Hire Django Developers Here and Now
Let us begin with the basics. Django is a Python framework which popularity rating claims to be the most popular programing language in 2018 among all Python developers for hire gaining more and more interest from the developing community.
What About Django Web Development?
Along with the rising popularity of Python, the demand for frameworks is growing as well. Unlike the language itself, Django offers more solutions ‘out-of-the-box’, saving both time and resources for development.
In 2017, Django was named the most popular Python framework and in 2018 it holds the same place, being only less popular than some of the libraries.
There are over 6 thousand websites powered by Django, not to mention the applications. Among the industries that prefer Django over other technologies and frameworks are business and industry, arts, shopping and multiple others.
In the geographical ratio, the prevailing number of websites built with Django are from USA, Russia, UK, Brazil and Spain.
What Makes Django Development So Solicited?
The philosophy of this framework is simple and it is based on the following criteria.
Offer Complete Solution
Not only does it have numerous ready-to-use solutions, but they all work perfectly well together. Moreover, the support of the Python/Django community and up-to-date documentation make the solution search so much easier.
Serve Many Masters
Being a well-adjustable framework, Django can be used for virtually any type of the project. One can develop help systems, CMS, new sites or even social media website using this framework. Due to improved integration with various client-side frameworks, Django can deliver the data in virtually any format/form, including but not limited to HTML, RSS, JSON, XML, etc. Moreover, the ability to adjust to one’s needs is corroborated by numerous Django packages and extensions.
Safe and Secure
Designed to avoid common issues and prevent security-related mistakes in development, Django offers automatic protection for websites. It prevents such issues like collecting the session info in cookies or storing the passwords directly rather than using a password hash. It has built-in protection against some of the most widespread forms of vulnerabilities like clickjacking, SQL injections or cross-site scripting/request forgeries.
Being a representative of “shared-nothing” architecture, Django provides the structure that allows one to scale any level needed. Independent parts and components allow adding hardware where it is needed to meet the specific demands (check examples of successful Django use for more information.).
Easier Maintenance and Reusable Code
The Django developer team believes that ‘do not repeat yourself’ principle not only help reduce the amount of code and unnecessary duplications but also promotes the use of functional ‘applications’ – code groups that serve as modules within the project or application.
Being a Python-based framework, Django can be used on numerous platforms, operating systems and has profound support levels within many web-hosting provides.
When Is Django Development the Right Choice?
While the practical applications of Django are countless, one needs to understand when this framework can serve the best. Django is the best choice if:
- the client needs an API back-end or web app;
- the minimum viable product should be delivered fast, changed and maintained accordingly;
- an app should be secure by default;
- a huge degree of scalability is expected;
- a client wants to integrate cutting-edge technology in the future (i.e. machine learning)
- you need an open-source technology with both support and proper documentation.
Django is one of the frameworks that allow rapid application development and was designed according to that methodology. If a client needs a secure web service, Django can be of a significant use as well.
Benefits of Django as a Framework
- Open-source and free, with simple syntax and numerous ready solutions
- Model-View-Controller core architecture;
- Middleware support;
- HTTP libraries, extensions, and packages
- Python unit test framework
- Great community
What Types of Projects Can Be Done with Django?
Django developers for hire are typically asked to join the the teams that can be working on one of the following projects:
- Complex B2B CRM systems;
- CMS for both internal and commercial use;
- Communication platforms and apps;
- Booking engines (with both high load and traffic);
- Platforms for data analyses and complicated calculations (for Finance domain);
- Document administration platforms, etc.
Sometimes, a company needs to hire Django developer to create just a part of the existing system, such as:
- Algorithm-based generators that work with stored or uploaded data;
- E-mailing solutions;
- Verification systems;
- Filtering systems that can handle dynamically changing rules and advanced parameters;
- Data-analysis solutions.
As you can see, the practical applications are endless. However, how does this work in real life?
Examples of Django-Based Projects
Among the well-known projects that use Django are Instagram, National Geographic, Knight Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, Open Knowledge Foundation, Pinterest, and many others. In order to display the full potential of this framework, let us present 5 services that utilize Django.
- Instagram. No need for formal introduction, as there is barely any human being who hasn’t heard of this photo/video sharing platform. Along with huge traffic, complex architecture and constant for change (i.e. the introduction of Instagram for business, advertising, live video communication, etc.) this is a great example if highly-scalable system.
- Disqus. One of the Django-powered projects that integrate well with other systems and allow users to initiate and moderate website-based discussions.
- Spotify. Disruptive technologies changed the way we see everyday life, meaning the ‘access over ownership’ approach to music as well. Spotify has chosen Python to run both back end and machine learning mechanisms.
- Prezi. This service provides an online presentation software that revolutionized the traditional slide-by-slide presentations.
- Dropbox. Based primarily on Python for cloud and desktop app, Django is used for synchronization, storing and sharing options.
How Much Does Django Development Cost?
Generally, the cost of development is calculated via a simple formula. List the number of features required by an app (or project), estimate the time needed for development (best way is to take the pessimistic approach and take the longer timeframe) and multiply them by an hourly rate of the developer.
This formula works for projects with known explications or apps that rely on estimated solutions. Let us take a look at several examples and their estimates.
WhatsApp Development Cost
Imagine a situation that you need an application similar to a well-known instant-messaging platform. A typical feature list would include:
- Profile (both registration and setting up);
- Account settings;
- Chatting (both sending/receiving and settings);
- Notifications ;
- Data usage (WiFi/cellular).
According to these estimations, an app like that would require development within the 769 to nearly 1000 hours for the server side of the application. This does not cover research phase, design or maintenance of the project.
Cloning an Instagram: Estimated Development Costs and Timeframe
Or let’s assume, you would like to clone one of the most prominent social media applications and create your own Instagram. The cost of development for the server side of application will be calculated based on the number of features requested, such as:
- Authorization (registration + authentication)
- Profile (create, customize, set the account type)
- Messaging (single dialog, group chats, reactions, media)
- Settings adjustment (profile settings, view, saving, etc.)
- Photos customization (editing photos within the app)
- Social media integration (publish to other social media, integration with third-party APIs)
- Geolocation (access to device native features)
- As well as advanced search (various parameters and criteria).
So, the source predicts that for the known features, the development of the server side of application will take around 650 to 1000 hours. However, this does not include UI/UX services and client-side development and deployment.
Well, if you would require an application of a different type, let us take a look at Uber. An app like that is different as it has two various interfaces for both participants.
It means that one would have to know the features needed for passenger, for the driver, and features that are the same for both of these users. Codementor estimates that a passenger-side development would require around 420-525 hours, while the driver’s interface would take approximately 305 to 385 hours.
Again, this is just the back-end development with an estimated 725 to 910 hours for the features listed above. If you add designing phase with 150-200 hours for great UI/UX, dashboard development for administration (extra 60-80 hours), we are looking and 950 to 1200 hours. You can estimate the cost for your country using the Salary section below.
As you can see, the length and therefore cost of development is defined by the requirements of the specific product, so the better client knows what is needed, the more precise the initial calculations can be. However, there are also several factors that can undermine the initial estimations.
- Social or political changes. For example, the introduction of GDPR changed the way many companies collect, process and store personal data.
- Deviation from initial requirements. In most cases, this is inevitable, as the probability of perfect planning and estimation are low. However, it requires additional time to adjust the development process and adapt to new requirements.
- ‘Bus factor’. In software development, the bus factor is the name for the knowledge-sharing issues within the project. Roughly, it suggests ‘how many people have to be hit by the bus for the project to go down’, meaning that lack of sharing (both knowledge and vision) slows down the process.
Django Developer Resume Sample
If the company is looking for Django developers for hire, they need to know what to look for in Django developer CV.
If you are looking for a Django developer, hire the one whose expertise fits the profile best.
Demand for Python/Django Developers
As the popularity of Python as a language, and Django as its main frameworks rises, so will the market demand rise. As for the end of January 2019, Indeed had over 580 job offers listed. LinkedIn offers almost 560 positions in or near European Union.
So the question arises: if the technology is so popular, what are the compensation rates for both Django web development and Django app development?
What Is the Django Developer Salary in Different Countries?
As we have discussed earlier, the cost of development is primarily defined by the Django developers salary. As Django is a Python framework, let’s have a look at median results for a software developer with Python skills according PayScale.
|Switzerland||CHF 69,319||from CHF 69,319|
As much as we all like well-structured data, there is some explaining required in this case.
What Does It Mean?
For better understanding, we are going to take the USA as an example. In the United States, Django developer hourly rate is about $25.94. This means a programmer hired will have some experience with Python (most likely 2 or 3 years) within a project or two. Let’s break it down even more, as junior Django developer salary per hour is $25.19, a developer with more experience is usually paid $38.96 for an hour, whereas a senior Django developer salary reaches approximately $95,399 per annum (with a typical $46.00 hourly rate). In Canada, an hourly rate reaches C$25.22 (~$19.03). In Europe, the prices vary based on the country. For example, in the United Kingdom, a Django programming salary scores an average hourly £22.50 (~$29.59) for a mid-level expert. Switzerland can provide such services for approximately CHF 33.3 (~$33.57), while in Germany developer offer their expertise at a medium rate of €16.00 (~$18.30) per hour. On contrary, in Ukraine Django salary is lower, with an hourly $11.00 rate.
As you can see, a Python/Django salary varies significantly, based on the country and level of the developer in question. It means, that with the same level of expertise, the US or Swiss Django web developer salary will increase the costs of the final product significantly.
For the sake of objectivity, here is the search results list for Django freelance hourly rate on one of the biggest platforms. If we choose the developer with at least an 80% success rate, we can see that their rates will vary from $11 all the way up to $120 per hour of the services delivered. However, please, read the next section where we discuss the hidden charges that freelance might come with.
Why Is It Important?
Modern projects demand fast development, meaning you need not a single developer, but a dedicated team working on your project. As we have estimated in the section with samples, your typical application requires from 300 to 900 hours to deliver a minimum viable project. It would take around 7.5 to 22.5 weeks for a single developer to complete the task.
Why Should You Hire Django Teams?
Apart from the obvious time-related matter, the proper team composition allows you to:
- Save money. You won’t have a senior developer dealing with simple tasks, thus they will be able to focus on delivering complex solutions.
- Find better solutions. As much as we love the young blood, some decisions can only be made by a Django developer with much experience.
- Find the right approach. Sometimes, when a company needs an innovative solution that is not strictly limited by a deadline, an R&D team can offer a prototype for a client to test and decide whether the choice was made correctly and change the course of action if needed.
Apart from these reasons, a well-structured Django team has better performance rates compare to a single developer as seniors tend to oversee the process, and juniors provide energy to the project.
Freelance vs Remote vs In-House Django Developer
Sometimes, for the sake of saving the money, companies tend not to hire an in-house team, but rather trust third parties. However, is it safe? Can the company trust the not-well-known company with their development? Let’s discuss both pros and cons of each type of services and decide together.
Pros and Cons of Hiring In-House Employees
The type of the project defines the needs of the company who is going to hire Django developers. If the requirements or policies demand only in-house personnel, there is very little one can do. However, prepare yourself for both benefits and drawback of such cooperation.
Pros of In-House Django Development Services
- Long-term investment in the team that will provide maintenance;
- Physical presence and one-on-one communication;
- The chance to get to know the person;
- Easier onboarding and transition for a new team member.
Cons of In-House Django Programmer
- Higher compensation rates;
- Additional expenses for the workplace, vacations, sick leaves, training, etc.
- Limited tech pool to choose from.
If there are no limits or specific requirements on the team that has to develop the project, there are two options: either look for a freelancer to complete the task or choose a remote developer/company to deliver services.
Reasons to Hire an In-House Django Developer
Let’s be honest, every company would like to get a well-developed product for as little money as possible. This is not the matter with in-house teams, so why companies choose this form of cooperation.
- Domain restrictions. When it comes to healthcare or similar industries, privacy and security are two major concerns, so many companies are forced to hire only in-house personnel.
- Contract requirements. If the company has a government or state-related contract they will be bound to have an on-site team.
- Business model. Some companies just love heaving team members around, creating the family-like atmosphere, so they choose to hire developers within their own location.
When Should You Hire Django Programmer Online?
When it comes to freelance opportunities, many people have both their fears and myths they believe in.
Benefits of Freelance Development
- A wide pool of developers. When it comes to freelance, it is much easier to find a Django expert with proper qualifications and experience in the particular field
- No need for training. Generally, you hire an expert who does not need any extra knowledge to complete the project.
- The possibility of previous experience. Most online platforms allow you to review the feedback from clients, as well as specify the needed background or knowledge base for a developer.
Drawbacks of Freelance
- The probability of lower standards of code delivered. While there is no code review and freelancers do not have to comply with international standards and/or best practices of the industry, the final product needs proper validation.
- Costs may change, vary or even be higher. If the developer has started working on a long-term project for you, they can change the prices in the process.
- Complicated control. Most freelancers either cannot or do not want to sign the contracts that secure the deal and the details, so the responsibilities and details of the cooperation are mostly discussed in the letters/messages.
Reasons to Choose a Freelance Django Developer
The reason is primarily one: to have a small-product delivered with no extra expenses. This work for simple applications and web products, with no complex architecture or unique solutions.
Pros and Cons of Hiring Remote Django Developers
The third option is to hire a remote developer or a dedicated team to complete the project using the services of a company. We are not talking about delegating the services to a third-party, but rather about outsourcing (including nearshoring and offshoring) of development.
- Worldwide tech talent pool. Not having to choose from the local community, one can easily access numerous specialists from other countries. An expert can have exactly the skills and knowledge required to complete your project.
- Reduced costs. Generally, the outsourcing is much cheaper, plus the company that provides the services tend to take care of bonuses, vacations, health care expenses, as well as a workstation, rents, etc.
- Strict regulations. While working with a Django company, the contract defines terms of cooperation, including the deadline and acceptance criteria.
- Predictable expenses. Unlike freelance, remote cooperation is defined by contracts in terms of compensations as well. Have a look at the compensation rates in Ukraine (as a common remote Python development partner)
It means that even in the long-term cooperation, the rates can be well-foreseen and accounted for.
- Complicated conversation. Due to the time difference and the fact that most remote developers are not native English speakers, the communication process might be a bit confusing.
- Lower chances of personal communication. Most companies that hire remote personnel never meet them in person, as the cost of the on-site meeting is high and drain extra funds from the budget.
Reasons to Hire Dedicated Django Developer Remotely
Apart from the obvious financial aspect and a wider pool of experts, you can also:
- Create the team composition that will be best for your project
- Work with experts in their area
- Receive a well-developed final product without having to employ the whole team when you are done.
How to Hire a Django Developer in Ukraine?
As Ukraine is one of the primary outsourcing destinations, have a look at the benefits we can offer.
As for the employment process, an expert in Django web services can be either found via online platforms (for a freelance developer) or via a company who delivers Django services. A typical process looks like:
- You contact the company and explain the task;
- You receive the offer from a company about terms, team composition, deadlines.
- You decide whether you agree, and, if so, sign the contract.
- The company find the developer/team and oversees the Django programming process.
- You receive the final product within the given timeframe.
Seems easy, doesn’t it? However, the next question is: how do you choose the company you can trust?
Why Choose Mobilunity as Your Django Development Company?
Having to work with clients all over the world, Mobilunity has not only gained its reputation for delivering the impeccable services but also managed to adapt to each and every project. Among things that every client is entitled to are:
- Reasonable and clear pricing policy, based on the needs of the project.
- excessive supply of developers to fulfill any team composition required for the Django web service.
- Prime quality of the code, testing, and project communication.
- Timely delivery within every project.