Mobilunity is a Ukrainian-based and operated provider of software engineering teams. Our typical clients are European, American and Japanese startups and small-to-mid sized companies working with our teams as permanent and equal extensions to their own software departments. With our collaboration model, engineers get direct access to the client’s technical management and work hand-in-hand with their peers both on the client’s side and in Ukraine. We as the Vendor ensure all non-tech questions are solved in a supportive manner. Joining Mobilunity you will get the best from both worlds – strong support and a big community locally, and an ambitious international team.
On behalf of our client from the Caribbean region, Mobilunity is looking for an Infrastructure Architect.
Our Client’s company was founded in 1837 and has become the largest indigenous bank in the Caribbean region with operations in Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Ghana. Today, after more than 180 years of experience in financial services, our team is over 5,000 strong and we remain dedicated to our shared mission to deliver excellence to our customers, staff, shareholders, and the communities we serve.
Our Client’s company serves 14 countries/territories as the biggest Caribbean bank. However, many things are very outdated. The aim is to make this organization from a traditional bank into a new era of fintech, working on the edge of what current fintech may offer.
The Infrastructure Architect will play an important role in the Organization by designing, overseeing, and implementing the technology infrastructure that supports the strategic goals of IT and business. This role requires deep understanding of the Organization’s business equirements and IT strategy in order to develop a robust Technology Infrastructure backbone.
- Create and maintain the Infrastructure Architectural blueprints for the current, target and transition states
- Create and manage various Infrastructure Architecture views for Servers, Storage, Network, Data Centers, Cloud and other Infrastructure assets
- Create Infrastructure architectures that are secure, scalable, interoperable, resilient, modular and built for optimal performance and growth
- Work closely with the Business, Data, Application and Solution Architects to translate and align the business needs to Infrastructure Architecture outcomes
- Provide technical guidance and leadership in capacity planning for current and future state for Servers, Storage, Network and other Infrastructure components, both on-premise and on-cloud
- Define Infrastructure standards and guidelines and implement them through EA Governance
- Define and implement a process for Technology Currency management, patch and version upgrades
- Collaborate with Technology vendors and service providers to negotiate contracts, define Service Level Agreements (SLA) and stay informed on their new offering and updates for maximum leverage
- Provide support and leadership for performance analysis and tuning of business applications from underlying Infrastructure perspective
- Provide leadership and guidance to the project teams and implementation partners in areas of Infrastructure Architecture and technology implementation.
Must have skills:
- Minimum 10+ years experience as an Infrastructure Engineer in areas of Server, Storage and Network management
- Minimum 3+ years experience as Infrastructure Architect in large Organizations, preferably Banking or Financial Institutions
- Proficiency in designing and implementing robust Infrastructure platforms using Windows and Linux and mobile platforms
- Proficiency in Hardware, Software and OS level Virtualization using industry standard tools and technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V etc.
- Proficiency in sizing and capacity planning with Containerization and Orchestration tools such as Dockers, Kubernetes, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in capacity planning, performance tuning, bottleneck identification and resolution
- Infrastructure implementation experience in Cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS is a must
- Experience in Agile and DevOps methodologies, CI/CD, SDLC and Cloud Managed Services engagement models
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to document and maintain Infrastructure Architecture artifacts
- Ability to work individually and also in large teams across multiple entities
- Level of English – Upper-intermediate+
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or relevant fields
- At least one industry standard Infrastructure expert certification such as CCNP, CCNA, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, etc.
In return we offer:
- Open knowledge-sharing environment – exclusive access to a rich pool of colleagues willing to share their endless insights into the broadest variety of modern technologies
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance program designed to attend our teams’ needs
- Paid vacations and sick leaves, including 5 paid days per year that don’t require a sick note
- Fair salary and 100% taxes coverage – don’t worry about possible taxes raise – we will get you covered
- Perfect office location in the city-center (900m from Lukyanivska metro station with a green and spacious neighborhood) or remote mode engagement: you can choose a convenient one for you, with a possibility to fit together both
- No open-spaces setup – separate rooms for every team’s comfort and multiple lounge and gaming zones on all of the 3 floors
- English classes in 1-to-1 & group modes with elements of gamification
- Neverending fun: sports events, tournaments, music band, multiple affinity groups
Come on board, and let’s grow together!