Hire Haskell Developer
Haskell Language Brief Overview
Whether you are looking for an iOS developer for hire or someone who is skilled in Haskell, you will want to ensure that they fully understand the technologies in question. While there are many that will know what iOS programming languages are, fewer will have heard of Haskell. So what exactly is Haskell and where is it used?
Haskell is a general-purpose programming language that has been around for a surprisingly long time. In fact, it was first designed way back in 1990. It is named after a US-based mathematician called Haskell Brooks Curry. One of the few people out there that is able to boast of three software programming languages being named after each of their names.
The semantics have originated from Miranda programming language with the last specification being in 2010. Another, however, is currently planned for within 2020. In Google search, the Haskell language is 23rd by the popularity of searches.
The main areas in which people seek to hire Haskell developers are within academia and Industry. The following are just a few examples of companies that are currently using Haskell:
- Bank of America Merril Lynch for backend data transformation
- Starling Software in Japan for options trading
- Siemens within its space division
- Microsoft within Bond
- BAE within its SAFE project
- Intel with its Haskell compiler
- NVIDIA for some of its in house tools
- AT&T within the network security
Why Should You Hire Haskell Developers?
One of the many reasons that companies and developers alike go with Haskell is its ease and speed of use when it comes to prototyping. Its code is highly robust and often the prototype will become the actual app used.
So why should you hire a Haskell developer to create your piece of software? The following are just a few reasons why you should outsource your Haskell development to an expert rather than doing the work yourself in-house:
- The first and most important is that of expertise: if you hire Haskell programmers with certification, you will get to work with an expert in the language.
- Improved speed of development: working with someone that has masses of experience will help you to ensure that your coding is done so much quicker.
- Fewer issues: they will be able to ensure that the code written has fewer bugs and will be easier to correct.
- Higher quality: using Haskell contractors will ensure that your code is more likely to meet your requirements as well as things you had failed to think of.
- Lower costs: often, using a contractor of any type will allow you to get the work done so much cheaper than if you had to hire someone in-house. It also allows you the flexibility to hire from a cheaper economy giving you further savings.
In What Should Haskell Contractors Be Qualified?
If you want to hire a Haskell programmer you will want to know that they are up to the project that you have in mind. While it is almost always best to hire someone with an IT degree that in itself is not any guarantee that they will be able to work with Haskell.
Your Haskell engineer must have experience with the use of Haskell and preferably other functional programming languages. Having experience across other languages such as Scala will help them to ensure that they will be able to deliver what you need.
They should also be able to demonstrate experience with delivering projects similar to your own using Haskell. The more projects involved in the better as they will be able to bring that learning to help with your projects.
Being involved in many Haskell projects will also allow them to demonstrate the soft skills that will be required to work within a team. Skills such as teamwork, communication and leadership will all be good to have for a programmer.
In addition, they should also have experience with version control systems such as Git and program management software for running the projects that they have been involved in. This is especially important if the members of your team are working remotely.
The following is an example of what you should be looking for in their resume as a Haskell developer for your team:
Haskell Developer Resume Sample
- Programming in Haskell
- Good math skills
- Programming skills in languages such as Scheme, Scala and Standard ML
- Software version control such as Git
- Full understanding of the use of databases
- Full understanding of using compilers
- Debugging skills
- 3 years experience of writing code in Haskell for multiple clients
- Working as part of a team to define client needs and delivering them through working code
- Analysis of code, debugging and creation of test software
- Working remotely as part of an extended coding team to successfully deliver code
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
Why Should You Hire Haskell Developer Remote in Ukraine?
With the technology that we have today, there is no reason to limit yourself to hiring software engineers and developers within your own country. However, at much lower costs you can hire a Haskell developer remote from where you are located and take advantage of what other countries have to offer. The following are just a few of the advantages of hiring within Ukraine:
- The most popular field for further education is IT with about 185,000 qualified professionals in the country
- There are more than 23,800 new tech graduates every year
- A great amount of Ukrainian developers have good English skills
- Ukraine is located in Europe and reachable from anywhere in the region in just a few hours
- Highly affordable when compared to Western countries