Hire Power BI® Developer in Ukraine
Who is a Power BI® developer, and why are many companies eager to hire one? What skills and experience should a Power BI® consultant have, and where to find Power BI® developers? In this article, we discuss the answers to these questions and more.
Business Intelligence (BI) in a Nutshell
Nowadays, every company has to process huge amounts of information that need to be structured and stored somewhere to bring value and drive data-based decision-making. Such data, when processed correctly, becomes a crucial source of information for the company’s development, fine-tuning business strategies, increasing profitability, mitigating risks, etc.
Business intelligence (BI) is a set of practices that help organizations turn raw data into valuable insights and trends. However, Business Intelligence is not only about methodology but also tools and technologies that allow companies to make business decisions based on data analysis.
By having a BI developer working with such data using BI platforms and building BI solutions, organizations can get their data gathered, sorted, analyzed, and transformed into detailed and comprehensive reports. Without a BI specialist, companies won’t be able to reap all the benefits of the data they actually have at hand. That’s why many companies already use or plan to implement BI solutions for their businesses, as highlighted by Forbes.
Hiring an experienced Power BI® developer may be challenging. Let professionals recruit a real talent for your company! Hire with Mobilunity!
What Is Power BI®, and Why It Is in Demand
In short, Power BI® is a business intelligence tool created by Microsoft that features content packs for processing different types of data and ensures the best visualization of the resulting insights.
With this tool, Power BI® programmers can:
- Work with data from different sources, including structured and unstructured data, web files, CSV files, SQL Server;
- Filter and process this data utilizing a single standardized data model, embedded queries, and dashboard reports with the content packs;
- Build visual graphs, reports, and dashboards to present the analyzed information and turn it into tangible business insights.
The popularity of PowerBI® is undoubtful since this tool allows securely publishing reports to your organization and setting up an automatic process refresh to work with the latest data available. By utilizing this tool, organizations can get valuable easy-to-understand data-based insights and make further data-driven business decisions.
The main Power BI® products include:
- Power BI® Desktop (a rich hybrid data web app and reporting tool. It is a one-stop-shop with real-time data updates across all devices, giving businesses a complete view of the most important metrics. It allows combining data from separate databases, files, and web services using visual tools. This helps to process even large quantities of data at high speed and get results fast);
- Power BI® Mobile (available on mobile devices, so it’s possible to keep an eye on data changes using PowerBI® mobile apps);
- Power BI® Report Server (an on-premises report server with a web portal that allows creating, managing, and displaying PowerBI®, paginated, mobile reports, and KPIs);
- Power BI® Embedded (for building reports, dashboards, and analytics in your own software without PowerBI® branding);
- Power BI® Premium (advanced features for BI accuracy, big data processing, self-service BI, advanced analytics, a per-user license);
- Power BI® Pro (for conducting data-driven collaborations and building a data-driven culture within the company).
The Benefits a Power BI® Developer Can Bring into Company
One of the main advantages of using PowerBI® for businesses is it allows storing and processing all the data in one place, meaning getting the fullest information gathered and analyzed. The results and insights received from the processed data can help a company to identify its strength and weaknesses, benefit from trends and forecasts, mitigate potential risks, optimize department-based operations, and much more.
Thanks to one tool, an organization can get actionable business insights relevant to different areas of performance and operations. It is, however, not possible to gain the maximum benefit of the PowerBI® tool without having a PowerBI® expert at hand who knows how to work with data and how to present the results in the best way.
With the help of a PowerBI® programmer who can build BI solutions and create charts and reports with the data processing results, a company can increase revenue by streamlining processes and fixing gaps, focusing on its benefits, and avoiding potential pitfalls. While SMBs usually hire one Power BI® engineer, large-scale corporations usually hire a full-scale Power BI® development team to be able to work with such amounts of data.
Power BI® Programmer Roles and Responsibilities
Unquestionably, a Microsoft Power BI® developer must have top-notch analytical skills and technical knowledge of data processing. But a well-qualified PowerBI® developer should not only have the skills and in-depth knowledge of using the PowerBI® platform. Such professional should be experienced enough to be able to work simultaneously with finance, risk, marketing, logistics, procurement, and information technology departments to be able to collect and process relevant data correctly. Sometimes, PowerBI® engineers work closely with an Azure solution architect or analytics team to work with data and generate reports needed.
Since a PowerBI® developer constantly operates large amounts of data, such programmers have good SQL knowledge for data management and know well the concepts of a corporate data warehouse, data models, ETL, OLAP, and much more. That is why some companies may want to hire MS SQL developers to take onto BI solutions as well.
The responsibilities and key skills for Power BI® developer usually include:
- Analyzing data for creating reports with actionable business insights received upon data processing;
- Developing ETL processes, organization of data warehouses, and data marts for loading into a BI tool;
- Optimizing raw data processing;
- Building dashboards and reports using BI tools and processed data;
- Adjusting and optimizing reports structure for enhanced readability and clarity;
- Power BI® custom visuals development.
Let’s now take a look at some statistics involving PowerBI® job specifics, as well as a resume sample of a Senior certified Power BI® developer.
- Average PowerBI® developer annual salary – $94,627
- Job growth rate – +9% annually (according to Google Trends in the US)
- Job openings – 11,129 (as per ZipRecruiter real-time data in the US)
Senior Power BI® Developer Resume Example:
5 Main Interview Questions to Ask a Power BI® Developer
In recent years, the amount of developers to hire has increased significantly. As a result, it has become quite tricky to know if the candidates you are looking to hire have the right skills, knowledge and experience. One way to ensure you hire dedicated PowerBI developer candidates with the right abilities for your project is to conduct a series of interviews.
When doing interviews before you hire BI developers, it’s crucial to ensure you research which questions are the most important to ask. Here are five of the top interview questions to consider:
- What is your experience with similar projects?
When you hire dedicated PowerBI developer experts, you want to make sure they have good experience with projects similar to yours. It’s essential to ask them to explain in detail their role and responsibilities on the project and the type of timelines they worked with. This will give you a great idea of their experience, as well as their level of productivity.
- What are some of the tools and resources you use in Power BI development?
Developers work with different programming and software tools. When you hire dedicated PowerBI developers, you want to make sure they have the right technical abilities. For example, Power BI developers should be skilled in reporting (Power BI), data pipeline (PySpark), SQL and some programming languages such as Python. They should also have a strong ability to develop, document and create data models.
- Explain how you communicate in your role as a Power Bi developer.
One of the most important aspects to consider when you hire Power BI developer experts is to ensure they can communicate effectively. Communication is a key part of project success because it ensures everyone is on the same page when it comes to task completion. Ideally, Power BI developers should be familiar with one or more popular online communication tools and have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Explain how you deal with challenges when it comes to the development process.
All development projects encounter different types of challenges along the road. It’s crucial for developers to know how to deal with these challenges correctly before they become big problems. Listen carefully to how candidates talk about fixing issues. For example, do they break down the situation? Do they know when to ask for help? And how do they respond if ideas for solutions don’t work out?
- Describe your ideal environment as a Power BI developer.
To find out if a developer will fit into your company’s culture and way of working, you should ask them about their ideal working environment. When you hire PowerBI developer professionals, this question will give you a good idea of the trust, safety, cooperation, accountability, and equity the developers are looking for. Keep in mind that not all partnerships between businesses and developers always work. Therefore, it’s essential to confirm work environment expectations before going through the hiring process.
If you’re looking to hire dedicated Power BI developer experts, you want to make sure you use a reputable hiring partner offering suitable Power BI consulting rates. With over 10 years of experience, Mobilunity is a reliable and experienced outsourcing company specializing in providing highly skilled and knowledgeable developers and other IT specialists. We work with clients big and small to help them achieve success when it comes to hiring the right talent.
Analyzing Power BI® Developer Salary Rates in Different Countries
Let’s compare the monthly salary rates of PowerBI® engineers in different countries. The data below is based on ZipRecruiter and PayScale data and our Recruiting Team analysis of the most popular local job portals.
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could not be entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
As you can see, the salary of a PowerBI® expert depends on the location significantly. This is one of the reasons why many companies consider outstaffing services and tend to hire Ukrainian experts known for their exceptional programming and analytical skills, as highlighted in the TopCoder statistics.
Hiring Locally vs Remotely: The Best Choice for Your Company
Not all companies require a full-time PowerBI® specialist for their business. In some cases, it is more beneficial to work with an experienced PowerBI® consultant on demand. In other cases, having a top-notch PowerBI® team working full-time remotely may open access to the expertise not available locally and come as a cost-effective solution at the same time.
- If you run a company loaded with IT and operational processes, and you need to process big data constantly, it is better to consider hiring a Power BI® support engineer full-time that will take care of the data storing, sorting, and analysis. Otherwise, a high-quality PowerBI® consultancy one in a quarter or so may be enough.
- While hiring locally will allow you real-time communication, given the current pandemic realm, having an expert working remotely may either be a convenient option. At the same time, by expanding the recruiting pool to other locations outside your region, you get access to a much wider talent pool.
- To avoid the risks of working with unreliable IT experts, many companies tend to hire Power BI® developer with the help of reputable outsourcing/outstaffing agencies. This allows building a Microsoft Power BI® team of programmers with the exact skill set and experience needed, scaling the team if needed, and avoiding recruitment and further management headaches.
Among the most popular outsourcing and outstaffing destinations for hiring PowerBI® experts, Ukraine shines brightly. As already mentioned, Ukrainian programmers are highly valued for their coding skills worldwide, and the salary rates of IT experts in Ukraine are significantly lower than in Western Europe or the US.
What’s more, as mentioned in the KPMG report, Ukraine is known as an outsourcing haven thanks to its convenient geographical location and time zone for businesses with European headquarters, a large and well-educated IT talent pool (200,000+ IT specialists), good transport infrastructure, and low operational costs involved.
Mobilunity as Your Reliable Power BI® Consulting Firm
If you are in search of a reputable Power BI® consulting company with many years of experience in the global market, you’ve come to the right place. Mobilunity is a Ukrainian IT outsourcing and outstaffing company well-known on the global market for its top-level dedicated IT solutions.
Mobilunity has been operating on the global market for 10+ years, providing dedicated development teams and consulting solutions, including Power BI® consulting services, to businesses of any scale in any part of the world.
Our experts at Mobilunity know the best practices of building a Power BI® team and use our time-tested methods to source and recruit the best-matching candidates for a particular company. We are happy to see that clients note our professionalism and unmatched quality of services.
Should you need a SQL developer Power BI® or Microsoft SharePoint developer, you can rely on our high-quality outstaffing solutions and dedicated approach.
Ready to hire a Power BI® developer? Contact Mobilunity and find the right expert for your company!
Microsoft® PowerBI® is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Mobilunity is not related to, affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by the Microsoft Corporation.