How to Hire Freelance React Developer in 2022?
The popularity of React JS consulting and development comes from the usability and flexibility of this tool set. Here are some statistics to showcase how widespread the usage of React is:
- According to Statista, it is in the 2d place among the most used web frameworks around the globe in 2022 (42,62%);
- According to GitHub data, it is a framework number one for front-end programming. It also has shown significant and steady growth in popularity since its initial release in 2011;
- There are over 16 million websites that use this framework.
Some of the most popular ones build with the use of this framework/library are:
Due to the popularity of this technology, it might be challenging to find the right freelance React developer as a lot of them might be booked. And it is also important to look for essential skills and competencies of React developer freelance to find the best fit for the project. In this article, we’ll cover these questions as well as ways of hiring and salary rates.
Advantages And Challenges of React Development
The popularity of this framework comes from the several major advantages it offers for professionals like a part time react front end developer and businesses that are looking for excellent web or mobile application development.
The pros of using this technology are:
- Ability to create stand-alone UI components, visual elements, and the logic behind them;
- It is not restrictive which means it can be combined with a huge variety of other back-end technologies;
- It is an efficient ecosystem that applies to a huge array of purposes from web development to VR applications;
- It allows programmers to break UI/UX components into simpler and smaller ones;
- It uses virtual DOM, which helps a part time React developer to conduct easy and timely re-rendering;
- React is comparatively easy to learn and master;
- It ensures the simple, fast, and effective creation of dynamic web apps;
- With reusable components, a professional freelance developer React Native can build applications faster and with less coding.
Overall, businesses choose to hire a React developer or a team to ensure a fast and smooth development process of the web app’s front end. It is a reliable and long-standing library that ensures efficiency, flexibility, and scalability.
However, there are some challenges a React freelance developer can face during development, namely:
- As the technologies are constantly updated and accelerated, it can be difficult to maintain proper documentation;
React.JS vs React Native: Differences and Features
There might be some confusion when it comes to these two technologies. The names are similar; some assume this means that they are almost the same thing. They are both used for application development, which adds to the misconception.
It is crucial to know the differences to establish whether you need to hire a freelance React Native developer or a React.JS specialist.
What do they have in common? They are both developed by Facebook and both use reusable components for web and mobile app programming.
React.JS is used for front-end programming and React Native is used for native mobile development. React Native development services allow building mobile apps that work on different platforms with a single code base. This means programmers can create one app that can be rendered easily for both Android and iOS.
Here is a comparison table to better understand whether a business needs a part time React JS developer or an expert React Native freelance developer.
|Comparison factor||React.JS||React Native|
|Usage||Front-end development||Native app development|
|Installation||Library integrated with the HTML page||Uses development environment (Android Studio or Xcode)|
|Efficiency||Great for executing apps on the front-end while rendering takes place on the back-end||Integrated with native codes (Swift, Java, Objective-C)|
|Compatibility||You can combine various technologies with React.JS||You can add code with any existing application to React Native|
|Components||It is a component-based library||It has native components and modules|
|Storage||Uses local storage||Uses AsyncStorage|
Also when using React.JS, one needs to keep SEO in mind, while React Native has nothing to do with this factor. These technologies have similar principles and methodologies, but they are used for different purposes. They also differ in terms of end-product platforms.
Skills to Look for to Hire Freelance React Developer
Whether you are looking to hire React Native developer or a React.JS professional, you need to know exactly what competencies to search for.
The main skills of an excellent freelance React JS developer are:
- Excellence in React.JS, understanding of the framework and its principles and best practices;
- The relevant workflows like Flux or Redux;
- Proficiency in APIs like Google API or Facebook API. Great knowledge of RESTful essential services;
- Knowledge of commonly-used front-end programming builders like Babel, NPM, or Webpack;
- Version control and Git;
- Understanding of NPM registry and Node;
- Collaboration, problem-solving, strong communications, and time management.
The essential skills for a React Native developer freelance are:
- Expertise in React assumptions like virtual DOM and JSX;
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML, and functional programming fundamentals;
- Experience in Android and iOS application development and understanding the full cycle of the process;
- Relevant programming tools like Redux, Enzyme, or Hockeyapp;
- Proficiency in type checking, typescript, code debugging, and unit testing. Knowledge of relevant testing tools;
- Experience with REST APIs, third-party libraries, and offline storage management;
- Expertise in React Native technologies like Jest and/or ESLint.
- Collaboration, time management, strong communication, and ability to work in a team.
Sites to Find a React Developer Part Time
There is a decent variety of platforms where you can hire freelance React engineer or consultants. Here are the best ones to start with.
This platform has a rigorous testing process to feature only the best professionals. They need to prove their hard and soft skills, so one can hire freelance React programmer without risks of low-quality performance. One can find a suitable fit here among a variety of competencies presented.
This is a Ukrainian outstaffing company that has over a hundred hiring professionals that can find any expert for your project. The process here is a bit different – you apply for help and define requirements and the company looks for suitable programmers just for you. This is a comfortable way to save time and get a custom fit for any type of project.
This is one of the biggest freelance marketplaces in the world. It offers a great variety of talent, rates, and skills. You post a job proposal here and candidates can apply to do it. After that, you decide with a freelance React programmer is the best for the job. The providers here have a track record and rating, so it is easier to decide.
It is a powerful platform to find excellent freelancers. You can browse through the candidates and apply to interview them. After that, you can make an offer and if they accept, the project collaboration starts. The professionals prove their skills and competencies. Yet, finding a suitable and available freelance web developer React might take some time.
This is a good platform for those looking for continuous cooperation with a freelance full stack developer React. The site finds the talent to match your needs. The selection process is pretty decent, so there is little chance of low-quality work. Upstack also tests soft skills to search for the best addition to the team.
Freelance, In-House Hire, or Outstaffing: Comparison
These are three main ways to find a suitable professional like a front end React developer part time remote, for instance. Each of them has its pros and cons. To decide which one suits your needs best, take a look at this comparison table.
|Longevity||The longest process as you do all the work yourself and need to ensure a perfect fit for the company||Usually is the fastest process as an expert agency can find the best candidates very quickly||The longevity depends on how fast you can select, interview, and decide on contractors|
|Price||It is the most expensive options||Cost-efficient as rates in other countries are usually lower. Also, service providers take care of the majority of employee-related disbursement||Cost-effective but it depends on the exact rates of a programmer.|
|Talent pool||You are limited to local talent and its availability||You access a much wider talent pool as you are not restricted to an exact location||Wide talent pool and a lot of platforms to look on|
|Communication||Offline and instant||Digital, fast||Digital, can be fast or slow, depending on the freelancer|
|Pros||Corporate fit, full control, dedication, motivation, and commitment||Cost reduction, flexible cooperation models, easy and fast hiring process, large talent pool||Cost reduction, ability to find rare expertise and work on a project basis|
|Cons||It is expensive, long, and limited in terms of available talent||Possible cultural differences, time zones, and security concerns||Low retention, communication, and security risks, less commitment to the project, and risk of losing professionals without the ability to replace them fast.|
Outstaffing in Ukraine and Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe and Ukraine in particular are incredibly cost-efficient compared to the US, the UK, and the EU. The average React developer hourly rate is significantly lower, which means that you can access top-notch expertise at a fraction of the price.
Other benefits of outstaffing in Ukraine are:
- The large talent pool of more than 200,000 IT professionals. They are known for their expertise and experience, as well as high-quality work. Such a pool of candidates ensures the opportunity to find the right fit and rare expertise;
- Ukraine has a developed IT infrastructure with a lot of companies, agencies, R&D centers, and offices of major enterprises like Microsoft and Samsung.
- Local service providers have experience in international collaboration and a good knowledge of English, which ensures easy communication;
- Ukraine is a European country, which means similar work and business ethics. So there are not many cultural differences. And the collaboration is comfortable and smooth.
- Ukraine is in GMT+2 time zone. This is particularly convenient for European businesses as there is little time difference.
Freelance React Developer Salary Comparison
An average React developer freelance rate depends hugely on the geographical location of a professional. Here is a comparison table of the average hourly rate for React developer in 5 different countries to showcase this factor.
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
As the average React Native developer hourly rate in Ukraine is significantly lower, it is a popular destination to find suitable experts for projects.
Mobilunity – Reliable Outstaffing Provider
Mobilunity is a Ukrainian outstaffing company that offers excellent services to businesses worldwide. Our team of specialists can find the best React development teams for your unique needs and requirements.
We offer flexible cooperation so you can hire a part-time or full-time specialist. This allows getting the flexibility of freelancers with quality and security guarantees of our company. We have more than 10 years of experience in the provision of dedicated teams and developers for international companies. Among our clients, there are Zenchef (France), Paidy (Japan), BYG-E (Denmark), Network of Arts (Switzerland), Buttonorder (Germany), Vayomar (Israel), and ICUC Social (Canada).