How Much Does It Cost to Hire Ionic Developer?
As hybrid application development with the mobile industry have a steady rise, mobile application development has become increasingly competitive. The pervasiveness of mobile devices and the widespread use mobile applications among the global population has made smartphones a perfect avenue through which businesses can interact with their customers and clients. Companies can offer their products and services via mobile apps and significantly increase their customer base. As a result, the role of mobile application development in driving the growth of businesses has never been more important.
One caveat of mobile app development is the presence of a multitude of mobile operating systems in existence, the most notable of which are Android, iOS, and Windows. The classical problem is that developing an app that runs on all these platforms requires a separate development effort for each operating system which will require the use of each system’s native language, a practice known as native mobile app development. Thankfully, hybrid application development emerged as a way for developers to create cross-platform applications from just a single codebase.
In this article, we take a look at Ionic, a platform that enables hybrid mobile app development.
Reasons Ionic Developer is Demanded
Created by the company Drifty Co. in 2013, Ionic is a fairly recent open source framework that has since established its brand as an able hybrid application development framework. Drifty previously was focused on building UI tools for web and mobile, and was eventually driven by customer feedback to create a full hybrid mobile creation tool that would focus on maximizing performance.
Ionic integrates deeply with Apache Cordova, utilizing it to deploy applications to different operating systems once app development has been completed. Ionic is also able to use plugins and packages from Cordova. So, if you are thinking about hire apache cordova developer, you are at the right place.
Ionic just released Ionic 2 in 2016. Ionic 1 currently supports iOS version 7 onwards and Android 4.1 onwards, while Ionic 2 supports iOS version 8 onwards, Android version 4.4 onwards, and the Windows 10 Universal Platform. You can therefore use Ionic build Android apps or utilize Ionic build iOS apps to jumpstart the development of your mobile application.
Ionic has seen incredible response from the industry since its release. In 2015 alone, over 1.3 million apps were reported to have been created using Ionic, and as of January 2017, over 4 million applications have been created with the framework since its inception.
Pros and Cons of Ionic App Development
Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of Ionic app development.
- Open source – Being open source, Ionic is free and its codebase is made available to the public. Moreover, developers using the framework can bank on strong support from its growing community of developers.
- Cross-platform – Compared to native app development that requires separate codes for each operating system, Ionic enables developers to write just one piece of code that may be deployed to different platforms.
- Quick development – The combination of Ionic’s cross-platform architecture and its use of common technologies results in dramatically less development time, and this, in turn, results in huge amounts of savings in development cost.
- Decreased performance – Since hybrid applications run with some layers of abstraction that allow them to run on different operating systems, they naturally come with some performance loss. However, for most applications, this is often unnoticeable to the end user.
- Limited OS-specific functionality – Ionic tries as much as possible to provide developers with all the functionalities across various platforms, but there are still some advanced highly specialized features specific to some operating systems that aren’t present in Ionic. In this case, it will require developers to customize their application for each operating system. However, this is still much quicker than native development.
Ionic Mobile App Development Samples
Below are some sample applications that were built with the Ionic framework.
Pacifica – A stress, anxiety and depression coping application that enables users to do quick and helpful activities to improve their condition. This includes listening to soothing music, self-help guides, daily challenges, and peer support.
MarketWatch – An investment monitoring application where investors can check various stock prices, read a personalized news feed of articles on different stocks, and receive alerts on different stock movements.
Sworkit – A fitness application that provides users with a wide array of workouts that can be done anywhere without the need for specialized equipment. This app caters to users of all levels of workout experience, and even allows the creation of custom workouts.
Untappd – A beer lover’s social app. This allows beer lovers to share and discover places where they can find good beer, as well as rate and share photos of beers in different bars and restaurants.
ChefSteps – An online platform that delivers hands-on culinary classes to users of all levels of culinary experience. It also contains a wide assortment of recipes for food lovers to try out.
Ionic’s incredible growth in the past year is a clear indication of the growing demand for the Ionic framework and its developers. With Ionic hybrid developers reporting remarkable revenues, over 200,000 installations of Ionic 2, big brands deciding to adopt Ionic as their mobile app development framework, and over 3.2 million unique developers visiting Ionic’s website, Ionic developers are undoubtedly on top of their game.
With these promising developments, hiring excellent Ionic developers may just be what you need to efficiently build a mobile application for your business.
Skills Ionic Developer Should Possess
When hiring Ionic developers, here are a few things you should look for to ensure you get the most skilled developers:
- Some Knowledge of Native App Development – Although Ionic provides a tool for building cross-platform mobile applications, there may still be some cases when an OS-specific feature needs to be implemented. In such cases, it helps to have at least some knowledge on native development for the operating systems to be supported by the app.
- Experience with Apache Cordova – Since Ionic has deep integrations with Cordova, a good Ionic framework developer must have at least some basic understanding of how Cordova works. It will also help to know the useful Cordova plugins and packages that may be imported to Ionic.
Ionic Developer Salary
Now that you’ve seen what to look for in an ideal Ionic developer, the next step would be to know where it would be best to hire developers from. Let’s take a look at the average salary of Ionic developers in different countries for this purpose. In this comparison, we consult PayScale for our salary data. Due to the lack of salary information specific to Ionic developers, we instead use data on mobile developers, which include Ionic developers. According to PayScale, the average gross annual salaries of mobile developers in different countries are as follows:
- US – $68,670
- Canada – C$55,622 ($43,346)
- Switzerland – CHF 92,442 ($93,247)
- Ukraine – $25,500
- UK – £28,988 ($38,875)
Comparison of Mobile Developer Average Gross Annual Salaries in Different Countries (Source: PayScale)
Evidently, Ukraine offers the most economical rates for Ionic developers.
Ionic Developer Resume Sample
To show you a clearer picture of what the typical background and skill set of an Ionic developer are, here’s a sample Ionic developer resume.
Ionic Developer Resume Sample
Hire Ionic Hybrid Developer Now
Mobile devices have become an attractive venue for businesses to interact with their customers and expand their reach, and one way of doing so is through mobile app development. Hybrid app development has emerged as a quick and economical way to develop cross-platform mobile applications, and Ionic is a popular tool to enable hybrid development. If you’re scouting the market to hire Ionic developer, we’re here to help you! We are Mobilunity, a provider of dedicated developers skilled in Ionic hybrid development and many other technologies. We hail from Ukraine, so our rates are among the best in the entire Europe. For all your Ionic mobile app development needs, we’re your perfect business partner!