How to Differ Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Developer?
Lately, technologies started developing so rapidly that at some point it became quite difficult to keep track of all of them. However, there are some, that gained huge popularity due to their revolutionary approach. We are talking about VR and AR technologies. What is augmented and virtual reality and how you can implement them into your business strategy – you can learn from this article.
What Is Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality? A Quick Overview
So what is virtual and augmented reality after all? Both these technologies were designed to alter our reality’s perception to some extent. In this case, it would be fair to start with AR as it gives the lesser amount of this alteration if to compare with VR.
AR or Augmented Reality is a technology that allows you to create some sort of a mixture between existing reality and the virtual one. It is when unreal, virtual objects in the user’s perception become part of the reality surrounding picture of the world. Usually, it is executed in the form of various sensor features i.e. color lines, text messages and so on.
Currently, any AR developer is a very demanding specialist, as this technology is getting to be more and more popular in various industries, from the gaming one to even the military. There are more and more virtual reality and augmented reality companies that are looking for such specialists.
On the contrary to AR, VR technology creates an ultimate virtual experience.
The virtual reality technology precisely referred to as VR technology is a 3D computer generated visual environment, which looks like the real world scenario. Many big virtual reality software companies pay huge amounts against the VR developer salary and the augmented reality developer salary payments to get a virtual scenario created. The creation of the basic virtual reality scenario is done with the combination of virtual reality software and compatible hardware most commonly the VR headsets.
For the creation of advanced virtual reality scenarios, many other sensations, such as sounds, vibrations, the wind blows, shocks, waterfalls, physical motion, and others are also integrated with the environment to make more sensational and real lifelike scenarios.
Now that you know what is augmented reality and virtual reality, let’s move to the main differences between these two.
Difference Between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Development
Now that you know what is virtual reality and augmented reality, what is the main difference between these two, you might ask? VR and augmented reality technologies are pretty much alike, however, there is one thing, that creates a distinct difference between augmented reality and virtual reality. It is the extent to which the reality gets ‘modified’. In the case of AR, it is just slight virtual additions, while with the VR the whole picture around is being created from scratch.
The main difference between augmented reality and virtual reality is described in the following table:
Hopefully after this quick comparison it will be easier for you to understand the difference between virtual reality and augmented reality.
VR and AR Companies – Popularity and Prospects
The growth of both the virtual reality and augmented reality is consistently increasing in almost all domains of industries, especially in the gaming, education, aviation, industrial apps, commercial apps, medical and consumer electronics. The total market size of virtual reality hardware and the software will cross $40.1 billion by 2020, as per predictions of Statista website.
Moreover, according to the Orbis Research Report published on Reuter website, the global market revenue of virtual reality (VR) domain will consistently grow with a whopping 54.84% from 2019 through 2023. This report also forecasts a huge growth of over 50% of new investments in the domain of VR and AR companies will be focused on the virtual reality applications specifically targeted to the solutions of industrial problems. This is a clear indication of a huge growth in the virtual reality development of software applications in the coming years.
The major drivers of this gigantic growth in the virtual reality market include the development of the best virtual reality apps, large scale VR software development of VR content, and increasing shipment of VR hardware. To cater to the development of VR content and mobile applications, a huge demand for virtual reality developers is around the corner, and it will remain for many years to come.
The IDC forecast predicts the virtual reality and augmented reality as the brightest growth spot in the futuristic technologies with gigantic global spending (estimated) of about $143.3 billion by 2020 with a massive growth of 198.0% CAGR during the 2015 to 2020 period. Thus, the future of virtual reality technology is so shiny in many years to come.
Future of VR and AR Developer: Top 5 Interesting Virtual Reality Apps
If we look at the virtual reality marketplace, we would find hundreds of great apps that are being extensively used for different purposes. A large number of new apps are emerging in the market on a regular basis. Let’s have a look at the top 5 interesting virtual reality apps along with their features and virtual reality prices in the market.
This is one of the interesting virtual reality application designed for ghost stories on mobile devices. The major features of this VR app are listed below:
- It is designed for the Google Cardboard device
- Supports both iOS and Android mobile devices equally
- Highly featured and interactive
- Able to look at 360 degrees round in a very scary environment
- Very easy to play and control with the help of simple and intuitive controls
- A very interactive environment that responds to your looks at different parts of the environment
- Provides the feeling of real-world 3D presence in the game environment to make you scary
- Supports directional binaural audio capabilities
- Over 1 million downloads
InCell virtual reality is a VR game designed for mobiles to play with Google Cardboard. It is an action and racing game with great virtual environments. The main features of this app include:
- Over 100 thousand downloads
- Works on Google cardboard as well as independently on the mobile device
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- A combination of strategy and science used to create great virtual environments for the games
- Compatible with different versions of Google cardboard devices
- An in-depth insight into the human cell is the exciting feature of this game
This is a virtual experience of journalism in the real world stories told by the New York Times agency journalists. This app is designed to introduce you to real-world journalism in a 3D environment. The main features of this app include:
- Supports iOS, Android and Samsung Gear devices
- You can enjoy an unlimited number of stories related to the war coverage, adventures, sports, and other domains
- You feel virtually in the places where the stories were created
- Support full 360-degree experience of the videos
- Supports Google cardboard version 2 and above for great experience
- Supports spatial audio feature
- Over 100 thousand downloads
This is a powerful set of multiple roller coaster rides bundled into one virtual reality application. It offers a great experience of enjoying your dream ride of a roller coaster virtually through Google cardboard and your mobile device. The main features of this app include:
- Works well with devices without gyroscope sensors
- Compatible for both iOS and Android devices
- Supports 360 degree view while you are on a ride
- Supports multiple roller coasters simultaneously
- Supports different types of rides individually, such as drop, dragon and rock it
- Great combination of virtual rides and alien music
- Over 5 million downloads
This is a powerful video app that turns every YouTube video into a virtual reality environment for you to watch in three dimensions. The main features of this application are given below:
- Best suited for the Daydream enabled devices
- Supports 360-degree view in the 3D environment
- Takes you inside the videos on YouTube to provide a great experience
- Supports big theatre mode
- Supports searching while playing simultaneously
- Over one million downloads and counting
- Powered by Google Inc
Virtual and Augmented Reality Applications: AR Edition
We already spoke about products of various VR and AR companies and it is time to take a closer look at some most popular AR applications.
Probably the most popular game of 2016 gives you the perfect example of how addicting and fun AR games can be. Also, it gives you a clear understanding of what is the difference between augmented and virtual reality.
Google Maps is an application that has been out for a while and is one of the most recognizable products of VR/AR development. Not long ago Google decided to compete with virtual and augmented reality companies in this sector and also included some AR features into this application.
Everyone knows this application because of its fun approach to editing photos by adding various filters. This app clearly shows the difference virtual reality and augmented reality have.
Hopefully, after taking a look at these AR and VR companies products, it is easier for you to understand what is augmented reality and virtual reality.
New Trends of Virtual Reality
With the exponential emergence of virtual reality applications and a substantial increase in software development spending in the domain of the virtual reality marketplace, the trends of virtual reality are also reshaping very rapidly. Among such new future trends of virtual reality now and beyond are summarized below:
- Virtual reality would break the entertainment tag and will go far beyond in many knowledge bases applications in the domain of education, business, industrial applications, aviation, defense, healthcare, and many others.
- The virtual reality will define the future of the next generation gaming experience
- Integration of all types of sensing is the next trend in 2019 and beyond where all sense like smell, touch, heat, cold, wind, and others will be implemented in the VR technology
- Virtual reality will revolutionize socializing activities through social media and other communication modes. You would be able to meet your friends in the virtual world and can enjoy a great time with them remotely.
- E-commerce would see real-time shopping in a virtual environment along with interactive communication among the sellers and buyers. So the new concept of v-commerce is not far away.
- The virtual reality-based marketing/advertising is getting strong grounds to generate more accurate and more relevant advertisements in the virtual environments for the targeted customers
- A substantial increase in the VR development team salary is going to remain the next big trend in the industry for 2019 and beyond
- The demand for VR developers will also increase consistently in 2019 and beyond.
AR vs VR Difference: Developers Comparison
The difference between an AR developer and a VR developer in terms of their skill sets and responsibilities is given in the table below.
Having learned all that, you now probably can easily tell what’s the difference between AR and VR.
VR Developers Cost and Demand Analysis
According to the World Economic Forum website information, the global shipment of VR devices is expected to touch $35 million by 2020 from just less than $1 million in 2015. The software development spending is doubling in the VR field. This increases the demand for VR developers all over the globe as well as the demand to hire Unity developers.
The major players in the VR field like Google, Samsung, HTC, Oculus, and others are the major players who drive the hardware market, while all small, medium and large size organizations will remain in need of VR developers across the globe. The cost of VR devices will definitely go down as the demand increases, but the cost of application development will not go down with the increase in the demand of VR developers. The cost of the VR developers will keep increasing for many years to come.
Why Choose Ukrainian Virtual Reality Developer for Your Virtual Reality Software Companies?
As far as the virtual reality application development cost is concerned, it is very high in the North American and Western Europe due to the high living standard/cost. The other regions where you can get highly skilled and qualified virtual reality developers at a very competitive price are Eastern Europe and Asia. That is why lately outstaffing became a true ‘hit’ among companies lately, making this practice a great tool for reducing costs and finding outstanding specialists.
You can hire Ukrainian developers at a very low price while maintaining European standards of development services. Mobilunity VR developer service is one of the best Ukrainian VR developer service provider VR development companies in the region. You get dedicated VR developers for hire and AI developers at very affordable prices. There are also many other benefits of this company:
- Quick HR process
- Constant customer support for clients
- The big talent pool of specialists
- Professional developers with many years of experience in the field etc.