5 Useful Tips to Hire Programmers Online
Why do companies need to hire a coder online? The reasons vary, though on the top there are two variants: start of the new project or the development and improvement of the existing one. There are two main ways of work with software developers: you hire them full-time or on a project basis. The choice mainly depends on the business goals and identity. However, it might be difficult to find the professionals in your location. In this case, more and more companies worldwide choose to hire programmers online. Where do they look for the workers? They create ads, ask for direct referrals, dig deep into the social networks.
Possibilities to Hire a Coder Online
If you have already come up with a need to find the software developers for your project, you have many places to start the search. We distinguish 3 main possibilities for people looking for developers:
- Recruitment agencies. The agencies will create the job description and check the candidates, who will send you a resume. However, they charge a significant fee for the service. It is also not the best variant if you need to find coders as soon as possible.
- Jobseeker websites. You have much more work to do yourself: create a job description, monitor the candidates, look through their resumes, organize interviews. It may take even more time than the services of an agency.
- Freelancer resources. It is quite easy to find the proper candidates online – just choose a website to hire programmers. You can search for candidates through professional networks and freelance portals. The choice on these websites is great: for example, on Freelancer, there are about 39,000,000 users, so you could find the one really quick.
- Software development companies. Many companies like Mobilunity offer not only dedicated teams, but also single programmers. You can hire them online from any point in the world. It is comfortable because the company will study your case and find a coder online with the relevant skillset for you. It also helps if you have no idea which technology stack to use.
Why It’s Become More and More Popular to Find Developers Online?
More and more companies choose online workers rather than full-time employees. The statistics from Upwork say, that 36% of the workers in the US are working from home – it is about 57.3 million people. 61% of these people have 2 or 3 specializations to perform different tasks.
Why is it popular to hire programmers online? For companies, there are 3 main reasons:
- Specialized skills and expertise. In some cases, it is easier and cheaper to hire a remote programmer for the short-term project than to have a full-time employee.
- Cost-effectiveness. When you need a developer for several months, it is cheaper to find a specialist online. The company also saves on the workspace and taxes.
- Project-based work. If you know, that you don’t need the programmer’s assistance constantly – hire a coder online.
Pros and Cons to Hire Programmers Online
Over the last few years, remote work has changed the way we cooperate and do business. Both employers and candidates get win-win cooperation through the internet. So, is it profitable for the business to find developers online? Let’s check some pros and cons.
- High motivation. When you look for the coder online, you get financially motivated people who are interested in your project.
- High quality. When you hire coders online, you get people running their businesses – they do their best to show a perfect result.
- Less money to pay. Hiring through the internet you can save on the expertise – if you need to complete a simple task, hire a junior specialist for a lower price.
- No hidden expenses. When you find web developers online, you don’t have to pay additional fees, taxes, sick-lists or end-of-service allowance.
- Pay for the completed work. You decide on how you will pay: determine milestones and pay partially, or for the whole project at once.
- It is not always possible to check the proficiency of the programmer. Often you can tell that the coder is a true professional only after you get the result.
- It might be difficult to communicate. If you hire a programmer online from the other country, communication might be complicated due to the differences in time zones, language and culture.
5 Tips for Those Who Want to Find Web Developers Online
According to the survey of the CareerBuilder, in 2019 25% of the US employers offer the ability to work remotely. This possibility gives more opportunities for remote online hiring. It might be challenging to search for the developers for your project on the internet, but it is still an important task: these specialists will create the image of your company on the web and help you to communicate with customers. So, if you don’t want to take extra risks when you hire a coder online, try these 5 tips:
- Pay attention to the personal characteristics of the candidate. Which person will fit your project better: determined, persistent, and curious, or low-key and relaxed? Often these characteristics are more important for successful work than the skills. Determine the main qualities of the candidate. For example, for the startup, you may need a versatile, risk-taking and adaptable coder.
- Organize a small trial period. We’ve already mentioned, that it is possible to see the quality of the coder only after the work together. To lower risks when you find developers online, give small non-critical tasks first. It is a test for you and a warm-up for the coder.
- Choose candidates who learn fast. Aptitude works better than a skillset. A person, who can gain new skills when needed will be able to meet unexpected challenges, learn new technologies and adapt them to the project.
- Interview right. Don’t ask trivia questions during the interview. If you ask when PHP was released, you check the memory but not the proficiency. Prepare open-ended questions, which will help to see the passion, ability to solve the problems and avoid conflicts, communication skills, etc.
- Hire without haste, but hire fast. If you want to find web developers online – take your time. Don’t hurry to accept the first candidate you see. Prepare for the slow, but thought-off headhunting. But if you see that the hired person doesn’t really fit into your team or cannot complete the tasks right – don’t wait till it will harm the project. Fire such an employee without hesitation.
Find the Best Programmers for Your Project in Mobilunity
In Mobilunity, we are ready to find programmers online even for the most complicated project. Here you will find junior. middle, and senior specialists in different technologies and programming languages. Our developers create software, websites, CRM systems, and mobile applications for companies from Europe, America, and Asia. Our clients get managed dedicated development teams, find the candidates for the relocation and remote programmers.
How do we choose the candidate for your project:
- You describe your project and vision of the future product
- We determine your goals and needs, think through the technology stack
- We search for the perfect candidate with the relevant experience, who is able to meet your requirements
- The specialist starts working on your project under the determined conditions.