Go Developer Salary in Different Countries
With the advent of the concept of Internet of Things (IoT), the demand of system software developers started soaring up in the marketplace. Initially, the majority of the software development work for the IoT was done through traditionally powerful languages like C and C++.
Later in 2009, Google developed a new platform known as GO, which was specifically created for the Go software development for the internet of things networks, while maintaining the main features of traditional programming languages. Slowly and gradually, the demand of hiring a Go developer has increased as the IoT took the stronger roots in the industries. In the present day market, the Go web programming language is becoming more and more popular in multiple domains of industries across the globe.
Let’s expand upon the Go web development, its popularity, demand of go development teams, and salaries of a Go engineer worldwide.
Introduction to Go Development and Its Popularity
The Golang functional programming language commonly referred to as ‘GO’ is an open source computer programming language. It was developed at Google by Robert Griesemer and his team of go engineers. The first GO version was released in 2012, and the latest stable version of the Go program released in February, 2019 is known as R 1.10.1. However, the announcement of Golang language was made in November 2009.
Golang is a statically type checking language for Go program verification of type safety through the analysis of the source code or text of the program. This language is fully equipped with the great features like structural typing, concurrent programming, garbage collection and others. It supports multiple operating systems, such as Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Windows, Solaris and others.
This language is intended for the software development of numerous network devices and equipment operation and interfacing with the Internet of Things (IoT) network. In IoT network, numerous types of devices, appliances, Golang network programming elements, and office equipment are connected through software interfaces to communicate within the IP based network globally. The syntax of this language resembles to the syntax of C language with a little modification to make it more precise and readable.
According to the Stackoverflow survey 2019, Go language is the 5th most loved computer programming languages in the present year. As far as the popularity of the Go language is concerned, there is an increasing tendency in the demand of Golang web development teams in the marketplace, as mentioned in the Google Go Survey report 2017. Meanwhile, the estimated number of Go users stands in the range of 3% to 4.6% of the total software developers across the world in 2017, according to Research.Swtch.Com report 2017. This is a very clear indication that a large number of software developers ranging in between 500 thousand to 900 thousand developers are professional Go users.
These facts and figures are very encouraging that the Go language is progressing very consistently in the domains of system programming, network programming, DevOps, network security and database programming. With the passage of time, the Go programmer salary is also increasing in all global markets, especially in the North American and European markets.
Where to Find the Best Go Developers and Go Development Teams?
There are many places where you can find the best Go developers; for example, you can use different forums and Go communities to contact with the expert Golang developers. Another important place to find the best Go developers is the online freelancer websites. There are many specific online websites that offer the profiles and contact information of great Go developers online. There are certain issues associated with the online or freelancer hiring of go programmers. The reliability and time dedication are two major issues with this kind of hiring process.
The traditional local way of hiring through local newspapers and other sources of media are also a useful tool to find out the great Go developers in your area. The local hiring has its own pros and cons. It is very lengthy and costly process to hire a good Go engineer locally. The legal issues, social security matters, government policies, and availability of skilled resources are some of the major constraints in the process of local searching of a good Golang developer.
The best tradeoff between local hiring and outsourced hiring is the outstaffing through third party contractors, who supply the skilled, qualified and experienced Go engineering teams that work dedicatedly for the specific project assigned to them. This kind of hiring is also powered by the proven reliability and guaranteed availability of the resources through third party Contractor Company, which fulfills all requirements of your contract signed with the outstaffing company.
You can choose great Ukrainian Go developers through Mobilunity Outstaffing Company at very reasonable prices. The Golang developer salary in Ukraine is much lower than many European and North American countries that make your projects more competitive in the marketplace.
Skills and Experience of a Great Go Developer
A great Go coder is a computer programmer with strong programming skills in C, C++ and Go languages along with the general knowledge of different types of devices, home appliances, security equipment, and office equipment and many other devices and tools commonly used in our day to day lives.
The programmer develops and integrates the software used by the nodes in a gigantic internet of things network connected through IP addresses and communication media. So, the programmer should have strong knowledge of different kinds of operating systems used by different devices used in the IoT network. The main skills what are necessary in the Golang developer resume and experience of a great Go developer are mentioned below:
Go Developer Salary in Ukraine and Worldwide – A Comparative Outlook
Ukraine is one the major hub of the technical resources, especially in the domains of engineering and information technology. The government policies and technical affinity of the local people towards IT makes it one of the most powerful places to hire computer programmers including Go developers. The Golang salary in Ukraine is comparatively low in many regions of the world.
Let’s have a look at the go programmer salary in different countries in the world.
The location and time zone of Ukraine is very suitable for many European and North American countries in terms of maintaining smooth communication and short travelling distance, if travelling is required. So, Ukrainian Golang developers are considered as highly desirable IT resources in the world in terms of numerous economical, business and technical aspects.
Golang Development Cost and Rate in Different Countries
IT sphere is not a cheap one, and if you need to hire Golang developer, you should plan your budget well. Luckily, there is a tip, which helps to save some money and get the IT products of outstanding quality. You can hire remote programmers from any point of the world, choosing them by their professional skills and cost.
How can you find the most cost-effective coders for your project? Let’s compare Golang cost in different countries and find out how to pay less for the same things.
- The USA. In the United States, Go developers earn on average $108,166 in a year. National average ranges from $95,242 per year for an engineer to $124,404.
- The UK. In Great Britain, the average developer salary is £42,933 per year, which is about $57,178. Costs range from £10,000 for junior specialists to £98,000 in case of the senior ones.
- Germany. Golang programming cost here is on average €59,189 per year, which is about $67,146. It ranges from €48,000 for inexperienced programmers to €73,000 for the senior engineers.
- Switzerland. In this country, Golang development cost is on average CHF 95,000 per year, which is about $94,848. The national average ranges from CHF 87,000 to CHF 110,000, depending on the location and the develope’s skills.
- Ukraine. in Ukraine, the average salary of the developer with Golang skills is $25,000 per year. The junior specialists earn about $12,000, while the senior ones can get up to $64,000 in a year. The median hourly rate is $11.00.
If you are looking for the most cost-effective decision for your project, pay attention to the developers from Ukraine. Golang development cost here is the lowest in comparison to other European countries. In the same time, you can find a huge pull of talents. The developers will create a clean and functional code using cutting-edge technologies. You get websites and applications of the outstanding quality and save up to 60% of costs.
Business Benefits of Go for Web Development
Although Golang has been created in 2009, it gained popularity only in 2012. Coders love it for small, but significant features, making it differ from other popular coding languages. You may not notice these features from the first glance, but for the programmer, working at your project, they can save weeks and months of work and make the development process more enjoyable.
If you need to hire Golang engineer, pay attention to such peculiarities as:
- GoDoc. The static code analyzing tool helps to create beautiful and clean documentation straight out of the code. It doesn’t require any other language like JavaDoc, PHPDoc or JSDoc if you need to annotate constructions in your code. English is the only language you use. GoDoc uses information from the code to outline, format and structure the documentation. Cross-references, code samples, and links help to control the system repository. The documentation engine is used by the whole community – every library or app has the same format of documentation. So there is no problem if you need to hire Golang programmer to work at the existing product.
- Static code analysis. Go for web development heavily relies on it in GoDoc, GoFmt used for formatting, GoLint for style listing and other points. Gometaliner helps to compose all the items into the one utility. In Go, the static code analysis is “brought to the absolute”.
- Testing and profiling framework. The built-in testing tool is designed for simplicity and efficiency. The coder gets the simplest API with minimum assumptions. It is used for various testing, profiling, and even for providing the executable code samples. The usage of it is as simple as running an ordinary Go test, but it supports running tests in parallel, marking them sipped and more features as well.
- Race condition detection. Race condition happens when some operations finish in an unusual order. It causes bugs, which are extremely hard to chase down. Concurrent programming helps to hunt these conditions down and make the development process faster and simpler.
- Learning curve. The experienced coders say it is possible to learn all the features of Go language in one evening. Great documentation and many examples in the official blog make it easy to cope even with the most tricky case. Go for web development gives access to the large community and libraries with the ready pieces of code.
- Reflection. The code reflection is important to access different types of meta-information about the language constructs, for example – variables of functions. The Go’s philosophy tells not to over-engineer your projects, and it is a significant benefit, although it seems challenging. One of the most popular advice for the developers is to stick to the static types and use interfaces when you are sure about the types of interfaces you are working with. The interfaces in Go are very powerful and ubiquitous.
- Being “opinionated”. If you want to hire Go programmer, who will not spend time for making decisions about code styling, choice of the testing library, structuring, and programming paradigms and approaches – you are on the right way. In Go, there is only one style line for everyone, only one built-in testing framework. However, these restrictions help to save tons of time, which the developers could spend on making decisions. As a result, coders get a more straightforward way to architect a new code.
- Scalability. Designed by Google©, Golang is a good option if you need a scalable application. Golang web programming gives you products, able to grow. As apps are turning bigger, they handle more and more tasks and smaller sub-tasks at the same time. Coders love Golang because it has many built-in features to handle concurrency – running many simultaneous tasks at the same time. Goroutines are these functions, capable of running processes concurrently with other functions. Channels help them to communicate with each other and determine the best possible way to complete the task.
- Automatic memory management. Or, simple garbage collection – it is a key feature of the language. When you choose Go web development, you can be sure that he will have full control over memory allocation. The coding language has reduced latency below 1ms in the latest version of the garbage collector. The algorithm runs concurrently with the program and uses a tricolor mark-and-sweep algorithm to achieve the best results.
How to Hire Golang Developer in Ukraine
Ukraine is one of the most popular destinations for IT outsourcing. It is a country, where you can hire Go engineer for the lowest cost in Europe. On the Ukrainian market, you have an access to a huge pool of talents. You can easily find a specialist with the necessary skills and experience, who has already worked in the international teams.
The business owners and startups from different countries choose to hire Go development team in Ukraine because:
- It is cost-effective. Go developer in Ukraine helps to save up to 60% of the costs for IT. Your business can use this money in other spheres.
- It is qualitative. When you hire Go developer in Ukraine, you get a specialist of the international level, able to achieve outstanding results in a relatively short time.
- It is comfortable. If you hire Golang developer from the Ukrainian company, you probably can communicate within working hours. It is possible thanks to the time zone. Ukrainian specialists work with American and European organizations without problems.
Looking for specialists from Ukraine? We know, how to help you. In Mobilunity you will find coders, ready to implement even your boldest ideas. You can hire a full-stack specialist for your project or work in cooperation with the devoted team under the leadership of the skilled and experienced project manager. It helps to save time and money: just give the idea and we will find out how to bring it to life. Hiring IT specialists from Ukraine has never been easier.
Top 5 Go Developer Interview Questions and Their Answers
The questions asked in an interview panel normally depend on the background of the interviewing panel and their project requirements. The questions may vary from person to person, from company to company, and from project to project. If we take a generalized approach for top 5 frequently asked interview questions about Go engineering, so it can be the following questions.
Question #1: How you will compare Golang with other commonly used languages in the IoT based programming?
Answer: Golang is a highly featured, easy to work with, and comparatively easy learning curve as compared to other major programming languages used for high-end programming.
Question #2: What do you set by using the GOPATH variable in the Golang language?
Answer: The GOPATH variable is used to point the tree/trees of the go packages.
Question #3: Which conditions of the Golang installation require the setting of GOROOT variables manually?
Answer: GOROOT variable is required to be set in two different installation conditions.
a). When you have multiple versions of Golang installed on your system
b). When you have transferred the Golang setup from another system or you have downloaded it as a binary package to install on your system
Question #4: Is string text modifiable in the Golang language and how would you modify it, if required?
Answer: Normally, string text is not modifiable in the Golang language. So you need to create a new string, if you want to. But, you are forced to modify the string text, you can use another capability called [ ] byte slice.
Question #5: What of the following options will you choose for the implementation of queuing feature in GO language that does not impact badly on the performance of the software?
- Type queue [ ]int
- Type stack [ ]int
- Slice Iteration pattern
- None of the above
Answer: Option C is the best choice because it does not reduce the performance, while the first two options are okay, but they will reduce the performance.
How to Hire Professional Go Developer through Mobilunity?
Hiring a professional Go developer that possess the required skills, experience and qualification is a tedious process and is influenced by the availability of resource, government policies, social security matters and legal issues. It may take long periods to successfully hire and on-board a great Go developer or a Go development team with the desired skills, experience and qualification.
So, to save the time, it is a good idea to outstaff the projects to the third party contracting company like Mobilunity Outstaffing Services Company. It helps you complete the entire hiring process in a short time and help you maintain all legal and government related matters on your behalf. You are 100% free to focus on your business goals to save you valuable time and increase your business bottom line.