Are MEAN Stack Developers the Same as Full Stack Ones?
Unsurprisingly, these different segments of web development also require different tools and technologies to handle them. There are, for instance, different programming languages available to write backend code, and different database systems to store data in.
Web development that’s involved in both the frontend and backend components of web development is called full stack web development. The stack term alludes to the layered or stack-like structure of data flow through the web.
The MEAN stack is simply a set of technologies that may be used for full stack web development.
MEAN Stack Developers: A Closer Look
Technologies in the MEAN Stack
The name “MEAN” is in fact an acronym for the four technologies that comprise the stack: MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js. It was first coined by MongoDB developer Valeri Karpov in a 2013 blog post on the MongoDB website, where he explained the advantages of using the four technologies in full stack web development.
One question then arises: Are MEAN stack developers considered full stack developers? The answer here, of course, is a resounding “Yes”. A MEAN stack developer is a full stack MEAN developer because he develops both the frontend and backend components of websites. However, the converse is not true: a full stack developer is not necessarily a MEAN full stack developer, because a full stack developer can use any technology stack for development, MEAN stack being just one of them. Other popular technology stacks are LAMP stack, Django stack, and Ruby stack.
Note that the actual order in which these technologies are positioned in the stack, from frontend to backend, is AngularJS → Node.js → Express.js → MongoDB, so ANEM would be a more accurate acronym that captures its stack order, but MEAN is used as it is a more memorable acronym. With this in mind, let’s take a look at each of the four technologies in the MEAN stack in the correct order, and examine the roles that each one plays in full stack web development.
Stats on AngularJS from Github.com
Read our article on how to hire Angular JS developers.
The most obvious advantage offered by Node.JS is uniformity of frontend and backend languages: since the same language can be used for both, it practically abolishes the wall that divided the two segments of web development. This directly translates to quicker and cleaner development. Moreover, it enables asynchronous programming, meaning it can perform independent processes without waiting for other processes to finish. This allows the program to scale to a large number of users, leading to large performance improvements compared to synchronous programming.
Check the list of CVs of Node JS developers for hire.
MongoDB is a database program and is among the most popular NoSQL databases, which are databases that store and model data in structures other than the tables used by relational databases such as MySQL. As opposed to the tabular structure of relational databases, MongoDB, being a document-oriented database, stores data as documents, which encapsulate all associated information corresponding to a specific database object.
Is MEAN Stack Developer Salary a Problem?
Denis M. – MEAN Developer (from our pipeline)
- Development of web applications with React, Node.js, AngularJS
- MEAN: MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, Node.js
- Mobile applications development using React Native (IOS + Android)
- Participation in UI / UX design prototyping (leading role in decision-making)
- Take a practice in a product management (business analytics, making decisions)
- Brand projects (See examples below)
- Design UI / UX interface with development using React
- booking tour trips, hotels, restaurants online magazines, blogs, theaters, cinema, music and other media
- online shopping (jewelry, clothing, accessories, electronics, luxury properties, alcohol)
- official websites of the big companies, persons (artists, photographers, singers and bloggers)
- social networks, cloud storage systems
- Prototyping UI / UX Web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in a modern Web-design
- Excellent subjective vision
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Google Map API, OpenLayers.
- Node.js: express, electrolyte, bootable, socket.io, mongoose, sequelize, passport, npm,
- UI: HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SCSS, UIKit, Bootstrap, SVG, responsive other JS: promises, Gulp, Browserify,
- JQuery, OOP, JSON.New skills: Webpack, Babel, React Native (8w), Redux
- Secondary skills: C#, .NET (2 years), ASP.NET MVC, Web Api, IoC/DI (Ninject)
- DB: MongoDB, MySQL, SQL Server
- Source control: git, Perforce
- IDE: VS, WebStorm
- Other: JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence, Activecollab, Linux, AJAX, REST, SSE, WebSockets, bower, ffmpeg.
CV #2 (from our pipeline)