Hire Kotlin Developer
Since its development, Kotlin has become a highly popular programming language among developers. Due to its many benefits, businesses are also increasingly looking to hire Kotlin Android developers to develop innovative and advanced software. These developers have the knowledge and skill to create highly effective software to improve business success.
Why Kotlin Developers Are Using Kotlin: Quick Overview
What Does a Kotlin Developer Do
Since its launch, Kotlin has grown in popularity among businesses. In fact, in 2019 Google announced that it was now the most preferred programming language for Android developers. According to Statista, Kotlin is one of the world’s fastest-growing programming languages. But why are so many developers opting for Kotlin? Due to Kotlin’s incredibly concise nature, a Kotlin android developer expert can use it to create server-side, client-side web and Android developments. There are plenty of other advantages that Kotlin offers which make these developers highly sought after.
Hiring Kotlin developers will bring your company the following benefits:
- Increase team efficiency. The Kotlin programming language is clear and compact. Thanks to its intuitive syntax, developers’ productivity is increased as it takes fewer lines and less time to deploy working code.
- Save time through easy maintainability. Almost all of the integrated development environments (IDEs) currently available, provide support for Kotlin. This saves time as it eliminates the need for learning new IDEs.
- Ensure less downtime. Kotlin has a more compact codebase, which allows for fewer errors and stable code. A Kotlin developer is typically also highly skilled in bug fixes and errors, so any possible errors are addressed at compile-time and not at run-time.
- Are more reliable. Kotlin is a more mature programming language. When hiring a Kotlin developer, you have peace of mind that they are developing using a highly reliable language.
- Save labor on everyday tasks. Kotlin offers several highly convenient features that improve every-day development tasks, so Kotlin developers can complete jobs without too much effort and delay.
Pros and Cons of Extending Your Team with a Kotlin Developer for Hire
With the increase in Kotlin’s popularity, more businesses may be interested in investing Kotlin developers for Android development. But how do you know if it is the right option for your business? Before making a decision, first, consider the pros and cons of Android development with Kotlin.
The pros of Kotlin:
- It is more concise. When comparing Kotlin web development to other programming languages, including Java, it is a lot more concise and the same problems can easily be solved with fewer lines of code.
- It is safer. Kotlin generally has fewer bugs and the Kotlin compiler implements several checks, avoiding any runtime errors and decreasing the cost and effort of error fixes.
- It is more reliable. Kotlin is more mature compared to other famous conventional programming languages. It has undergone many Beta and Alfa stages prior to its final version, making it more stable and reliable.
- It is compatible with existing code. Kotlin is 100% Java-compatible, which makes it possible to slowly move to Kotlin or to use both languages within the same project.
- It is easier to maintain. Kotlin supports lots of IDEs, so you can use any development tools you’re comfortable with for maintaining your codebase at scale.
The cons of Kotlin:
- Slower compilation speed. Sometimes, Kotlin faster than Java in a compilation, however, in some instances, it may be slower than its predecessor (Java).
- Fewer resources available. Unfortunately, there is a limited community of developers available, which leads to restricted resources for learning Kotlin and resolving queries.
The Roles and Responsibilities of Kotlin Developers
The main responsibility of a Kotlin engineer is to develop applications. Other responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring that the applications have an effective UI design. Kotlin developers are required to develop apps that feature high-quality, easy-to-use UI designs.
- Ensuring apps are tested often for errors. Bugs and errors can appear at any time. Kotlin developers have to regularly monitor and test apps to ensure effective operation.
- Maintaining live apps and upholding code quality. Kotlin developers are required to manage live apps and uphold the code quality at all times.
- Working with Java and Kotlin. Migrating projects from Java to Kotlin, or implementing both into development processes.
The demand to hire Kotlin Android developers is currently high. Candidates who want to enter the field require certain skills. These typically include:
- Proficiency in Java and Kotlin as programming languages.
- Proficiency in Android app design.
- Well-versed in testing techniques.
- Knowledge in debugging and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in UI design.
Samples of a Typical Kotlin Developer Resume
Here are examples of resumes for a junior Kotlin developer, middle Kotlin developer and senior Kotlin developer:
Junior Kotlin Developer Resume Sample
Middle Kotlin Developer Resume Sample
Senior Kotlin Developer Resume Sample
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Kotlin Developers
The annual average Kotlin developer salary ranges largely from country to country. Looking at the average Java programmer salary, the salary of a Kotlin programmer is also significantly lower. Let’s compare a few Kotlin developer salaries in different countries:
Evident from the data, a Kotlin developer for hire earns significantly more in other countries compared to Ukraine. Hiring from Ukraine can, therefore, save your business a lot of capital that can be spent in other parts of your business.
Why Ukraine Is a Top Destination for Hiring Kotlin Engineers
In recent years, Ukraine has become one of the top countries in the world to hire Kotlin developer and other programmers. There are plenty of reasons for this, including:
- Affordability. As mentioned previously, the average salaries of software developers in Ukraine is much lower compared to other countries. Therefore, businesses can hire talent from Ukraine without spending a fortune.
- High level of education. Over the last few years, Ukraine has put in a lot of effort and money in educational programs. As a result, most Ukrainians have an excellent educational background.
- Excellence and extensive expertise. Ukraine takes pride in offering some of the best talent in the world. Ukraine ensures their software developers are highly skilled and have plenty of experience working on high-quality projects.
- Strong work ethic. Ukrainians are known for their strong work ethic. Software developers always put clients first and always go the extra mile to ensure a high level of productivity.
Why Choose Mobilunity as Your Kotlin Development Company
Mobilunity is a top mobile and Kotlin web development company offering outstaffing solutions in Ukraine. We offer a high concentration of highly skilled and experienced developers, proficient in a variety of programming languages, including Kotlin. Over the years, Mobilunity has provided some of the best Kotlin developer remote for prominent foreign companies to work on large and complex software projects. Our outstaffing services have become increasingly popular due to a large range of benefits. The benefits that make us a top Kotlin application development company include:
- Attractive rates with no extra costs: No hidden or extra HR or admin costs involved.
- Access to top talent in the world: Get access to developers with excellent skills and experience.
- A high level of flexibility: Hire developers as and when needed.
- Easy scalability of a team: Grow or decrease your team when needed.
- Increased productivity: Developers focus on one project.