Hire SFCC (Salesforce Commerce Cloud) Demandware Developer for Your Projects
Buying and selling products used to be done exclusively through physical stores, with customers having to visit different stores in different locations to complete their shopping needs. With today’s technology, however, the internet has become an avenue for business transactions that’s as legitimate as physical shops. E-commerce enabled buyers and sellers to connect and transact online, allowing customers to easily browse and purchase the products of different stores through their mobile phones or computers. Whereas physical store customers used to be confined to the local community, e-commerce has extended the reach of businesses to entire countries, or even to the entire world.
To aid in online shopping, several e-commerce platforms are available to provide convenient e-commerce services to businesses and customers alike. One of the more popular platforms is the Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and in this article, we take a look at this platform in great detail.
SFCC (Salesforce Commerce Cloud): An Overview
Released as Demandware in 2004, Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a cloud-based platform that provides e-commerce services to retailers around the globe. It aims to unify all essential software needs of retailers into one tool and streamline the user experience of online shoppers from browsing, to purchasing, to post-sale services. It was acquired by Salesforce in July 2016, prompting the name change. Since the acquisition is fairly recent, the name Demandware is still in use by many to refer to the platform.
The Commerce Cloud platform has two branches: the Commerce Cloud Store, which takes care of all in-store operational and point of sale requirements, and the Commerce Cloud Digital, which takes care of all online shopping requirements across different channels, platforms, and devices.
Commerce Cloud Digital
This component of Commerce Cloud aims to bring the best possible user experience to online shoppers by providing a unified online store application that is optimized for different platforms: websites, mobile applications, and social media. Among its defining features are:
- Powerful and Modern Storefront Application – Commerce Cloud Digital enables retailers to quickly build their storefront applications with modern, mobile-responsive designs, rich features, and support for different languages and currencies
- Full Customizability – These applications can be fully customized to fit the retailers’ needs by adding features such as rating and review systems and loyalty programs.
- Search Engine Optimization – This maximizes the visibility of the storefront application on the web by ensuring that it appears in search results on different search engines.
- AI-Powered Commerce – Commerce Cloud Digital uses Salesforce Einstein, Salesforce’s own Artificial Intelligence technology, in order to provide personalized product recommendations, customer behavior predictions, and data analytics.
Commerce Cloud Store
A lot of stores currently operate with several different and often disjoint systems to perform various business operations, and Commerce Cloud Store aims to address this segmentation. This in-store component of Commerce Cloud unifies everything retailers need to operate their physical stores into a single cloud-based system. This includes:
- Core point of sale software – This is the main software used by stores to facilitate customer purchases and transactions.
- Mobile point of sale system – This allows sales associates to perform various functions on their mobile devices as they interact with customers, including inventory checking, customer information lookup, and even processing of transactions.
- Unified store operations – The platform offers all other essential in-store operations such as inventory monitoring, cash management, and back-office functions.
- Endless Aisle – This feature gives sales associates access to the system inventory so they can offer out-of-store items to customers and prevent losing them due to out-of-stock or online-only items.
- Commerce Cloud Digital Integration – Commerce Cloud Store integrates seamlessly with Commerce Cloud Digital, fully unifying in-store and online shopping experiences.
Website analyzer BuiltWith reports 7,980 businesses using Demandware on their websites. Among the countries that use Demandware the most are the United States, China, UK, Canada, and Germany.
Built With Screenshot of Physical Locations of Businesses Using Demandware
Among the popular brands that use Demandware based applications are Adidas, Converse, L’Oréal, Puma, and Speedo.
Description of the Demandware Developer
Demandware team of developers is typically sought to help set up and maintain the Demandware systems of businesses. These Salesforce consultants are knowledgeable with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud software systems and are able to:
- correctly configure them based on individual business requirements,
- extend or modify their functionalities by developing scripts,
- integrate these systems with external applications,
- troubleshoot common problems with the software, and
- optimize the system’s performance on different platforms.
To become a legitimate Salesforce commerce cloud developer, however, one must first be certified by Salesforce itself.
However, this kind of certification is required for any Salesforce implementation consultant as well. These kind of specialists are required for situations when you need a custom solution for improved performance within your project. By hiring one you can be sure that you will receive a unique set of instructions, fit particularly for your situation and in accordance with other processes within your company.
Demandware Developer Certification
The Demandware Developer Certification, now called the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Digital Certification, is awarded only to Demandware developers who exhibit mastery of the skills that Salesforce deems necessary to be capable of properly using their products and maximizing their functionalities to the fullest. This certification ensures that, when setting up and maintaining their Salesforce Commerce Cloud systems, companies and businesses seek help only from developers who have really proven to be competent in Salesforce programming.
Previously, the Demandware certification had several tracks and levels, such as Developer, Advanced, and Architect certifications, but since its acquisition by Salesforce, there’s now only one certification for all Demandware developers. To acquire this certification, a developer must have at least three months of experience with the system, and must pass the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Digital Certification Exam. This exam tests the applicant’s abilities in many areas governing the platform, including:
- Deep understanding of how Salesforce Commerce Cloud works, and how the different elements in the system interact
- Ability to use the Demandware Open Commerce API, or Demandware OCAPI, as well as SOAP/ REST web services, to extend the system’s functionalities through widgets, as well as to integrate the system with external applications
- Ability to use Demandware Script API packages to control the behavior of the different site elements
Demandware Developer Projects
Initial Development of Demandware Application
If you are thinking to look for Salesforce developer for hire, you need some set of Salesforce developer skills. One of the first tasks businesses would require from a Demandware developer would be to create their e-commerce application from the ground up using the Demandware tool. This may involve using the tool to design and assemble their entire storefront application from start to finish.
- Full-stack development of a Demandware e-commerce application
- Building an e-commerce website for an active wear brand
Modification/Extension of an Existing System
- Demandware site customization and script extension
- Salesforce Development of Image Scanning Mechanism for a Shopping Site
Integration with External Systems
Businesses that use Demandware may also use other third party systems for their other business functions, and they may want to integrate these systems with their Demandware application to streamline their business operations.
- Integration of Demandware with Payment Platform Splitit via a Plugin
- Integration of Demandware with Amazon Alexa
Businesses may also seek Demandware experts not necessarily for Salesforce programming work, but to give them advice on how to go about implementing an e-commerce system into their business. This involves analyzing the whole business structure and the business’ market landscape to design the best possible architecture for the e-commerce system.
- Consultancy for Demandware with Magento experience
- Consultancy for an E-Commerce Project with Demandware Expertise
Let’s look more closely into Demandware integrations that retailers typically seek developers for. Also you need to take into consideration skills of such specialists as Salesforce integration consultant, as this type of employee might be of a big help when it comes down to your company’s processes optimization and performance improvement. Here are some of the common ones.
Demandware Salesforce Integration (Salesforce Demandware Integration) – Salesforce Commerce Cloud is just one of the many services offered by Salesforce, and it may be integrated with other Salesforce services, such as its Community Cloud and Marketing Cloud services.
Magento Demandware Integration – Magento is another e-commerce platform that competes with Demandware. However, some retailers may have existing Magento systems that they want to integrate with their Demandware systems, and these two platforms may be smoothly integrated.
Demandware PHP Integration – Several websites are written in PHP, especially those built using WordPress, a website builder and content management system based on PHP. As such, retailers may want to integrate their PHP websites with their Demandware systems.
Demandware Hybris Integration – Hybris is another e-commerce platform that also provides product content management services. Retailers that use both Hybris and Magento may want to integrate the two systems for a smoother experience.
Demandware Java Integration – A lot of websites are also written in Java, and many SOAP and REST web services are written in this language, so integrating Demandware systems with Java systems may be in demand for Salesforce Commerce Cloud developers.
Demandware Developers Resume Samples
To give you a clearer picture of what background and skill set to expect from Demandware developers, here are some typical Salesforce developer resume samples.
CV#1 – Senior Salesforce Developer Resume
- Analysis of business requirements of various retail stores to come up with well-planned architectures of their e-commerce systems
- Creation of controllers and use of Demandware OCAPI to extend functionalities of base Demandware systems
- Demandware Salesforce integration into applications with email services, online payment systems, and order management systems
- Modification of Demandware application logic related to products display pages, cart saving, and checkout processing
CV#2 – Middle Salesforce Developer Resume
- Salesforce development of online shopping web application for a clothing store with loyalty account and return/exchange features using Demandware
- Demandware development for a hotel chain with Demandware Salesforce integration to payment platforms such as credit cards and PayPal
- Enhancement of existing Demandware systems of various brands to add functionalities and integrate with third party systems
CV#3 – Junior Salesforce Developer Resume
- Integration of payment methods to Demandware applications
- Configuration of site preferences and creation of job schedules in Demandware web applications
Salesforce Developer Salary Comparison
One of the primary concerns when hiring developers is the cost. Let’s compare Salesforce developer salaries in different countries and see which country it would be wisest to hire Demandware developer from. In this comparison, we use PayScale, which gives us self-reported gross annual salaries in different occupations, and we examine the Salesforce developer salary, which can be relevant to senior Salesforce developer salary as well. The typical salaries of Salesforce developers are thus:
- the USA – $83,200
- the Netherlands – €50,050 ($61,200)
- Switzerland – CHF 87,429 ($90,800)
- Germany – €49,911 ($61,000)
- the UK – £44,660 ($61,900)
- Canada – C$72,887 ($58,400)
- Denmark – $67,000
- Finland – €52,377 ($64,000)
Though when you are turning to Salesforce integration consulting expect these numbers to go a little bit higher, as consultant’s job is a lot more complicated than developer’s and requires a broader set of necessary skills. However, higher prices, in this particular case, will eventually pay off in a form of a more sophisticated result.
Comparison of Average Annual Cost to Hire Salesforce Developer Remote from Different Countries (Sources: PayScale and Mobilunity)
Note that the above values are Demandware salaries received by developers who deal with Salesforce Demandware integration. When hiring developers from outsourcing or outstaffing companies, you will usually have to pay significantly more than if you hire Salesforce developer offshore in Ukraine, as some of your payment will go to the outsourcing company. Meanwhile, in Ukraine, our middle Demandware certified developer may be hired for only $4,200 per month, or $50,400 per year.
Clearly, hiring developers from a dedicated teams provider in Ukraine, such as Mobilunity, would give you significant savings as Demandware developer salary in Ukraine is much lower than in other European countries.
Hire Certified Demandware Developers Now
When starting to look how to hire Demandware programmer, you might encounter a few obstacles like the lack of talent pool in your city, high average salary certified Salesforce developer rates, lack of responsibility and flexibility of your workers. Nowadays there is more than one way to hire Demandware engineer who will be able to successfully implement the Salesforce platform architecture.
Local hiring is about hiring a Salesforce Demandware programmer according to your location. Despite its high cost, probably the highest among all the hiring solutions, direct hiring has some benefits. It guarantees that your future Salesforce team will be more engaged in the work process, as communication in the office between employer and employee is better. It also implies lowering of flight risks of employees, and higher confidentiality levels. At the same time, among cons of the local hiring are limits on workforce, very expensive costs and time-consuming.
Outsourcing as a solution implies hiring staff for Demandware implementation in your project. It is cheaper than direct hiring but still requires cost expenditures. Outsourcing agencies take all the accompanying coordination, payments of salaries, quality control etc during helping you to hire Salesforce engineer. Outsourcing is a guarantee of a disciplined team from the unlimited developer pool, and it is maintained in the shortest period of time. Its key drawback is lack of employer engagement in the process, late delivery of tasks, information disclosure, and cost.
Outstaffing is a hiring method of a remote workforce. An outstaffing company deals with recruiting and onboarding of experts for Salesforce eCommerce solution, but after onboarding procedures are completed, the company is responsible for communication with the Salesforce team of remote developers. The employer controls every phase of the development process and receives access to unlimited talent pool due to the absence of geographic restrictions. It implies no hidden fees and provides employers with powerful and skilled workforce for developing in Demandware.
Finding the right talent for Salesforce eCommerce integration of your project and trying to hire Salesforce programmer can be quite a challenge due to a few factors.
If you’re a store owner or a retailer, having a reliable and effective e-commerce system for your brand is a must in today’s competitive market. SFCC (Salesforce Cloud Commerce), also known as Demandware, is a safe choice to provide you with all your e-commerce needs. When looking to hire a Salesforce developer to set up, maintain, and modify your digital shopping system, you should only entrust your business to a certified Demandware developer. Luckily, you’re in the right place! Here at Mobilunity, we’ve got excellent certified Demandware developers to help you out. Situated in Ukraine, the remarkable talents of our developers are matched by equally remarkably low rates, so there’s no reason for you to look elsewhere in Europe!