Database Administrator (part-time)
Mobilunity is a provider of dedicated development teams aiming to bring European corporate culture to the Ukrainian IT-labor market. Throughout all the years of our existence and until now, we’ve been working hand in hand with European companies as our primary partners. By our own example, we are proving that the dedicated team model works the best in all directions including employee’s interests as people have always been our main asset. Joining Mobilunity you won’t ever feel alone.
On behalf of our Client from Canada, Mobilunity is looking for a Database Administrator.
About the project:
Our client is a Canadian enterprise social media management services company with headquarters in Montreal. They are now a part of a big multinational digital marketing communications holding.
Since 2002 they’ve been serving clients all over the world assisting them with content moderation, social media measurement, and community management, and work with a wide variety of industries including (but not limited to) Healthcare, Energy, Finance, Retail, and Technology.
The Ukrainian team consists of 8 Developers (5 Frontend and 3 Backend Developers), but they’re just a part of a bigger well-settled multinational team with developers and QA engineers from Canada, Italy, France, Brazil, Mexico, Philippines, and some other countries. All the processes within the project are managed with Scrum (2-week sprints and daily meetups).
The project is based on React.js on the front end side and PHP for back end development, though Angular, Laravel, Node.js and GraphQL are also commonly used.
With all mutual and current work issues, the main aim is to optimize the database for their Central Home, Manage, and Analytics applications as they move to a Microservices environment.
Worth to mention that the management on the project is particularly open-minded, flexible and loyal to their team in all the project and schedule related questions.
One time/infrequent recurring:
- Recommend any MySQL server config improvements to better handle the data we’re trying to store
- Identify table index improvements (MySQL/MongoDB)
- Implement a data backup plan that includes processes to verify backups are complete and recoverable
- Identify slow/resource-heavy MySQL queries and recommend improvements
- Identify Elasticsearch schema improvements
- Respond to dev’s inquiries about solutions to their DB work
- Review GitHub pull requests that include database updates
- Manage Elasticsearch cluster, balancing node types to increase efficiency/reliability while minimizing costs
- Ensure Elasticsearch schemas are strictly enforced as opposed to dynamically generated
- Handle any data migration/reindexing needs with a 0 down-time solution
- Monitor the database servers to proactively prevent service outages due to DB inaccessibility
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Database Administrator
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid experience in MySQL and ElasticSearch
- Confident spoken level of English
- Knowledge of MongoDB will be a huge plus
Stages of the hiring process:
- HR Call with a Recruiter from Mobilunity
- CV review by our Client
- Final interview with a Client in English
Joining the team you will get:
- The friendliest community of like-minded IT-people
- Open knowledge-sharing environment – exclusive access to a rich pool of colleagues willing to share their endless insights into the broadest variety of modern technologies
- Mobilunity Medical Insurance program designed to attend our teams’ needs
- Paid vacations and sick leaves, including 5 paid days per year that don’t require a sick note
- Fair salary and 100% taxes coverage – don’t worry about possible taxes raise – we will get you covered
- Perfect office location: city-center, 900m from Lukyanivska metro station, a green and spacious neighborhood with lots of cafes and supermarkets nearby
- No open-spaces setup – separate rooms for every team’s comfort and multiple lounge and gaming zones on all of the 3 floors
- English classes in 1-to-1 & group modes with elements of gamification
- Neverending fun: sports events, tournaments, music band, multiple affinity groups