Stack Overflow’s founder
With newcomers constantly breaking into the industry, a JS developer might be wondering what the future holds for the industry. Some might wonder if the supply doesn’t surpass the demand by 2020 or if the JS developer salaries don’t take the fall due to the development of CMS engines.
Research assures software engineers that there isn’t a reason to worry. According to Robert Half and other estimations, the demand for front-end development will grow by as much as 27%.
- The number of monthly job offers posted – 15,357;
- Top states by JS developer salaries – Connecticut, Massachusetts. The third highest is the NYC.
Here’s how salaries in the US are distributed by the level of experience (according to Indeed.com):
- Up to 1 year – $60,000 per year;
- 2-4 years – $66,000 per year;
- 5-9 years – $84,000 per year;
- 10-19 years – $99,000 per year;
- Over 20 years – $110,000 per year.
- Up to 10 people – $72,300 per year;
- 10-50 people – $70,200 per year;
- 51-200 people – $76,150 per year;
- 201-600 people – $78,700 per year;
- 601-2,000 people – $83,400 per year;
- 2,001-5,000 people – $81,200 per year;
- 5,001-20,000 people – $87,500 per year;
- Over 50,000 people – $87,400 per year.
While Brexit might have affected the British economy at some levels, when it comes to software development, the UK is going strong and leads the way in Europe. The flourishing of JS development has reflected positively on the salaries making British JS developers the leaders by wages.
Speaking of European main tech hubs, it would be wrong to leave France aside. The country has a strong growing demand for tech professionals as well as the bunch of skilled coders graduating French polytechnical schools every year.
By salaries, France is among the European leaders. This stands true for software development as well.
Being one of the cheapest countries for living in the European Union, Poland is among the top web development outsourcing destination for JS development outsourcing. The reason for the country being on the top of offshore development is a relatively low web developer salary rates.
The average developer salary in Poland (according to PayScale): $18,000 per year. Hiring an entry developer, you can settle for as little as $9,000 per year. However, if you’re looking for the country’s best professionals, get ready to pay as much as $59,000 per year.
If you’re looking for an outsourcing destination for JS development, Ukraine is among the top picks. By the quality of development, it doesn’t give way to any other European country. However, due to a crisis in the job market, the salaries of Ukrainian JS developer are quite low.
To give you a better idea about the state of JS developer salaries in Ukraine, here are some numbers (backed up by the data provided by DOU – the biggest developers community in Ukraine).
- Entry level – $8,400 per year;
- Middle level – $22,000 per year;
- Senior level – $42,000 per year.
In order to provide business owners and developers with a better overview on JS developer salary in the top tech hubs, we created a comparative salary table that you can see below:
JS Developer Salary in Different Cities of Ukraine
According to the survey provided by DOU – the online community of Ukrainian developers, the top Ukrainian software development hubs are Kiev, Kharkiv, Lviv, Dnipro, and Odessa.
Let’s take a look at the average JS developer salary for each of the cities:
- Middle level – $1,850 per month;
- Senior level – $3,600 per month.
- Junior level- $590 per month;
- Middle level – $2,000 per month;
- Middle level – $1,600 per month;
- Senior level – $3,250 per month.
- Junior level – $600 per month;
- Middle level – $1,825 per month;
- Senior level – $3,000 per month.
- Junior level – $600 per month;
- Middle level – $1,950 per month;
- Senior level – $3,700 per month.
How Much Would You Save Hiring a Team of Ukrainian Developers?
While Ukraine is one of the cheapest countries to hire a team of outsourcing developers in, looking at the numbers for other outsourcing locations – Philippines, India – it’s clear there are even cheaper destinations.
Regardless, Ukrainian IT market is very well thought of when it comes to big European and American companies and provides a very high-quality labor force. Let’s take a look at the numbers to prove the point:
- Ukraine is a top development outsourcer to Great Britain.
- According to Global Outsourcing List, out of the top 100 outsourcing companies, 13 are Ukrainian.
- Ukraine is geographically convenient. Being located in the very heart of Europe, Ukraine is not difficult to reach for a face-to-face meeting unlike Asia or Latin America.
- Price aligns well with the quality. The cost of development is relatively low but the quality of development is not worth than that of Polish, German, French, British, or American developers.
- Favorable taxation. Tax policy in Ukraine presents no challenges for foreign businesses. If your company is located in the EU and you’re a taxpayer, there is no need to pay additional taxes in Ukraine.
How to Hire a Developer in Ukraine?
While Ukraine seems a faraway country that’s difficult to reach, in reality, there’s plenty of choices when it comes to IT outsourcing. In fact, the sector makes up for a fair share of the overall Ukrainian market.
Sure, while looking for an outsourcing team, it’s important to look for a reputable company whom you can trust with sharing confidential information and assigning challenging tasks. At Mobilunity, you’ll find exactly this type of team. We’re one of the first international outsourcing companies in Ukraine, with hundreds of qualified developers working on projects in Europe and the United States.