Software Development in Czech Republic Is Smart Decision for Business
The Czech Republic is one of the most attractive IT-outsourcing destinations in Europe. Software development in Czech republic is so popular because of the combination of high quality and relatively low prices. Such international corporations as Skype, IBM, Microsoft, SolarWings, Google, Oracle, and others. Companies from North America and Western Europe choose Czech software developers for their projects. The clients like the Czech Republic because of the low business risks and favorable business climate. It is also a welcoming country for investing and the creation of offshore businesses.
Situation at the IT Market in the Czech Republic
When you are looking for IT outsourcing in Europe, addressing Czech Republic software development may be a good solution for you. The Czech Republic is a popular outsourcing destination that is due to the fact that it suggests an ideal combination of quality and cost. What is more, there are several key facts from the statistics that emphasize that the IT market in Czech Republic is a highly developed one. Let’s take a look at some of them to learn more about the possibilities that the tech industry in the Czech Republic can give you.
- IT Industry Growth Rate is expected to reach 7.83% from 2023 to 2028, that means that the tech sphere in the Czech Republic keeps developing and shows the continuous dynamics in tech development. According to such predictions, the IT market volume will be $6.91bn by 2028.
- The overall number of IT professionals in the Czech Republic is nearly 126k, which is a great indicator. It shows that the demand for the tech field is high, resulting in an increase of competitiveness in the market. It ensures the quality of services presented and diversity of the cost.
- What is more, software hub Czech Republic is presented by plenty of IT companies providing such services. The number of IT companies in the Czech Republic is 6500, which facilitates outsourcing Czech Republic, as you can easily find one providing necessary services.
- The Czech IT market is also outstanding by the multiplicity of services it suggests. Thus, all the most popular programming languages like PHP, .NET, Lua, Python, Perl are presented there, so you can easily find an appropriate one.
Besides, tech export value in the Czech Republic is 41.3 billion, which shows that outstaffing Czech Republic is an important part of the tech field there.
Czech Republic Outsourcing: How Popular Is It
Czech outsourcing is mainly focused on business process outsourcing, application services, and infrastructure management capabilities. Among the popular topics, there are open source technologies and Linux.
In the Czech Republic development sector shows significant growth. For example, in 2014 the Czech Statistical Office has shown such data:
- 156,000 – a number of professionals, working in the IT industry;
- €1.58 billion ($1.8 billion) – an annual revenue from the exporting of the IT services;
- 10% – an increase in the rate in IT outsourcing sphere year on year.
The Czech ICT Alliance also claims that there are almost 33,000 IT enterprises in the region. The IT sphere is one of the biggest parts of the export – it contributes to the total export by 15% of GDP. Nearly 88% of the IT services were exported to European countries, about 10% – to the US. Today the IT outsourcing sphere is still developing, and the revenues are growing. It means that in the Czech Republic development is a perspective sphere, which will continue to grow.
In comparison to the Czech Republic development, Ukrainian IT industry is also developing. In 2015 it has become the 3rd biggest export sector in the country – it has generated 3% of GDP and brought the revenue of $2.5 billion. According to the PwC analysis, the IT sphere in Ukraine is perspective and fast-growing field:
- 420,000 – a number of the IT specialists, employed in Ukraine in 2015;
- $2.7 billion – the amount of IT services market size;
- 2.5 times – the increase in the Ukrainian IT services market.
Czech Republic Outsourcing: What Developers They Offer?
In the Czech Republic outsourcing sphere is on the high level. The top software development companies are focused on the custom web and software development, automation, and machine learning, databases, web and mobile development, information systems, product, and implementation analysis, audits of the existing solutions. The development teams offer maintainable and extensible applications, created in a short time.
IT Market Differences in the Czech Republic by Cities
There are several cities in the Czech Republic that are best suited when you want to hire developers in Czech Republic. Such cities are on the top by the developers number and services diversity. Below you can learn more about each of them.
The first city is the capital of the Czech Republic, Prague. It is a highly developed modern city that is an important economical and cultural center. What is more, there are several top universities like Czech Technical University in Prague and the University of Chemistry and Technology that prepare IT professionals in particular. That is why there are nearly 60 000 specialists skilled in the IT sphere in Prague. The average salary of the software developer Prague is $3,200 per month, that is a fair cost for the level of services Czech experts provide.
The second city for the IT market volume criteria in the Czech Republic is Brno, an administrative center of the region. It is situated near Prague and takes the second place by the space after it. So, this ancient city with a stunning history is not only a cultural center, but also a developed tech hub. It is also due to the universities located there. Thus, Masaryk University and Brno University of Technology are in the top list of Czech universities. Because of it the number of IT professionals in Brno counts 20 000. The average salary of the developer in Brno is $2,600 per month.
The next city for the square criteria and next city in our list is Ostrava. It is one more city with the hundreds of years of history that made it a developed economical center. Nowadays it forms an agglomeration first for the size in Morava region and second in the Czech Republic. All of it contributes to Ostrava becoming a one more tech hub in the Czech Republic. Being comparatively modern in this sphere, the number of IT specialists there is lower, but still imposing and is nearly 5 000 specialists. The average salary of the IT expert in Ostrava is $2,300 per month.
One more big city in the Czech Republic we are going to talk about is Pilsen. It is an administrative center and developed industrial, commercial, and cultural city. It all makes it more attractive for the young specialists and students, that influences its development dynamics in a good manner. Universities that are situated there graduate skilled IT professionals, so that now the overall number of them is nearly 7 000. The average salary of the IT specialist in Pilsen is $2,400 per month.
Last but not least, the city we want to tell you about is Olomouc. It is one more Czech city with a long history and developed culture. But now it is growing as a strong center for software development Czech Republic. It is a comparatively new player in the IT market in the Czech Republic, but it already has a strong position in it. For example, there are nearly 3 000 IT specialists living and working in Olomouc. The average salary of the developers in Olomouc is $2,000 per month.
Hire developers in other Countries
Expand your team’s potential by recruiting top-notch developers from around the world. This approach offers access to a diverse range of skills and perspectives, fueling innovation and enhancing your projects’ global relevance.
A Job Description for a Czech Software Developer
According to the Glassdoor, the most popular programming languages for the Czech developer are:
A modern Czech developer should perform a wide range of tasks, develop, customize and maintain the computer systems. To hire developer in Czech republic means obtaining all the advantages of these specialists. Depending on the peculiarities of the project, you can choose the performers with different skill sets. But the general requirements are the following:
- Education: a bachelor’s or master’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering or other related spheres.
- Coding languages: Java, JS, C#, C++, Python, PHP, HTML, CSS, XML, Unix Shell Scripting.
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, HP UX, BSD.
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle (PL/SQL) and others.
The additional skills and experience of a Czech programmer include:
- Ability to work in a team (often international);
- Ability to convey the technical information to the team members, who are not technical experts;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technological changes;
- Ability to train, coach or mentor new employees;
- Ability to travel to visit clients or teammates.
Salaries of IT Developers in the Country
When looking for a specialist to hire, it may be useful to navigate in the salaries you can meet in the market. Most often it differs by the specialization and experience. Below we bring the comparison table by such criteria.
|Mobile app specialist||$1,300||$2,500||$3,800|
Ukrainian vs Czech Developer Salary: Who Earns More
Software development is a sphere with high salaries. It can cost a pretty penny for your company to hire a dedicated team or even a single programmer. We’ve compared Czech developer salaries with the money paid in Ukraine – another country, which is popular as an outsourcing destination.
Average annual Czech developer salary:
* Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
In the Czech Republic outsourcing is popular, but not a cheap option – Czech developer salary can be high. In neighboring Ukraine, the clients can find the same services for the lower prices. Ukrainian professionals also cooperate with companies from all over the world – the clients choose Ukrainian programmers as a cost-effective and high-quality service.
Where to Find a Czech Development Agency
If you look for a Czech development agency, you can choose from about 33,000 of the enterprises. Most of them are located in the biggest cities. However, the biggest city, where you can find a Czech software company is not Prague: the most popular IT-cities are Brno and Ostrava.
Let’s compare the statistics for the Ukrainian and Czech development agency:
|The number of the IT companies||33,000||11,932|
|Main IT centers in the country (by size)||Brno, Prague, Ostrava, Pardubice, Chodov||Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Dnipro, Odessa|
|Target market||Europe, the US||The US, Europe, Asia|
|Top tax rate||31.1%||18%|
YOU MAY ALSO CHECK:
- What Is the Best Option for Hiring Best Web Developers Ukraine?
Mobilunity Is an Experienced Provider of Dedicated Specialists in the Czech Republic
If you want to hire a software developer in Czech Republic, then you have several options. First, you can observe IT companies in Czech Republic to find a suitable one. But you also can cooperate with an outsourcing company from another country.
Thus, Mobilunity may be a solution for you. It is a company from Ukraine with more than 12 years experience in providing IT services in various fields. With its help you can easily find and hire a specialist of any specialization that will correspond to your concrete needs. And there is no matter in which country you are looking for a specialist, there are no boundaries for us! So, if you want to hire a developer in the Czech Republic, we can help you with it, as we are highly experienced in it.
We offer software development services for companies from any part of the world. Just tell us about your project to:
- Hire a web developer with the proper skillset;
- Find a remote dedicated team of programmers;
- Hire the developers, ready for the relocation to your place;
- Find a team with the professional project management.
Our Main Service Models
- Dedicated Development Teams
Our main service model is providing dedicated teams for your business needs. Thus, you receive a full-time team engaged only in your project. At the same time, you can manage it fully by yourself, while our company will cover all the HR, helpdesk and accounting issues.
- Consultancy Services
The next service model you can receive from us is consultancy services, that means hiring a part-time team. It is beneficial when you need to extend your existing team or complete the project in a short period of time. Here, samely, team management is fully yours, while we will cover accounting, HR and helpdesk issues.
- Recruiting Services
Our company also provides recruiting-as-a-service. It implies hiring specialists locally just for your needs. We already have experience of hiring specialists from Croatia, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Albania, Peru, Tajikistan. So, if you need a Czech specialist, we can help you with it, or alternatively we can find the best candidate in Eastern Europe.