PaaS: How to Find a Reliable Platform as a Service Provider
When businesses want to build great apps without having to worry about infrastructure and operating systems, they require a comprehensive solution. Many businesses facing this challenge turn to Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions.
PaaS is a solution for software development where a third-party provider offers a platform to businesses where they can develop and manage software apps without the need to build and maintain an underlying infrastructure.
Furthermore, PaaS is a complete environment in the cloud used for development and deployment. It offers resources that allow businesses to deliver everything from basic cloud-based applications to more sophisticated, cloud-enabled enterprise apps. Businesses can purchase the resources they need from a cloud service provider and access them over an Internet connection.
Comparisons Between Three Cloud Computing Models
There are different cloud computing models similar to PaaS. To choose the right model, it is important to understand the difference between Platform as a Service vs Software as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service vs Platform as a Service. Let’s compare IaaS PaaS SaaS in a table:
The Functionality of Platform as a Service
It’s not only essential to understand the difference between IaaS vs PaaS vs SaaS, but also the functionality PaaS offers. PaaS functionality may alternate between various sellers and products. Nonetheless, the core suite of the solutions includes infrastructure, middleware, development tools, operating systems, and tools for managing databases.
- Infrastructure. A Platform as a Service provider manages the storage, servers, networking resources and data centers.
- Middleware. Platform as a Service enterprise solutions also include middleware. This is the software that combines operating systems and end-user applications.
- Development tools. PaaS offers everything businesses need to create and manage applications. The specific software development tools typically include a debugger, source code editor and compiler.
- Operating systems. PaaS includes systems for apps to run on and for the developers to develop the apps from.
- Databases. PaaS providers usually maintain databases and offer developers database management tools.
Let’s take a look at the different Platform as a Service solutions providers, PaaS examples, and the functionality they include:
Google’s App Engine is a cloud computing integration Platform as a Service for developing and hosting web apps in Google-managed data centers. With App Engine and with the help of the Google cloud solution architect, developers can build highly scalable applications on a fully managed serverless platform. Apps can be created with Node.js, Java, Ruby, C#, Go, Python, or PHP or developers’ preferred programming language.
Hiring experienced Google Cloud coders is an easy walk with Mobilunity.>>>
Microsoft’s Azure PaaS includes operating systems, development tools, database management, and business analytics. Azure Platform as a Service and the Azure cloud architect enable development and deployment on the cloud, so developers need only to manage applications and data.
Looking for Microsoft developers? Mobilunity helps to hire the best of the best in no time! >>>
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon’s AWS Platform as a Service solution removes the need for businesses to manage the underlying infrastructure and enable them to focus on the deployment and management of applications. The AWS cloud infrastructure architect can consult and build the optimal architecture for the project to be stored in a cloud.
Does your business need an AWS coder? Find your candidate here. >>>
The IBM Cloud® platform combines cloud Platform as a Service with IaaS to present an integrated experience. The platform is designed to scale and support both small development teams and large businesses. Globally deployed across data centers, the products built on IBM Cloud® perform reliably in a supported environment.
Looking for dedicated IBM developers? Mobilunity is ready to help! >>>
Red Hat’s PaaS solution offers a consistent environment for both on-premise data center and public cloud usage. It allows businesses to use both leading-edge operational models and traditional application management methods. Building on the core technology stack helps provide the benefits of cloud computing that maximizes operational flexibility and app development productivity.
Want to have an eye-grabbing app on Red Hat Find top-level Rad Hat coders here. >>>
Oracle’s PaaS consists of services to build and manage modern apps in the cloud or on-premises. It delivers the infrastructure and middleware elements that allow developers to build, integrate, migrate, deploy and manage mobile and web applications.
In search of experience Oracle engineer? Get in touch! >>>
An Overview of the Different PaaS Types
- Public PaaS. Public PaaS is seen as the best fit for use in the public cloud. It enables users to control software deployment while the cloud provider handles the delivery of all other major IT components required to host applications. This includes operating systems, databases, servers and storage.
- Private PaaS. Private PaaS is software that promotes development, deployment and operations on a private infrastructure or behind a firewall. Just like public PaaS, private PaaS allows developers to code, design, test and manage cloud-based systems.
- Hybrid PaaS. Hybrid PaaS refers to a mixed computing, storage and services environment made up of on-premises infrastructure and public and private cloud services. It offers the flexibility of building out internal infrastructure to support development operations. The hybrid solution offers ultimate versatility and flexibility.
- Communications PaaS. Communications PaaS is a cloud-based model that enables businesses to add real-time communications abilities, such as video, voice and messaging, to business applications by using application program interfaces.
- Mobile PaaS. Mobile PaaS is a development and deployment environment located in the cloud to produce mobile apps. mPaaS, as it is known, is designed to support the complete web app lifecycle, which includes building, deploying, testing, managing and updating.
- OpenPaaS. OpenPaaS is a social platform in the cloud designed to promote collaboration and teamwork inside an easy user experience. It offers facilities for users to develop and deploy new apps using hosted collaboration services.
The Benefits of PaaS Providers for Companies
Using a PaaS approach brings the required flexibility and efficiency necessary for driving business growth. Some of the benefits of cooperating Platform as a Service providers include:
- Reduced costs. When using a PaaS solution, big capital savings are possible due to the fact that businesses don’t perform low-level work themselves, and they don’t have to hire extra personnel or pay for additional working hours. They also don’t have to buy hardware and independent tools or pay for unforeseen expenses in case of downtime.
- Fast time-to-market. PaaS is used to build apps more quickly than building, configuring, and provisioning new platforms and backend infrastructure. With a PaaS solution, developers gain immediate access to a comprehensive software development environment, including pre-built components.
- Pre-built tools. PaaS allows developers to create apps using pre-built software components, reducing the coding effort and the amount of coding needed. As a result, developers can benefit from sophisticated development tools that would normally be too costly to develop and reiterate in-house.
- Easy maintenance. Unlike traditional methods of building apps, PaaS solutions enable developers to design apps without dealing with building, configuring, and updating servers. Integration Platform as a Service vendors must look after the platform, reducing IT costs and maintenance for users.
- Regular updates. PaaS experts continually perform all the essential component updates and security patches for businesses to get them automatically. This ensures that applications are running on the latest stack, saving time and resources. Furthermore, professional automatic updating reduces the risk of incompatibility and security gaps.
- Strengthens security. Security is another clear advantage of using PaaS. With the volume and diversity of security threats increasing, protecting against attacks is best left to specialists. PaaS solutions enable security vulnerabilities in core language or framework components to be quickly remedied. What’s more, is that businesses are automatically notified soon after the patch.
- Easy scalability. The scalability of Platform as a Service PaaS is offered by default due to a scaling mechanism. It includes the automatic allocation and release of the required resources, depending on the number of users served by the app. This is why any business can scale smoothly at any time.
Why Opting for a Ukrainian PaaS Provider Is Beneficial
Today, outsourcing is a natural choice for many modern businesses. This allows them to concentrate on using resources on mission-critical business processes, like customer interactions, billing, product promotion, and more.
In recent years, Eastern European countries have become popular outsourcing destinations. Specifically, Ukraine has become an attractive outsourcing country because it has access to a large pool of talent and offers lower hiring rates compared to many other countries.
With the increase in the demand for effective platform-as-a-service solutions, many businesses worldwide have opted to outsource from Ukraine. Here are a few key reasons why:
- Cost-effective solutions
Because of the country’s low cost of living, it is easy to find PaaS specialists and PaaS solutions at affordable rates.
- Access to more talent
Ukraine is a powerful IT industry hub. The country offers good higher education, producing dozens of PaaS specialists annually.
- More choice
Ukraine has more than 1,500 IT companies. They provide virtually every kind of software development service, including innovative AI Platform as a Service solutions.
- Intellectual property security
In Ukraine, outsourcing companies must comply with non-disclosure agreements. These protect businesses’ ideas from being plagiarized or copied. Businesses can feel secure that their Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) project data will never be shared with a third party.
How to Find a Reliable Platform as a Service Provider
When it comes to selecting a platform as a service provider, the requirements businesses have and evaluation criteria they use will be unique to their organization. However, there are some common areas businesses can focus on during any service provider assessment.
- Consider which features are included. It is important to keep in mind whether the PaaS solution can support a business’ app successfully. As apps grow and develop, adding more and more users, businesses want to make sure they can scale easily with their providers and have the options they need available.
- Check if it is optimized for specific requirements. Businesses have to check if the Platform as a Service companies they choose is optimized for the language and framework they’re using. If it is not, runtimes could pose challenges.
- Confirm if the provider will stick around. Businesses want to make sure their Platform as a Service vendors have a history of trust and reliability with their customers to know they’ll be there for the entire lifecycle of design, development and implementation.
- Consider how many users will be involved. The more users and the more specific the code required, the slower a business application could run. This may be more difficult to migrate from one service provider to another, should the need arise.
- Availability of experienced resources. Businesses have to make sure that resources are available to help them design their application in the PaaS. Designing a cloud application is a new skill set, and if a business team hasn’t done it before, problems may arise. It is, therefore, very important to get guidance.
Mobilunity as a Reliable Vendor in Ukraine
Mobilunity is a Ukrainian outsourcing provider. Through the years, we’ve built an excellent reputation for offering top-quality talent to businesses around the world. We make sure the talent we provide match and often exceed expectations regarding skills, knowledge and experience.
We have worked with many businesses, both big and small, through the years, providing excellent talent and solutions for their projects. Some of the most reputable companies we’ve worked with include FinTech in Canada, Byg-E in Denmark, Zenchef in France and ICUC in Canada.
We work closely with our clients to ensure their goals are met time after time. Our approach when working with clients is simply but highly effective. It includes the following steps:
- Stage 1: Effective recruiting
At Mobilunity, we select candidates according to our client’s ideal candidate profiles. They then complete a test task and pass several interviews. We then make an offer approved by our clients.
- Stage 2: Efficient onboarding
Our team helps with setting up the required environments, configuring essential settings and processes to ensure smooth onboarding.
- Stage 3: Ongoing assistance
Mobilunity focuses on the motivation of teams and staff retention. We make sure all contractual obligations are always met, and we are consistently available to speak with our clients regarding their needs.