How Much Does It Cost to Hire Software Developers?
Is there any difference between a software engineer and a software developer, you’d ask. The untrained eye would definitely consider these two professions to be just synonyms, but in fact there are some dissimilarities between them. Job function is actually the key difference, as software developers deal with the development process only, while engineers are involved in more complex activities related to the project. Software engineers apply the engineering principles when creating a software and take part in the whole life cycle of the development process, find solutions according to clients’ needs and constantly seek how to imply the requested functions and upgrade the development process. Meanwhile, software devs work exclusively with the programs and take responsibility for the whole development process of the project by designing and creating the code for it.
All software development jobs are important, that’s why you won’t see a huge difference between the software engineer and software programmer salary, for example. Software engineer is a high-demand profession in many countries, but they are most demanded in Switzerland, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark in Europe. Surely, USA, Canada and Australia have a high demand for software engineers as well.
Factors That Influence Software Development Cost
Now that you are probably wondering about how to hire dedicated software development team, you need to learn a few things first. Software development is not the easiest niche to get in so all specialists of such sort need to have really exceptional skills to get noticed. This means that before hiring someone you need to make for yourself a list of criteria for your future employee in order for him to satisfy your project’s needs. Keep in mind, that depending on how extensive the developer’s skill set is – his hourly rate will change accordingly.
It’s common for software developer salaries to vary significantly. Here are the factors that determine the overall cost of software development.
- Project size. Global-scope projects will, naturally, be more expensive than the local ones as they require more lines of code, complex testing, and long-term maintenance. Project size is a decisive factor during the cost estimation for software development.
- Languages and technologies. Programming language developers aim at reducing development effort – as a result, newer languages like GoLang will be easier to learn, and the workforce will eventually be cheaper. Most projects still use technically demanding languages like C++ – such a technology choice contributes to the project budget.
- Additional technologies. Depending on the company’s needs, a developer might have to use tools for database management, frameworks for mobile application development, and so on. The broader and more advanced the toolkit is, the higher the average cost of software development will be.
- Time constraints. Developing software in a limited time frame will result in higher developer hourly rates that working on a product for an extended period.
- The country the company is based on. Looking at the chart above, you may have noticed how developer salaries influence the cost estimation for software development project completion. The economic landscape, minimal wage legislations, and unemployment rates determine the standard developer salary. To save on the workforce without compromising the complexity of the project, consider hiring a developer from an Eastern European, Latin American, or Asian country.
- Developer’s skill. The salary of an entry-level programmer will be significantly lower than that of a senior developer. A professional’s skill is significant in software development cost estimation. Keep in mind that products that require implementing advanced technologies depend on superior tech skills. In case you want to create an IoT or AI-empowered project, hiring a skillful developer will be a considerable investment.
If you have finally decided to hire a dedicated team for software development, then you need to carefully calculate your expenses, taking into the consideration everything mentioned above. As you see, there are plenty of things, that could influence the final price for your project in general and your software developer’s services in particular. So before you hire anyone, make sure that you considered all the options and asked your potential employee all of the questions that eventually might influence the price of your project. The more experienced your candidate is, the bigger rate he will eventually have. Just be sure that you are not overpaying for something that you will not need.
The total project budget depends on the way a company manager structures the workflow. Running an in-house team can put a strain on business as you’ll have to rent an office, pay monthly bills, invest in new equipment and its maintenance. Going remote is a way to reduce operating costs gracefully – it allows you to work with an experienced team of developers with no need to commit to sustaining a long-term department.
Average Monthly Computer Software Engineer Salary in Various Countries
In Ukraine, software engineer salary is the lowest among the Eastern and Western European countries. Why is that? Well, first of all, Ukraine is one of those countries that attract the most start-up developers as it offers a big talent pool. So if you are looking for a dedicated software development team for startup – Ukraine should be on the top of your priority list. Also, as mentioned previously, this country gives you, as a business owner, an opportunity to significantly reduce your expenses by hiring a team of excellent specialists for a lower price, than, for example, in Europe. Let’s now take a look at how these rates vary in real life.
As it is clear from the chart, the highest wage is in USA, followed by Israel and Germany.
Regarding the hourly rate of software developers in Ukraine, their salaries differ depending on their skill set and experience. While the average hour rate for a software developer in Ukraine is $20,00, they vary in terms of seniority. Just to compare, in USA, average hourly rate of software developer is $33,67.
Senior software developer salary on Ukraine is the highest for software devs.
Why Hire Software Developers in Ukraine
Ukrainian IT market is well known for its reliability and deep expertise in any tech topic. Many countries from America and Western Europe choose to hire experts from Ukraine. This is not only due to lower rates in comparison to local ones, but also appropriate skill sets, well developers abilities to work in teams and individually, to be tech team leads and work in highly competitive environment.
Why Hire Software Developers from Mobilunity
Now that you have learned so much about software developers, their skills and responsibilities, it is time to talk about hiring a team of such specialists. But how to choose a dedicated software development team? Well, first of all, you should broaden your horizons and think about outsourcing. Not only you will be able to save up some money, but you also will be given a chance to work with true professionals and talents. And what is the better place to look for those than in Ukraine? This country has plenty of outsourcing IT companies, though there is one that might stand out of those a little bit.
Hiring Mobilunity for outsourcing purposes will benefit your business and your finances. From the moment it wa founded, Mobilunity has been working with a number of companies and startups from abroad, so its experts have a vast international experience. Every developer you hire from Mobilunity has already worked with or has deep knowledge about cooperation with international firms and teams. Due to high levels of English language, Mobilunity dedicated development teams have no communication issues, neither do they experience any problems with coordination or usage of time management software.
All of the talent pool of Mobilunity uses majority of the modern technologies and deliver products to clients in many spheres. Paying attention to acceleration of the growth of every customer, Mobilunity is able to offer flexibility and reliability due to its results-driven Western management system used in the company. In such a way, Mobilunity meets the requirements of any customer, no matter how complex and complicated they might seem.