How to Hire Freelance WordPress Developer in 2022?
What WordPress Is
WordPress is a kind of CMS (content management system) that is a web-based platform that helps manage specific tasks with the content and overall information on the website. Due to it it is easy to create, save, edit and operate all needed data. It permits posting any kind of content like texts, graphics, media files with moment of control about what, when and where is published. That is what is meant by “content management”. Generally CMS helps to improve the functionality of the website, its design and lead it to the high ranks in search engines.
So WordPress is the most popular type of CMS. It is an open-source CMS that is super easy to utilize so you can get a perfect website in an extremely short period. The best about WordPress is that it works with nearly any type of website so you should not worry about that. Using this tool you will surely get a website of your dream as it will correspond to all your needs and requirements. As WordPress contains thousands of different functions there surely will be those you need. And it is the main reason WordPress is so popular among both developers and business owners all over the world. Statistics prove that now WordPress covers about 60% of all the market.
And you will achieve your goals with WordPress especially well if you manage to find freelance wordpress developer that is aware of the functions and possibilities this tool gives us. So if you are willing to hire CMS developer it would be a good idea to find one that is specialized in WordPress.
Types of WordPress
There is just one point needed to take under consideration. There are three specific types of WordPress developers so it may be useful to be aware of them to choose those that will be more helpful personally for you.
- So the first one is WordPress core developer. Generally the task of such developers is to improve the functionality of the platform. They achieve it due to working on the back-end operations of the internal software.
- The second one is WordPress theme developer freelance. Such a specialist makes his own themes both for a specific customer or for a third-party marketplace. There is also an ability to share them for free on a WordPress directory.
- And the last one is WordPress plugin developer. These developers are creating custom plugins. As well as theme developers doing WordPress plugin developer freelance can make plugins individually, release them on the market or share for free on a WordPress directory.
Soft and Hard Skills of WordPress Developers
When hiring a WordPress developer freelance it is important to be aware of core hard and soft skills a good specialist should have. So here are lists of them that fill be helpful in searching for a great professional.
- PHP. It is also required for WordPress freelance developer to have skills in back-end development on PHP.
- Debugging tools. WordPress developers are working with such debugging tools as Chrome inspector, Firebug and others.
- Responsive markup. A good WordPress developer also should be skilled in creating and developing responsive markup for websites.
- APIs. And but not least is the essential for WordPress developers ability to design and realize functional APIs. Also it is important for them to be able to work with different web services like JSON and REST.
- Time management. For freelance WordPress developer it is extremely important to be able to prioritize tasks and manage work time in the best way.
- Problem-solving. When a good developer is facing a problem he can evaluate it objectively and find a new and productive approach to solve it.
- Collaboration. A freelance WordPress web developer may be skilled in communication with other developers, designers and the client. It is important for them to be able to clarify what they do to both programmers and people that are far away from the IT sphere.
- Written communication. For better communication and process tracking a developer should provide reports, prepare technical documentation and write texts in the projects he is working on.
- Self-motivation. As a freelance wordpress developer is mostly working solely it is important for him to be able to encourage himself so no one should track his work all the time.
Main Responsibilities of WordPress Developers
It is also important to have a view of the main responsibilities when you are likely to hire freelance WordPress developer. Thus, it includes:
- Building a WordPress website and integrating it with other services
- Maintaining a high level of performance
- Realizing of new features
- Managing of all technical aspects of CMS
- Ensuring the site’s responsiveness and making it user-friendly
- Ability to be a part of a graphic design team
- Creating visual effects and generally interface for mobile applications
Best Sites to Hire Part-Time WordPress Developers
When looking for a freelance or part time WordPress developer sites for freelancers come in handy. And we prepared a list of the best ones.
This platform is a main provider of dedicated specialists. But it is not specialized on WordPress only as some other platforms in our list. It can help you to find nearly any professional you may need. So, its main advantages are carefully selected programmers and a comfortable interface. But it determines the cost of their specialists that begins from $60 per hour and may be a problem for some.
This platform is dedicated only to WordPress. Professionals on Codeable are also carefully verified. There are specialists for any type of WordPress. So here you can find a freelance WordPress plugin developer or freelance WordPress theme developer according to your needs. But its disadvantage is still high cost. It begins from $70 per hour.
It is one of the biggest freelance platforms. There are a lot of different specialists with different specializations and experience. So you can find here, for example, a freelance custom wordpress plugin developer but be careful as it still can be a totally new-bee. But the best thing about it is that you can find a developer that will correspond with your budget.
This platform is specialized on WordPress as it is evident from the name. Its peculiarity is that there is no database where you can look for a specialist, instead you are required to submit listings on the job’s board on your own. You can do it for free. Its advantage is that you can find a professional that will correspond all your needs hussle-free.
It is one more site that specializes on WordPress. Its experience already counts 14 years. The way of looking for freelancers here is the same as on WPHired. So advantages of this site are highly experienced specialists and an unusual but comfortable way of finding professionals. Here you find a developer for long-term cooperation.
In-House vs Outstaffing vs Freelance WordPress Developers
You can hire a WordPress developer on a different basis like freelance, part-time or in-house. And when looking for a specialist you may be a bit confused which one is better for your particular project. So here is a comparative table that probably will help you to clarify it.
|Pros||You will have an opportunity to communicate personally|
You will have common language and culture with your WordPress developer
It may lead to better mutual understanding
You may have an ability to control all the process
|It is cost-effective|
You can give necessary function to them or even the whole project
There are a lot of talented specialists
Such developers have huge experience
You can find developer with necessary specialization
Perfect result is guaranteed
You should not worry about the process as it is controlled by company.
|There is a wide range of specialist with different experience and specialization on the freelance marketit has relatively low cost.|
You will have an ability to start working fastlyit is a opportunity to add necessary specialist to your already existing team.
|Cons||There is comparatively tiny range of specialists|
You will have the necessity to pay a developer even if you have no tasks
Generally it is more expensive
|It may take some time to find “your” company as there are a lot of good ones.||Probably it may be bad for a long-term cooperation|
You have low guarantees
You may experience lack of communication
Why Outstaffing to Ukraine and Eastern Europe Is a Perfect Choice
As you can see there are a lot of pros of outstaffing WordPress development with a comparatively low amount of cons. So it surely will be the best decision ever! And the best variant is to outstaff it to Eastern Europe, Ukraine in particular.
You may ask “Why?” Here is a list of facts that will proof it:
- The first and the most weighty argument is cost-effectiveness of outstaffing. As there is a comparatively low average salary you may be surprised that WordPress development can cost so little
- The next is a really wide range of talented specialists. There are stunning amount of universities that teach thousands of students and most of them lately become real professionals in their field
- One more fact is that there are a lot of good companies that provide dedicated IT specialists
- Also Eastern Europe has common culture and time with another part of Europe so it makes communication easy
- Beside the majority of developers from Eastern Europe and Ukraine are good at English so mutual understanding is guaranteed
So Eastern Europe and Ukraine will be a really great decision for outstaffing. But if there are still not enough reasons to outstaff your project there, here is a statistics that will make all evident.
Hourly Rate of Freelance WordPress Developers in Different Countries
Probably you already know that the average salary differs from country to country depending on a wide number of reasons. So we claim the statistics of WordPress developer hourly rate that will show it perfectly.
According to the Payscale and our research on the site for freelancers Upwork we got such numbers of freelance WordPress developer rates:
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
WordPress developer vacancies in USA
WordPress developer vacancies in UK
WordPress developer vacancies in Germany
WordPress developer vacancies in Netherlands
So, as you can see, hiring a freelance WordPress programmer or a part time WordPress developer remote in Ukraine is really cost-effective! Thus, if you need advantageous and good done WordPress consulting, appeal to Ukrainian outstaffing companies.
Mobilunity Is a Reliable Provider of WordPress Development Teams
If you are looking for a WordPress developer part-time you can hire him easily with us! The main advantage of such cooperation is that you can pay only for the working hours. Also with us you can get freelancers flexibility and high guarantees from the company’s side. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
So if you are confused about the necessity to look for a WordPress developer then stop for a minute and think: probably the solution is already near you? Mobilunity is a company you can trust. Let us prove it!