FAQs on How to Hire Remote Developers and Build a Team for App Creation
When you hire the best dedicated developers, you will have a great team to assist you in producing excellent software. These developers can help you engineer a smart solution that fits the needs of all mobile users especially if you plan a big eCommerce or mCommerce project.
There is a vast world of developers out there. As of 2016, there are an estimated 21 million professional software developers worldwide, of which 12 million are mobile developers. Hiring remote developers has become trendy nowadays since it allows to reduce project costs drastically.
You must understand the process of how to hire remote developers if you wish to succeed.
Key Questions You Must Ask When You Hire Remote Programmers
Here are some of the important questions to ask each candidate when hiring remote programmers:
- What types of apps have you developed in the past?
It would be great if a developer has experienced creating applications in different fields, such as social media, communications, navigation, etc.
- What types of clients do you work with?
Experienced developers will have worked with clients from a variety of industries like IT, pharmaceuticals, marketing, etc.
- What kind of education do you have for developing apps? (information on the particular programming languages you know is expected)
The technologies the developer names should be specific. Usually, they will depend on whether you’re hiring a native Android or iOS developer, or a hybrid app developer.
- How experienced are you with smartphones? (this includes more advanced models)
The best experience entails working with today’s high-end mobiles including newer iPhone and Android models.
- What special features can you help with creating?
Good, qualified developers should be able to realize such features as biometrics support, Bluetooth connectivity, geolocation features, and shopping cart integration, among others.
- How are you going to communicate with me during the process of designing an app?
Communication entails regular updates with the client via email, Skype or project management systems like Slack, Trello and Redmine.
- What can you suggest in order to increase profit of the app?
A programmer should develop an easy-to-use app that’s inviting and appealing to users and showcases products, services, and other the most popular, effective, and up-to-date features.
- What is the testing process for my app going to be like?
Testing entails checking all parts of the application to see if everything works well. Hacking tests can be used to see how stable and secure a program is. Devices with different form factors and operating systems must be used. In our company this task is usually assigned to QA specialists.
- What types of fees or charges are you going to levy on your service? (this includes flat-rate charges that are set in value)
Hiring a remote developer from an IT offshoring company, you will have to pay fixed monthly rate for full-time or part-time devotion of a developer. Another option is to pay an hourly rate. You can check different plans IT offshoring companies usually offer:
- How does the submission process work for an app? (this includes knowing how an app can be added to different stores online)
The development team can access platforms like the App Store or Google Play and get their apps published. Proper screenshots and app descriptions should be included.
- What types of multimedia features will you use in my app?
Great developers should have knowledge of implementing features like YouTube integration, streaming audio from Soundcloud, and Flash animations.
- How can you get my app to work on a social media page?
An app may be linked to social media platforms using plugins and APIs, like Facebook and Twitter APIs. These enable functionalities like allowing the application to post to social media pages and allowing users to log into the app using social media accounts.
- What will you do to get an app useful on a variety of mobile devices? (this includes devices with many different operating systems in mind)
The key is to use specific setups based on the operating system involved. This includes replacing Flash videos on Android with non-Flash solutions on iOS.
- What can you do in the event that any problems come about within my program in the future?
Issues can be reported to the development team, who can analyze the problem and find an immediate solution.
- What have you been doing to improve upon your skills over time?
Competent developers must engage in continuous education to learn about updates to various technologies and stay on top of the latest changes in the field.
- Give one serious problem you’ve experienced as a developer, and explain how you solved it.
Every developer has faced countless problems and made several mistakes, but a great developer must learn from them. A developer who remembers how to solve problems will be well-prepared when faced with similar issues in the future.
- Are you aware of the international standards that come with developing apps? (this includes knowing what types of features are needed in apps and how various security and privacy standards are used in a diverse number of countries)
Such international standards often involve ISO/IEC 12207 rules for ensuring that the software is fully functional and maintainable. Individual privacy standards of different countries may also be considered.
- Do you review the standards that other app developers use regularly to stay competitive?
Regular checks of what competitors are doing are needed to see how well others are developing apps.
- How are you going to compare an app with other apps that are being developed but are also similar to yours?
The app will be compared based on smoothness, security, ease of use, and quickness loading times.
- Is it easy for you to interact with other employees in the same development team? (this includes knowing how to divide responsibilities and duties among each other within the same team)
Great developers should be excellent team players, and they must know how to efficiently delegate tasks to different members with different strengths.
How Many Developers Should I Hire?
You should be very cautious when considering how to hire good software developers. The number of developers will depend on the size of the project.
You don’t want to have too many developers, as this will bring too many viewpoints into the mix. This can create confusion within your team. The added expenses associated with having too many developers would hurt as well.
Building Remote Development Team: Experts You May Need
When looking at how to hire software developers, you have to consider the following roles:
- A designer will help plan the visual layout of the app.
- A coding team is needed to carry out the core development tasks, which entails actual coding using the technologies to be used.
- An interface team is also needed to help figure out how the design and coding will work on a variety of devices, including those using Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry operating systems.
- Testers are also required in the process. This is to ensure that the apps run without problems.
How Many Remote Programmers Should I Hire?
The process for how to hire developers for all your positions can be complex, and you might ask: “How many backend developers should I hire?” or “Where to find skilled and professional frontend developers?”.
As you develop your app, you must look at people based on their experiences, technical skills, and their understanding of your application’s demands. Usually, people hire experts on their local market, still there are way more affordable ways to build your app.
You should hire enough people based on the size of your app, your budget, and the complexity of your application. For small to medium-sized projects, having 3 to 6 developers working on your app may be sufficient to avoid conflicting viewpoints and other hassles.
Reasons To Outsource IT Services
When considering how to hire best app developers, you can always hire remote programmers from outside the country. This will save you money, and offer several other advantages:
- Outsourced IT service experts can help build your programs using new technologies.
- The competitive nature of outsourced IT experts ensures you’ll have a team that is active and productive.
- Many of the best outsourced teams include experienced professionals who are trained to work with the latest and most efficient solutions.
- You will have time to take care of other functions in your business, as you won’t need to worry about the technical aspects of your projects.
All of these points can make a world of difference.
Steps of App Development with Remote Programmers for Hire
Here are few important things one should consider when looking to hire remote programmers and planning to build an app:
- Find people who can take care of all the individual functions in your app, such as the coding process, the physical design, and the overall organization of your app.
- Figure out your monetization strategy, and let your developers know about it.
- Consider all security features you will require, and ensure that your team can implement them. Ask about how your app can be made safe and difficult to break into.
- Social media integration should be reviewed based on the platforms you want to reach.
- Figure out your desired release schedule.
Steps to Build an App
Here you may also read about the tips on how to build an MVP for startups
How to Hire Remote Developers in Ukraine
When it comes to where to hire developers, you have to look for people who can work for less money to save on development costs. It can cost $100,000 or more to develop an app. This could be very expensive considering there are more affordable options.
If you’re thinking about where to hire developers, hiring from Ukraine would be a perfect choice, as there are many Ukrainian experts skilled in the latest technologies who can work for much lower rates.