Who Is More Demanded in 2018? Aurelia vs AngularJS Developers
AngularJS and Aurelia: A Brief Overview
Let’s take a quick glance at the background of these two frameworks to give us some context for our Aurelia vs Angular 2 comparison.
On the other hand, Aurelia is a much newer framework, having only been released in 2015. Interestingly, that this technology is developed by Rob Eisenberg, who was formerly an AngularJS developer, but left the team because he felt that AngularJS was not going in the direction he wanted it to go. An Aurelia vs AngularJS comparison would therefore be a fitting showcase of Eisenberg’s motivation to leave Angular and work on his own framework.
Aurelia vs AngularJS: Comparison of Features
Let’s do a feature-by-feature comparison of Angular 2 vs Aurelia to give us a clearer picture of their differences.
- Configurability. AngularJS favors configuration over convention, meaning it requires you to configure nearly every single component before you can use it. In this way, it is highly configurable, but this can lead to longer development times. On the other hand, Aurelia favors convention over configuration, so it uses default configurations based on best coding practices, and this leads to quicker development times.
- Complexity. AngularJS has complex structure and semantics that you will have to learn and master before you feel comfortable using this technology, and this leads to a steep learning curve for developers trying to learn the framework. One the other hand, Aurelia is much simpler, allowing developers to learn the language quickly and get to work in a much shorter time.
- Data Binding. AngularJS uses two-way data binding, meaning the model and view components are constantly synchronized, and a change in one causes a corresponding change in the other. Aurelia, on the other hand, employs adaptive data binding which allows it to support two-way data binding as well as one-way data binding and other data binding mechanisms.
Features comparison of 2 technologies
- Efficiency. AngularJS implements dirty checking to detect changes on its data objects, where it checks all objects for changes at fixed time intervals, and this can significantly compromise the performance of an application. On the other hand, by default, Aurelia detects changes in objects by observing each property for actual changes, and this results in a more efficient application.
- Scalability. AngularJS is a monolithic framework, meaning all components of the framework are packaged as one large bundle, and in order to use one of its functionalities, you have to include the entire bundle into your application. On the other hand, Aurelia is a modular framework, meaning it’s composed of a number of libraries that may be used individually or together. This means that you can opt to import only the necessary libraries that you will use into your application and leave out the rest. This results in better scalability of your application.
- Popularity. Tech analyzer SimilarTech reports 507,745 websites using AngularJS and a measly 369 websites using Aurelia, so it is arguably far more popular than Aurelia. This shouldn’t be surprising, as Angular was released 5 years earlier than another discussed by us technology, not to mention that it’s being backed by the tech giant Google. SimilarTech also reports that AngularJS is more widely used in every country across the globe than is Aurelia.
Aurelia vs Angular vs React
Advantages and disadvantages of Angular, React and Aurelia
Aurelia Framework State, Outlook, and Expectations in 2018
Infographics on comparison of Angular and Aurelia JS frameworks
Aurelia Developers Speaking
We had a great chance to interview the Community Lead of Aurelia Team, Ashley Grant and get answers to the most frequently asked questions. It is always interesting to know what the team thinks of the product:
- How can you describe Aurelia in one sentence? What features can be built with its help?
- What are its advantages and disadvantages in comparison with other similar technologies?
One of the strongest advantages of choosing Aurelia to build your app is how, through the thoughtful use of well-consider conventions, Aurelia allows you to focus on building your application, and not on tending the framework.
I think that one of Aurelia’s real weaknesses compared to other competing frameworks and tools, is how Aurelia allows developers to natively use third party VanillaJS libraries without always needing an “Aurelia wrapper.” This tends to lead developers to think that these third party libraries can’t be used with Aurelia, when they often work without any wrapper at all.
- How popular was Aurelia framework in 2017?
Its popularity continues to grow as more developers discover us. Maria Naggaga, of the Microsoft’s ASP.NET team, told me that after her Ignite 2017 talk, the most common audience question she received was “Why was Aurelia removed from the default set of projects in the .NET CLI?” I was heartened to hear this feedback, as it shows how fervent our current user base is.
What is in store for this technology in 2018?
We are currently working to firm up our plans for Aurelia in 2018. We have a number of ideas, including migrating the framework’s code base to TypeScript, creating a solution for developers who desire single-file components. We will also be continuing the great work on our CLI and Visual Studio Code plugin. I’m really excited for 2018 as a member of the Aurelia team!
After exploring the potential for the Aurelia framework, one possible concern for businesses might be the cost of adopting Aurelia into their applications. Specifically, you might be wondering how much the typical Aurelia developer salary is. In the next section, we take a closer look at Aurelia developer salaries.
Aurelia and AngularJS Developer Salaries
- Netherlands – €42,668 ($50,338)
- UK – £34,245 ($44,707)
- Ukraine – $25,800
- Germany – €48,658 ($57,400)
- Austria – €36,867 ($43,494)
Sample of CVs of our Dedicated Developers
CV #2 – Senior AngularJS Developer
- Usage of AngularJS with Angular UI to develop mobile-responsive web pages with dynamic UI elements
- Development of single page applications using AngularJS with UI-router
- Connection of the front-end of a web application written in AngularJS to a RESTful web service
CV #4 – Junior Angular Developer
- Implementation of two-way data binding using AngularJS
- Debugging of web application issues written in AngularJS
- Development of an online shopping web application using AngularJS and Angular UI
Hire AngularJS Developer or Aurelia Developer