions, data security systems;
- Ensuring timely data backups to protect important information;
- Configuring network equipment, including routers, switches, load balancers, VPN, LAN, WAN, etc.;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting network and cybersecurity issues;
- Conducting regular network maintenance (scheduled updates, necessary upgrades, tests, etc.);
- Tackling some of the higher-level support issues;
- Collaborating with third-party support services and service providers to ensure optimal network operation;
- Finding innovative ways to improve network performance.
At the same time, network engineers face many challenges since today’s networks need to support more traffic than ever before, and workers access corporate data from desktops, mobile devices, and even IoT solutions. Here are the top challenges that network engineers are faced with nowadays:
- Poor network performance
Poor network performance is not just about high total traffic but about data sent and received in all directions. Only with the right equipment and established infrastructure, network engineers can ensure the high speed of communication required by today’s hardware, software, and apps. At the same time, speed should not sacrifice the security of the network solution.
Following the previous point, keeping the network secure is another today’s challenge. The perimeter of today’s networks is still top unclear to just block unauthorized attempts outside the internal network to protect data. Although encryption helps to protect traffic, it also makes it more complicated to monitor network activity. A tool kit containing multiple security tools allows for the highest protection levels but requires advanced management.
- Configuration management
The bigger the network becomes, the more complex configuration operations it requires. New devices can conflict with each other, and one needs to keep the rules in firewalls up to date and manually apply policies that may lead to technical issues and inconsistencies if not detected from the beginning.
- Budget limitations
Often, the available budget doesn’t meet all the needs of network services, especially if there are not just traditional IT apps but also such services like telephony (VoIP) and video conferences that require new levels of network quality and security.
- Constant development
All these challenges could be more manageable and fast-solving if networks stayed the same, but they constantly develop. It relates to an increase in the number of devices connected to the network, as well as equipment vendors and technologies that have to be integrated into the network.
What Are Network Engineer Qualifications and Certifications?
Depending on the company’s specifics and industry of work, businesses need network engineers of different qualifications. Certifications allow network experts to gain the necessary knowledge and validate their experience in the field. At the same time, certifications increase the level of a network engineer and open more job possibilities. With networking training courses, network programmers learn about different operating systems, cybersecurity, and network administration. Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft, and CompTIA are the most popular, solid, and in-demand certifications that allow assessing the level and network engineer skills. Let’s take a closer look at the most desirable network engineer certifications.
Cisco certifications include Entry (CCT), Associate (CCNA), Professional (CCNP), Expert (CCDE and CCIE), and Architect (CCAr), with CISSP being oriented towards cybersecurity services:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): The certified engineer knows network and security fundamentals, IP connectivity, IP services, and automation services. It is the most in-demand certification for Junior to Middle experts.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP): This Routing and Switching certification is a well-recognized standard that proves one’s experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring networks.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE): It is an advanced-level certification related to collaboration, data center, security, service provider solutions. Less than 1% of all networking engineers globally pass this exam, yet many companies want to find a software engineer with a CCIE certification.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This certification shows one’s expertise in designing and managing cybersecurity solutions, including implementation and updates of security programs and protocols.
Citrix is another well-known system that delivers people-centric network solutions. Some of the most in-demand Citrix certifications include:
- CCA-N proves the ability to manage enterprise-level environments with NetScaler Gateway, ensuring secure remote access to desktops, apps, and data.
- CCP-N is the next level that highlights one’s knowledge of NetScaler implementation and management for traffic, load, and content switches.
- CCE-N is a certification for network architects that proves their expertise in assessing and designing the high-end architecture of a Citrix environment and complex networking configurations.
These additional certifications prove specific expertise of a given network engineer:
- CompTIA Network+ certification shows that the expert can design and implement networks, configure network devices, follow security standards, and troubleshoot issues effectively.
This certification proves the expertise of a programmer in Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions. The certified expert can perform basic technical and development tasks related to Microsoft Dynamics 365 customization.
Network Engineer Resume Sample
Average Network Engineer Salary Rates in Different Countries
The cost of hiring network engineer largely depends on the country in which the expert works and lives. For clarity, let’s compare average networks engineer salary rates in the following countries:
- The US – $73,598
- Germany – €48,853 ($53,227)
- Switzerland – 94,055 Fr. ($96,840)
- Lithuania – 56,600 LTL ($19,169)
- Ukraine – 452 566 ₴ ($16,950)
As you can see, Lithuanian and Ukrainian network specialists earn five times less than American engineers of the same level of experience. Switzerland and Germany that share a border have salary rates that differ two times.
Also, obtained certifications influence Network engineer cost estimation a lot. For example, let’s take a look at the salary rates of certified network engineers with Cisco skills in the same countries:
- The US – $69,339
- Germany – €50,001 ($54,478)
- Switzerland – 93,371 Fr. ($96,136)
- Lithuania – €24,732 ($26,951)
- Ukraine – 452 566 ₴ ($16,950)
In some countries, the only Cisco certification influences the rate of network engineers, while in others, it doesn’t have a big impact on the overall cost. The second crucial factor that influences the cost for network engineer for business is expertise, which often relates to the years of work with network solutions. Here are salary rates of Senior network engineers in the same five countries:
- The US – $100,270
- Germany – €66,843 ($72,828)
- Switzerland – 120,000 Fr. ($123,554)
- Lithuania – 86,520 LTL ($29,302)
- Ukraine – 571 322 ₴ ($21,398)
The more qualified and experienced the network programming engineer for hire is, the bigger is the cost for recruiting such an expert. That’s why many companies tend to hire computer network engineers in Ukraine because of the high number of skilled programmers and affordable rates in the country. Let’s take a closer look at the reasons why businesses choose hiring Ukrainian experts.
Why Companies Hire Network Programming Engineer in Ukraine
Here is why many businesses worldwide are eager to find a network engineer in Ukraine:
- A big number of certified network engineers. In Ukraine, it is possible to find network experts with CCNA, CCA-N, CCIE, CISSP, and other certifications.
- Dedicated approach. Ukrainian programmers are known for their dedicated and creative approach to work.
- Good command of English. Most Ukrainian developers have Upper-Intermediate to Advanced level of English.
- Convenient location and time zone differences. Ukraine is located in Central Europe, meaning a few-hour difference with all the European countries and convenient time difference with the US.
- Relocating / remote-working possibilities. If you want to relocate a network engineer, it is easy to find a Ukrainian expert consent to it. Alternatively, you can hire a dedicated network engineering team working fully remotely and concentrated on your business processes only.
- Affordable cost. As you can see from above, although having highly skilled network programmers, Ukraine offers decent rates for hiring such experts. Salary rates of a Ukrainian network security engineer for hire are two to five times lower than of the same European or American experts.
Mobilunity as Your Reliable Nearshore Partner for Hiring Network Engineers
When it comes to network engineering outsourcing, hiring a dedicated team is probably the most cost-effective way. By opting for a dedicated team, businesses can get access to skilled IT talents at affordable rates. If you want to find network engineer consultant working remotely for your company, it is worth finding a reliable outsourcing and outstaffing partner. Mobilunity is a well-known Ukrainian network engineering company that offers high-quality outsourcing and staff augmentation services to businesses all over the globe.
Here are the benefits of trusting outsourcing to the Mobilunity network services company:
- We can pack up your team in less than 4 weeks
- Transparent and efficient communication
- Availability of software engineers with different skills and experience
- 20+ dedicated teams already working on projects
- 9+ years on the global outsourcing market