Usage of Rare Technologies by a JS Developer
Rare JS Technologies
- Real cross-browser support – Dojo delivers very strong cross-browser support, so all of its APIs will work on nearly all browsers, something that can’t be said for many established frameworks.
- Client-side data storage – Another unique feature of Dojo is the Dojo storage, a tool that allows secure client-side data storage. The storage mechanism varies by browser, but this is all abstracted from the developer so the implementation would be the same regardless of browser type or version.
- Asynchronous communication – Dojo is based on AJAX, which enables asynchronous communication between client and server, so the library inherits its benefits.
- Simple, Minimalistic, and Small – One of the aims of Riot.js is to keep its syntax as simple as possible. Moreover, it claims to have 10 – 100 times fewer API functions than other libraries, so it’s much quicker to learn. At 10.44kb, it’s also one of the most lightweight libraries available.
- Modular – Riot is a modular library, so the different components of a Riot application are independent from each other and have no dependencies. This allows a Riot.js developer to rearrange, add or remove components with minimal impact to the rest of the system, making the application highly scalable.
- Native experience – SproutCore’s main attraction is that it claims to deliver the same user experience as a native application, which contrasts to the fragmented user experience typically delivered by many web applications.
- Big data support – SproutCore also claims to support large amounts of data effortlessly, with a list of 50,000 elements scrolling as smoothly as how other frameworks perform with just 50 elements.
- Easy optimization – SproutCore claims to be optimal in terms of both code maintainability and computational efficiency. It also provides a SproutCore developer with a simple tool for code minification and combination.
Sample Dojo Developer CV
Here’s a sample of a Dojo developer CV to give you an idea of the usual background and skill set of developers that are skilled in these less popular frameworks.
Middle Dojo Developer Resume
- Creation of Dojo reusable components and modules for web applications
Hire JS Developers Now