How to Differ Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Developer?
The virtual reality technology precisely referred as VR technology is a 3D computer generated visual environment, which looks like the real world scenario. Many big virtual reality software companies pay huge amounts against the VR developer salary and the augmented reality developer salary payments to get a virtual scenario created. The creation of basic virtual reality scenario is done with the combination of virtual reality software and compatible hardware most commonly the VR headsets.
For the creation of advanced virtual reality scenarios, many other sensations, such as sounds, vibrations, wind blows, shocks, waterfalls, physical motion and others are also integrated with the environment to make more sensational and real lifelike scenarios.
Virtual Reality Developers and VR Software Companies – Popularity and Prospects
The growth of both the virtual reality and augmented reality is consistently increasing in almost all domains of industries, especially in the gaming, education, aviation, industrial apps, commercial apps, medical and consumer electronics. The total market size of virtual reality hardware and software will cross $40.1 billion by 2020, as per predictions of Statista website.
Moreover, according to the Orbis Research Report published on Reuter website, the global market revenue of virtual reality (VR) domain will consistently grow with a whopping 54.84% from 2018 through 2023. This report also forecasts a huge growth of over 50% of new investments in the domain of VR will be focused towards the virtual reality applications specifically targeted to the solutions of industrial problems. This is a clear indication of a huge growth in the virtual reality development of software applications in the coming years.
The major drivers of this gigantic growth in the virtual reality market include the development of the best virtual reality apps, large scale development of VR content, and increasing shipment of VR hardware. To cater the development of VR content and mobile applications, a huge demand of virtual reality developers is round the corner, and it will remain for many years to come.
The IDC forecast predicts the virtual reality and augmented reality as the brightest growth spot in the futuristic technologies with a gigantic global spending (estimated) of about $143.3 billion by 2020 with a massive growth of 198.0% CAGR during the 2015 to 2020 period. Thus, the future of virtual reality technology is so shiny in many years to come.
Top 5 Interesting Virtual Reality Apps and VR Development Companies
If we look at the virtual reality marketplace, we would find hundreds of great apps that are being extensively used for different purposes. A large number of new apps are emerging in the market on a regular basis. Let’s have a look at top 5 interesting virtual reality apps along with their features and virtual reality prices in the market.
This is one of the interesting virtual reality application designed for ghost stories on the mobile devices. The major features of this VR app are listed below:
- It is designed for the Google Cardboard device
- Supports both iOS and Android mobile devices equally
- Highly featured and interactive
- Able to look at 360 degree round in a very scary environment
- Very easy to play and control with the help of simple and intuitive controls
- A very interactive environment that responds to your looks at different parts of the environment
- Provides the feeling of real world 3D presence in the game environment to make you scary
- Supports directional binaural audio capabilities
- Over 1 million downloads
InCell virtual reality is a VR game designed for mobiles to play with Google Cardboard. It is an action and racing game with great virtual environments. The main features of this app include:
- Over 100 thousand downloads
- Works on Google cardboard as well as independently on mobile device
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- A combination of strategy and science used to create great virtual environments for the games
- Compatible with different versions of Google cardboard devices
- An in-depth insight into the human cell is the exciting feature of this game
This is a virtual experience of journalism in the real world stories told by the New York Times agency journalists. This app is designed to introduce you to the real world journalism in 3D environment. The main features of this app include:
- Supports iOS, Android and Samsung Gear devices
- You can enjoy an unlimited number of stories related to war coverage, adventures, sports and other domains
- You feel virtually in the places where the stories were created
- Support full 360 degree experience of the videos
- Supports Google cardboard version 2 and above for great experience
- Supports spatial audio feature
- Over 100 thousand downloads
This is a powerful set of multiple roller coaster rides bundled into one virtual reality application. It offers a great experience of enjoying your dream ride of a roller coaster virtually through Google cardboard and your mobile device. The main features of this app include:
- Works well with devices without gyroscope sensors
- Compatible for both iOS and Android devices
- Supports 360 degree view while you are on a ride
- Supports multiple roller coasters simultaneously
- Supports different types of rides individually, such as drop, dragon and rock it
- Great combination of virtual rides and alien music
- Over 5 million downloads
This is a powerful video app that turns every YouTube video into a virtual reality environment for you to watch in three dimensions. The main features of this application are given below:
- Best suited for the Daydream enabled devices
- Supports 360 degree view in 3D environment
- Takes you inside the videos on the YouTube to provide a great experience
- Supports big theatre mode
- Supports searching while playing simultaneously
- Over one million downloads and counting
- Powered by Google Inc
New Trends of Virtual Reality for 2018
With the exponential emergence of virtual reality applications and a substantial increase in the software development spending in the domain of the virtual reality marketplace, the trends of virtual reality are also reshaping very rapidly. Among such new future trends of virtual reality in 2018 and beyond are summarized below:
- Virtual reality would break the entertainment tag and will go far beyond in many knowledge bases applications in the domain of education, business, industrial applications, aviation, defense, healthcare and many others.
- The virtual reality will define the future of the next generation gaming experience
- Integration of all types of sensing is the next trend in 2018 and beyond where all sense like smell, touch, heat, cold, wind, and others will be implemented in the VR technology
- Virtual reality will revolutionize the socializing activities through social media and other communication modes. You would be able to meet your friends in the virtual world and can enjoy the great time with them remotely.
- Ecommerce would see the real time shopping in a virtual environment along with interactive communication among the sellers and buyers. So new concept of v-commerce is not far away.
- The virtual reality based marketing/advertising is getting strong grounds to generate more accurate and more relevant advertisements in the virtual environments for the targeted customers
- A substantial increase the VR development team salary is going to remain the next big trend in the industry for 2018 and beyond
- The demand of VR developers will also increase consistently in 2018 and beyond.
Augmented Reality vs Virtual Reality
The main difference between virtual reality vs augmented reality is described in the following table.
AR Developers vs VR Developers Comparison
The difference between an AR developer and a VR developer in terms of their skill sets and responsibilities is given in the below table.
VR Developers Cost and Demand Analysis
According to the World Economic Forum website information, the global shipment of VR devices is expected to touch $35 million by 2020 from just less than $1 million in 2015. The software development spending is doubling in VR field. This increases the demand of VR developers across all over the globe.
The major players in the VR field like Google, Samsung, HTC, Oculus and others are the major players who drive the hardware market, while all small, medium and large size organizations will remain in need of VR developers across the globe. The cost of VR devices will definitely go down as the demand increases, but this the cost of application development will not go down with the increase in the demand of VR developers. The cost of the VR developers will keep increasing for many years to come.
Why to Choose Ukrainian Virtual Developers for Your Virtual Reality Software Companies?
As far as the virtual reality application development cost is concerned, it is very high in the North American and Western Europe due to high living standard/cost. The other regions where you can get highly skilled and qualified virtual reality developers at very competitive price are Eastern Europe and Asia. You can hire Ukrainian developers at very low price while maintaining European standards of development services. Mobilunity VR developer service is one of the best Ukrainian VR developer service providerVR development companies in the region. You get dedicated VR developers and reliable AI development teams at very affordable prices.