Hire SAP® Crystal Reports Developer
SAP® Crystal Reports is a professional BI tool that can tremendously help in SAP® report creation. It allows users to create visually appealing reports and eliminate the need to rely on other report-writing professionals.
Everything You Need to Know About SAP® Crystal Reports
By using SAP® Crystal Reports, you can connect to such databases as Oracle or OLAP. Users are able to write a simple report or use a sophisticated or specialized Crystal Reports tool to create reports for the client. SAP® Crystal Reports is a perfect tool for helping executives and managers with accountability.
With Crystal Reports, you can create a report from almost any data source. You can use formulas, crosstabs, subreports, and conditional formatting to make data understandable and reveal essential relationships that might otherwise have been hidden. Charts allow you to visualize data when descriptions and numbers are not enough.
The flexibility of Crystal Reports is not limited to creating reports – you can publish reports in various formats, including Microsoft Word and Excel, to be sent by email or posted on the Internet. The advanced web reporting functionality allows other team members to view and update shared reports using a web browser.
Here are the main pros you can get by using this tool:
- A chance to customize your reports. SAP® Crystal Reports can assist you in creating a perfectly designed report that will blend right in with your company’s workflow.
- Convenient delivery of the reports. You can choose any format you like before delivering your reports to clients.
- Connecting to data sources. You can direct to such data sources as ODBC, Native, or OLE DB, as well as others without any problem.
- Enhanced Excel support. With SAP® Crystal Reports, you’ll be able to export more data on one sheet without taking up multiple sheets.
- You can use it with Windows. SAP® Crystal Reports has all the necessary certifications to run on Microsoft Windows perfectly.
- Compatible with mobile devices. You can use your phone or tablet to open a report any time you like.
- Convenience in data storage. You will be able to easily extract the necessary data from any source at any time.
History of the SAP® Crystal Reports and Its Components
The history of the software is full of mergers and acquisitions. The original software was created in 1991 by Terry Cunningham of the Cunningham Group. Later, in 1994 the Crystal Services company was acquired by Seagate Technology, an American tech giant. Almost ten years later, in 2003, the software company was acquired by BusinessObjects, and a year after version 11 was released. SAP® then acquired BusinessObjects in 2007. Since then, SAP® has been working on updating the software and developing new elements to it. The latest version – 14.2, was released in 2016.
Crystal Reports has the following components in it: Report Design Canvas, Rules, Structure mode, and its components. The Report Design Canvas is a component used to design a report’s structure with different elements like charts, data objects, and tests. The Rules tool allows users to change measurement units by changing the unit option on the canvas tab. If you need to define the layout of reports, you can do this with the Structure and Page modes. A frame represents each object. Structure mode includes such modules and components as Header (both Report and Page), Footer, Body, and Page Mode.
- Crystal Reports is a Business Intelligence software solution which helps to develop advanced reports based on specific criteria;
- Business owners can Improve productivity and efficiency with professional reports and analytics that give a clear picture of business performance;
- The reporting capabilities are combined with the secured delivery mechanisms of SAP® Crystal Server;
- The system offers the ability to write customized reports from many data sources and visualize data in reports;
- It offers multi-language and multi-device support for up to 28 languages;
- Initially developed by the Cunningham Group in 1991.
A Typical Skillset for a SAP® Crystal Reports Developer
Hiring a specialist like this requires knowing their typical skillset first. This will help you in finding the best developer for your project. Let’s take a look at some of the most important hard skills for crystal developers:
- SQL proficiency. With strong SQL knowledge, even an entry-level SAP® lumira reports developer can convert crystal reports to an SQL server. It also allows you to create highly specialized client reports.
- Procedures development. A Crystal developer will be able to satisfy the reporting requirements by creating views or stored procedures. Implementation of the new procedures and their further improvement can also ensure the accuracy of crystal reports.
- Business objects. Familiarity with business objects helps create proper security settings and manage access privileges for different types of clients. With this skill, a Crystal Reports developer can significantly improve the reporting environment and secondary reporting tools in the company.
- Web intelligence. A skill like this will help your crystal developers create flawless web and desktop intelligence reports as well as synchronize the data received from different providers.
- Business processes. Being familiar with most business processes allows developers to create accurate crystal reports for some of them, such as billing reconciliation or HRIS employee data updates.
- Toad. One of the SAP® BI report developer responsibilities is simulating data mart with tests and develop queries necessary for the report creation.
It would not be fair not to mention the soft skills a proper SAP® Crystal Reports XI developer should have. These could easily be called the most important ones:
- Troubleshooting. A skilled Crystal Reports programming specialist should quickly read the code, find and eliminate any errors in it. By applying the troubleshooting skill, a Crystal Reports developer can optimize the SQL queries and increase their efficiency.
- Attention to detail. Writing a code is a very responsible task as one little mistake can affect the whole project. This is why a SAP® PI developer should be extremely attentive.
- Analytical thinking. This skill often helps SAP® Crystal Reports developers get a clearer understanding of the professional documentation. It also allows them to base their decisions in work on logical conclusions.
Becoming a SAP® Crystal Developer: How to
A SAP® SF LMS report developer role isn’t the easiest one to obtain. It takes a lot of training and dedication to become one of these specialists. Below you can find a table with basic skills and requirements for each career step for a crystal reports developer SAP®.
|Junior SAP® Crystal Reports Developer||Middle SAP® Crystal Reports Developer||Senior SAP® Crystal Reports Developer|
|Years of Experience||0,5+||2-4||5+|
|Necessary skills||Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills, Unit Testing processes knowledge, experience with Crystal Enterprise.||Crystal Enterprise, Seagate Info, Report Optimization, Crystal Reports integration with SAP®.||Experience using SAP® Financial and SAP® HR, moderately complex queries and reports creation, reusable reporting templates creation, POWER BI, Google Looker.|
|Education||High school degree or GED||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field||Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field|
SAP® BO Reports Developer Salary Comparison
Before hiring any crystal reports programming specialists, it is always best to understand these specialists’ salary situation on the market. We want you to be fully prepared, so we made a comparison table for you with the crystal report developer net monthly salaries for different countries.
|The monthly rate for crystal reports business objects developer, $||$3,206||$6,822||$5,755||$5,441||$2,500-3,000*|
*Based on the data of our internal Recruiting Team
As you see, in terms of cost-effectiveness, Ukraine holds the leading position. It might make someone think, though, that this country’s IT services are equally low in quality. In reality, Ukraine offers one of the best IT pools in the world, which makes it a worthwhile outsourcing destination.
In-House vs. Remote Recruiting: Which One to Pick?
Anyone who’s been thinking about hiring a SAP® developer remote team has probably thought about recruiting the same team but in-house one. Which option suits you more you can decide after taking a look at the table below:
Mobilunity – Your SAP® Crystal Reports Developer Vendor
The variety of software development, as well as crystal reports development, tech staffing agencies, and business process outsourcing firms in Eastern Europe might seem overwhelming at first glance. There are hundreds, if not thousands, companies that provide dedicated or part-time development teams. But, with such a big spread, it’s extremely difficult to pick the right partner with the right people on board.
While choosing a vendor, you need to consider a few things:
- How extensive the reach of the dev market is in that country;
- The expertise of the firm and its reputation amongst others;
- Cultural and corporate standards of the company;
- How the services are priced, their structure;
- Transparency of the process – from recruitment to the roll-out;
While most of the Ukrainian staffing agencies can check a few boxes, only a mere couple of them can check all of them and also specify the reasons why they are worth your while with actual facts. Luckily, one of such companies is Mobilunity. Mobilunity is nearshore development and tech staffing provider with more than 10 years of experience and over 40 satisfied, long-term clients. Mobilunity is a trustworthy provider with an excellent reputation, and one of the most extensive talent markets in the country. The company proudly serves and partners up with innovative businesses from 20 countries such as Zenchef, Esurance, XPLG, Paidy, Byrd, and others.
By becoming a client of Mobilunity, you will be able to:
- Effectively scale your development team and processes;
- Focus on what’s important to your business on a strategic level;
- Restructure and reduce the operational costs for the team;
- Gain flexibility and higher service delivery rates;
- Build a partnership with excellence in mind;
We’re just 5 steps away! Here’s how the process could look like for you:
Step 1 – Describe your needs and project you’re working on to the Mobilunity’s team and together, we’ll create a 5-star SAP® BO crystal reports developer resume sample.
Step 2 – Once we have a clear understanding of your business needs, our recruitment teams begin the search for a perfect match for your team.
Step 3 – After that, you will receive a list of potential candidates who we think are the best match. Pick whoever meets your requirements most, and we’ll schedule an interview to align on the next steps.
Step 4 – If need-be, we can schedule the interviews with the rest of the team and also conduct a couple of tests to verify the crystal reports designer’s skills.
Step 5 – Lastly, we start working together and scaling your team with the ultimate tech talents.
As you can tell, the process is pretty straightforward, and you have a say on every step. Mobilunity helps you to make the right choice. We will prepare as many CVs as needed to ensure only the top tier SAP® Crystal Reports developers are to join your team.