How to Benefit From Cloud Based Application Services?
As Cisco stated, in 2021, more than 94% of all companies will use cloud optimization services in different forms. Cloud solutions are also known to be of more economic benefits, it is a perfect option if you aim to optimize cloud cost, and budget savings and more than 47% of businesses consider it the main reason to invest in cloud application development.
And frankly speaking, it can be said that today’s business is full of cloud technologies. Nearly 77% of all enterprises have at least one application or its part in the cloud.
So, the picture is quite clear, but what actually a cloud application is? — Usually, it is defined as: “an Internet-run program with the components stored online and some or all the processes in it executed in the cloud.”
And to understand the nature of cloud based applications more, let’s clarify what that “cloud” in a technical world is. It is about a conventional name for a group of servers where the data is stored.
It’s also noteworthy that in contrast to the ordinary web or desktop apps when using cloud based apps nothing or a tiny slice of information gets stored on the device – neither the main data nor computing algorithms or processes. For lack of a better word, your device serves mainly as an input gadget when using a cloud app.
Types of Cloud Apps
Surely, when speaking about cloud apps, first of all, user apps are to imagine. However, many various cloud apps serve different goals, and it’s most convenient to keep in mind these three types of cloud applications:
Software as a Service or SaaS
Best examples of such cloud applications are – Google Docs, Google Drive.
Cloud apps of this type can concern either individuals or companies. It’s commonly known that the licensed software, either for PCs or tablets or smartphones, requires regular paid license updates. In the SaaS type of cloud software, you don’t need to buy anything as the software is not hosted and runs on third-party hardware and does not require any device’s memory space.
Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS
Best examples of such cloud applications are — Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services.
With the help of this solution, it’s possible to create a complex product without building from scratch its basic pieces. The IaaS provider gives its customers a fully functional and complex infrastructure or environment for building their software, providing support.
Platform as a Service or PaaS
Best examples of such cloud applications are — Salesforce.com, OpenShift, Google App Engine.
With the help of this cloud app development tool, it becomes considerably easier to produce a new piece of software. The only thing required from the client’s side is the future application’s code. PaaS owners allow using their development software (ready-made solutions) and hardware together with the storage.
Another advantage of PaaS is its constant updating so that programmers can only use the latest version. What is also not any less important is that PaaS is a very flexible programming environment, so customers decide to renew or bring changes to their product; they can do that without any barriers. Thus, products built with PaaS are flexible and cost-efficient.
Benefits and Pitfalls of Cloud Based Application Development
Before making any decisions in any sphere of life, weighing all the possible benefits and pitfalls is advisable. Cloud-based application’s development has many benefits, but it is also about a certain number of drawbacks.
Benefits of cloud apps
Here is the list of the most obvious advantages your project will have if you rely its future on cloud based software development:
- Reliability. If you move your services or site to the cloud, you can always stay confident about its state. Why? — Because when you deal with the cloud, you work not with a single server but a group of those. So that, if one server goes down, others are ready to take its place and draw its duty.
- Cost efficiency. If you entrust your files to the cloud, you don’t have to care for your hardware and its timely substitution. The only thing you can pay more for is the amount of space on the cloud for your files.
- Scalability. Having switched to cloud services to serve your company’s needs, you don’t need to worry about any further increased space needed for your files. The thing is that modern cloud service providers can automatically scale their resources depending on the needs of their customers.
- Security. One of the priorities for any cloud service provider is the safety of data stored on its servers. That is why those data centers usually take the utmost care of it, so in most cases, nothing will threaten your precious data!
- Easy installation and maintenance. When served by a cloud service provider, you don’t need to worry about, roughly speaking, anything more than timely payment for the service. In other words, no additional software or hardware installation and maintenance will ever be required.
Risks of cloud based applications development
As with everything in this world, if benefits can be found in some business, it certainly has some disadvantages or risks. The same is with delivering all your data to the cloud: though it is a good idea, it is of some possible drawbacks either:
- Safety risks. Though cloud service providers are very successful in guarding the data delivered to their servers, it still can be threatened. This becomes especially true if your “neighbors” on the server are businesses that can be especially interesting to hackers or malware producers.
For such cases, you may consider hiring DevSecOps to save your business from such negative drawbacks.
- Availability of data and possible data loss. Even if your company is highly reputable, if its data is stored on the cloud, there may come a time when your cloud data center will suddenly lose connection to the Internet.
Such a situation is very unlikely; however, you have to entrust cloud app development to a real professional if there is still a possibility. Hire cloud solutions architect with Mobilunity to solve your issues.
Still, entrusting your business to cloud resources is more beneficial than risks than ordinary conditions of having your single server.
The Cloud Based Engineer Job Outlook
If you decide to work with the cloud and store all your business’s key files and media resources, you need to know who you will need to work with. Specialists that will work with your cloud are called cloud or cloud-based engineers or cloud based storage software developers. And all they will and can do, i.e., their responsibilities are:
- Performing cloud based development in such languages as Java, Python, C++
- Developing support to keep the cloud systems safe and designing and elaborating interconnectedness between all company’s devices
- Designing and implementing a plan for disaster recovery to prevent the loss of crucial data
- Developing cloud services and applications
- Deploying and helping with the deployment of cloud-based frameworks and infrastructures
And to be able to handle these duties, a cloud-based engineer should have these skills:
- Package of technical skills: programming, Linux, database skills, knowledge of Web services and API, developmental operations, virtualization, containers, skills in security and recovery
- Data analysis: handling ERP systems and proficiency in data mining
- Insight into modern business concepts like online marketing, financial terminology
- Knowledge of security systems and their various aspects
- Skills in project management, such as experience in working with service agreements or risk analytics.
If you doubt your Cloud-Based engineer’s qualifications, Mobilunity’s experts have no doubts while searching for the RIGHT candidate for you. Get in touch
Though the work of a cloud-based engineer is challenging, and cloud software development requires quite many skills, the competition in the labor market for this job is high. If you want to choose an utmost professional in building cloud applications amongst all the variety of possible candidates, make sure that they have these certificates:
- Google Cloud Associate and Professional Certifications
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Certification
- HP ExpertOne Cloud Certification
- IBM Certified Solution Architect
- VMware Cloud Certification
- EMC Cloud Infrastructure Architect
How to Successfully Develop a Cloud-based App
Building any new IT product requires sufficient investments. But aside from serious expenses, a new program or service requires conscientious and consistent work to be done. So, to bring something really worthy and highly competent to the market, get ready for the volume work divided into these stages:
Step 1: Research the market
This stage is about getting acquainted with your target audience, their needs, and pains, and together with this the ways, your competitors resolve those, i.e., their products.
Step 2: Find a decent vendor
Cloud service development is about dealing with developers and moreover GO developers of rich experience, prominent talent, and high expertise. You have several options to hire specialists to develop a cloud software design:
- Hire a team of developers
- Plan application’s features and architecture
The quality of your app and its performance and thus attractiveness to the target customers depends on its service model and architecture. To make the optimal choice, you’d better consult with the professionals.
Step 3: Choose tech utilities
The tools your staff will work with play a significant role either for the future of your user cloud app or your cloud computing software development. First of all, on the tech stack, the speed of launching the end product depends, and secondly, it’s also about your future cloud app’s quality and stability. Still, at the same time, you should also keep in mind your budget.
Step 4: Test the ready product
After your team has elaborated on the new cloud-based app, it’s necessary to check it for possible bugs. This step is very important, as it allows your customers to get a high-quality product and grow your company’s reputation, as well.
Step 5: Launch your cloud application
Releasing your app to Google Play or App Store is the final step in your cloud-based app development. However, no one can say it’s the easiest one. And it is mainly because those two giants have their specific rules and policies. But the #1 rule for any new app to get aboard is the same for both “app catalogs” — to pass the testing successfully.
Google Play’s testing is automated due to it speeds up the whole process, but at the same time, if your app gets declined, it is sometimes difficult to understand the reasons for it.
In the case of the App Store, they entrust new apps’ testing to real people, and if they find any bugs in your app, they will ask to fix those.
What Are Cloud-based Engineers Salaries?
To produce a high-quality cloud-based product, you may need to deal with either young professionals — junior cloud-based engineers, or it may be required to work with a senior cloud-based computer vision software engineer – contractor.
Of course, developers of complicated cloud-based software are of high pay rates, which are different in different countries. In the table below, you can see those regional differences in monthly salaries clearly enough:
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in the case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could not be entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
As you can see from the table above the only country where cloud engineers’ salaries can make your cloud app development maximally cost-effective is Ukraine. They provide first-class professionals, which cost way less than in other European countries, it’s commonly known. Their cloud engineers can build remarkable and worthy applications and, at the same time, save your money!
Need Strong and Cost-effective Ukrainian Cloud Engineers? — Refer to the Mobilunity Team!
As you see, referring to Ukrainian professionals is the most promising option considering the development of IT products and cloud solutions, in particular. But there are so many options to choose from considering Ukrainian specialists, including those who provide cloud-based application development that it’s easy to get lost — you may say.
Yes, it may seem that you will get lost in all those resumes and profiles of IT specialists to hire cloud experts that are available online. But there’s a convenient solution for this issue — instead of searching for specialists on your own, refer to the dedicated company that specializes in searching for talents within Ukraine and Ukrainian prices!
This company’s name is Mobilunity, and we helped numerous projects to get on App Store and Google Play! We offer dedicated development teams ready to produce products of any level of complexity right here and now! Our company also offers new approaches to maintaining data security, and, for example, thanks to penetration testing, it’s not likely that you will ever encounter any security threats!
A number of projects like ZenChef from France or FinExpert from Canada trusted their development to us, and this decision substantially invested in their growth.