Hire Blockchain Developer
The Internet has connected the entire world into one big cyberspace where people can instantly communicate and exchange data with each other regardless of physical location. Just a few decades ago, people had to use courier services, which typically took a couple of days or weeks and cost a significant amount of money, just to exchange letters and messages. The emergence of emails has made it possible to exchange messages within seconds and has brought down the cost of exchanging messages to practically zero.
Similarly, the rise of digital currencies has achieved the same feat with monetary exchanges and transactions. It has allowed the exchange of money between people without requiring the physical transfer of cash, expanding the possibilities of the internet to online payments and transactions between people even when they’re thousands of miles apart. Many digital currencies, however, come with their own security concerns and may be susceptible to fraud and hacking. With the rise of digital currencies rises the demand for cryptocurrency developers.
More recently, cryptocurrencies emerged as a solution to the many security risks involved in most digital currency transactions. Whereas typically, digital currencies required some central authority to regulate transactions and detect fraud, cryptocurrencies work without the need for one. Instead, cryptocurrencies normally use a blockchain, a public record of transactions that are maintained by an entire network of computers, to validate transactions and provide reliability. A blockchain is secure by design because transaction records cannot be altered once they’ve been recorded in the blockchain without disrupting the entire network. The most popular cryptocurrency by far is the bitcoin, which holds over 61% of the total market capitalization of cryptocurrencies. Users typically use third-party services to store and manage their bitcoin credits, and these services are commonly called bitcoin wallets. One of the most popular providers for such bitcoin management services is Blockchain, aptly named after the technology behind bitcoin. In this article, we take a closer look at bitcoins and Blockchain, and how Blockchain, bitcoin development, and Blockchain dev can help businesses.
Blockchain Overview and Reasons to Hire a Blockchain Developer
Created in August 2011, Blockchain is a company that provides three core services. Their first service, available from Blockchain.info, is a blockchain explorer that allows users to explore bitcoin transactions and quickly check the status of any bitcoin transaction. Just over two years into the creation of Blockchain.info, it became the most popular bitcoin website in the world with 118 million monthly page views and 3 million monthly unique visitors. Moreover, it has become a standard reference for bitcoin statistics, and it is being used by popular financial companies like Reuters and Bloomberg for their reports.
Another core service provided by Blockchain is their bitcoin wallet. This service enables users a simple and secure platform through which they can manage their bitcoins, as well as make bitcoin payments to and from other users. In addition to bitcoins, the Blockchain also supports ether, which is the currency used for the Ethereum platform, another emerging cryptocurrency that is gaining momentum and is the second most popular cryptocurrency after the bitcoin. Blockchain currently hosts over 18 million cryptocurrency wallets and has processed over 100 million transactions between users from over 140 countries around the world.
The third core service provided by Blockchain is its developer platform, where they provide what they claim to be the world’s most used cryptocurrency APIs. Block chain developers can use these APIs to add Blockchain’s services to the applications and enable their users to pay with bitcoins, and even check bitcoin and ether exchange rates and statistics without having to leave and open a separate browser. The Blockchain API currently supports Python, Java, C#, Ruby, PHP, and Node as programming languages for Blockchain programming and bitcoin programming. If you’re looking to add support for bitcoin to PHP applications or if you’re looking to create a Blockchain Java app, hiring metaverse developer or Blockchain developers can help you use these APIs.
Blockchain Development Services You Get
From identifying blockchain opportunities for your business to delivering customized blockchain development solutions — we can help. And below are the primary services we offer:
- Blockchain technology consulting. If you only consider implementing blockchain technology, our experts can help you find the most profitable opportunities. They draft an action plan and assist with its implementation. Once you need professional advice on developing specific blockchain solutions and maximizing their value for your business, our consultants are a call away.
- dApps development. So you’ve assessed that a dApp will bring you more benefits than creating a traditional application? It’s time to go to a blockchain development agency or outsource blockchain app development services. Our programmers will analyze the purpose of your dApp and offer optimal tech requirements for this solution.
- NFT marketplace development. Technavio’s research predicts that the NFT market size is expected to grow by nearly $114 billion during 2022-2027. NFTs find their applications beyond media and art, becoming an attractive investment for insurance, banking, financial, and other companies. And our pros will help your brand launch an exclusive NFT collection and attract customers and employees with gamification.
- Metaverse development. Our metaverse development services include Augmented, Virtual, and Mixed Reality technologies. Our developers use AI and ML algorithms, 3D modeling, cloud computing, and game engines to help companies reach their audiences on PCs and mobiles. Professionals empower your real-world assets with virtual ones to make your business flourish for years.
- Blockchain supply chain development. Using blockchain for supply chains is recommended by top companies like Deloitte. Implementing this technology will help you grow the transparency and efficiency of your supply chain. It’ll also promote cutting costs and gaining authority in manufacturing. However, you’ll have to engage a top-notch blockchain development firm or hire blockchain developers through us.
- Custom blockchain development of apps. Statista forecasts that spending on blockchain solutions will reach $19 billion by 2024. Blockchain popularity has grown because its applications are secure, reliable, and profitable. And our developers will make the backend, front-end, and design of your apps ideal for your purposes and audience. That’s because they have extensive expertise and run thorough tests.
- Smart contracts development. Whether you choose public, private, or hybrid blockchains, smart contracts can revolutionize your business. Due to the absence of third parties, such solutions don’t allow any manipulations and are cost-saving. Full automation makes smart contracts reliable, and our developers create codes that perfectly match your requirements.
- Decentralized exchange development. The custom blockchain solutions that our dedicated experts offer include the creation of decentralized financial exchanges (DEX). These platforms automatically match orders and execute transactions, making all the exchange processes controllable, reliable, and fast. A dedicated team of blockchain programmers will develop your DEX and help to maintain it.
- Blockchain wallet development. When you think of contracting a blockchain software development company to create a crypto wallet, consider outsourcing a team of programmers with us instead. Thus, you’ll save and get a functional and convenient product. They create mobile applications and web apps or extensions, ensuring instant crypto payments, secure loan transactions, and seamless trading experiences.
- Tokenization. Tokenization allows the splitting and encoding of sensitive information on your buyers’ cards during checkouts. This way, you never reveal their names or payment details, even when a data breach occurs. So you need to delegate token creation to a highly reliable blockchain development company or hire a blockchain developer with us.
Platforms Your Blockchain Development Team Can Use
Choosing the suitable platform for your blockchain solution depends on the critical features of your project. Even the most popular blockchain platforms have significant differences in transaction fees and latency, the number of transactions per second, and the number of validators. But a professional blockchain developer for hire will help you get the optimal balance of critical characteristics.
Below are several key platforms that our experts use for your blockchain development solutions:
- Ethereum. This platform was created in 2013. Since then, it has become the most established network with its own cryptocurrency — ether. Ethereum is perfect for creating dApps and digital asset exchanges, so hire Ethereum developer for these tasks. Also, this platform boasts top-notch tools and an environment for programming smart contracts. However, the high average transaction cost and slow payment processing are the main drawbacks of Ethereum. Microsoft, Intel, and JPMorgan are members of the alliance that manages Ethereum’s development community.
- Stellar. The Stellar network is built for keeping, sending, and receiving money. And with blockchain application development services our teams offer, you can build global payment apps, asset exchanges, and micropayment services. Some top companies like MoneyGram, Circle, and Flutterwave use this platform for processing payments. That’s because the Consensus Protocol of this public blockchain network allows its algorithms to speed up sending and receiving funds in any part of the world.
- Hyperledger. Hyperledger network has two platforms. Hyperledger Fabric is a set of plug-and-play components. Its module-based structure helps create blockchain applications with various requirements. It also executes transactions quickly, and the speed and security can be improved in closed blockchain deployments. With Hyperledger Sawtooth, project owners can protect their data with “trusted execution environments.” Moreover, this platform’s community always adds new algorithms, features, and GDPR-compliance functionality.
- Corda. Though Corda doesn’t have all blockchain features, it often performs better than other blockchains. For instance, it doesn’t pack transactions into batches and processes them in real-time. This approach attracts financial institutions, regulatory bodies, fintech firms, and top banks like HSBC and BoFA. This network of organizations makes Corda an ecosystem of world-leading financial players. It also gains popularity as a platform for processing insurance repayments, competing with state blockchain networks.
- Substrate. This framework boasts revolutionary use cases across many industries. One of its outstanding features is the connection to another blockchain — Polkadot. It allows cross-chain payments without creating bridges and separating the security networks. With Substrate’s tools, programmers can develop, deploy, and debug solutions faster. And users can interact with this network through browsers. Substrate evolves together with blockchain technology, introducing new consensus mechanisms and innovations. However, this happens without changes in the foundation based on the WebAssembly protocol.
- Avalanche. Avalanche is aimed at building dApps, using smart contract functions, creating blockchain games, and promoting NFTs. Though it’s one of Ethereum’s competitors, Avalanche is compatible with this top blockchain. Users can transfer tokens between the two platforms and run the same-code smart contracts on Ethereum. Avalanche needs around 2 seconds to finalize a transaction and processes 4,500 operations per second. This platform has three built-in blockchains aimed at trading assets, coordinating validators, and creating smart contracts.
- Polkadot. Polkadot is the network of parachains — specialized blockchains that make this platform decentralized and interoperable. So you can transfer any assets, tokens, or data through connected networks. This blockchain allows users to realize multiple transactions quicker as it spreads them across parallel parachains. Moreover, Polkadot has the lowest carbon footprint among the Proof of Stake blockchain protocols. While each chain within the Polkadot’s infrastructure remains self-governed, they have shared security algorithms.
- NEAR. This blockchain lets companies build Web3 applications that their customers love. The NEAR’s registration model is simple for users, so this platform has 24M+ accounts. The average transaction cost is around $0.01, and the time to finality equals 1.2 seconds. Once you need scaling, it’ll require minimal fees and time. With 476k daily transactions on this blockchain, your scale will be effortless. So if you opt for a NEAR blockchain developer hire this person with us.
- Hedera. The average transaction cost on Hedera is $0.001, and the average kWh spent on it equals 0.00017. This public network’s Governing Council includes top universities and global enterprises like Google, IBM, Dell, Boeing, LG, and others. The combination of optimized smart contracts, consensus service APIs, and native tokenization allows your blockchain developers to create Web3 apps. A reliable codebase, predictable and low fees, and fast finality are critical benefits of Hedera.
- Tezos. Tezos requires less energy to operate, and it’s cheaper than Bitcoin or Ethereum. So many businesses choose this blockchain to build eco-friendly applications in the era of Web3. Tezos uses mathematical verification for its smart contracts making them secure and reliable. Ensuring constant upgrading and adjusting to current business needs, this platform helps entities leverage blockchain technology. And one of the bright examples is increased size limits for smart contracts.
Skills Blockchain Programmer for Hire Should Have
When looking for a good Blockchain software engineer to integrate Blockchain functionalities into your application, here are some blockchain developer skills and qualifications you should look for.
Thorough Understanding of Cryptocurrencies
A Blockchain software developer won’t be very reliable if he doesn’t understand how bitcoins and ethers work. A good developer has to have mastered the basics and fundamentals of cryptocurrencies in able to be efficient at Blockchain programming and properly using Blockchain’s various APIs. This includes some understanding of how a blockchain serves as the backbone that powers bitcoins.
Proficiency in One of the Supported Languages
Blockchain’s APIs support the six programming languages mentioned above, so if you’re planning to create an application with which to integrate Blockchain’s services, it will be best to use one of these languages. When you hire a Blockchain dev, make sure he’s proficient in the language you select for your project, so he can smoothly integrate Blockchain functionalities with the rest of your application.
Actual Experience with Bitcoin and Ether
Understanding the theory behind cryptocurrencies may be useful, but actual experience in transacting with these currencies will give you a lot of advantages when leveraging your application to deliver the best user experience possible. Once you hire Blockchain programmer, this expert can easily understand the needs of your application’s users and easily build the app around these needs.
Blockchain Developer Resume Samples
Here are some sample blockchain developer resume from actual blockchain engineers to give you a better picture of their usual background and skills.
Senior Blockchain Developer for Hire Resume
Middle Blockchain Programmer for Hire Resume
Junior Blockchain Developer for Hire Resume
Blockchain Developer Certification
One additional layer of qualification that blockchain developers can acquire to prove their expertise and capabilities in blockchain development is to secure a blockchain certification to become a certified blockchain professional. Companies usually have a chance to evaluate the abilities of candidates while asking specific industry-related blockchain developer interview questions. This will demonstrate a deep understanding and mastery of various blockchain concepts, both theoretical and practical. Take heed, though, because a number of certifications are available but not all of them are reliable measures of blockchain development aptitude. For this purpose, here are two of the generally accepted industry-standard blockchain developer certification granting institutions that blockchain developers may look into.
Blockchain Training Alliance
Designed with the Certification Advisory Board, the Blockchain Training Alliance offers a number of different certifications for blockchain development, as well as online courses and training to help prepare for these certifications. Among the certifications offered are the following:
- Certified Blockchain Business Foundations – This tests a developer’s knowledge on blockchain foundations, benefits of using blockchain, mechanics, and inner workings of the blockchain technology, and how blockchain may be used for businesses. Holders of this certificate are considered a certified blockchain developer.
- Certified Blockchain Solution Architect – A higher-level certification, this tests the ability of developers to design and structure complete end-to-end digital solutions using the blockchain technology for different use cases and implementations. Holders of this certificate are considered a certified blockchain expert.
- Certified Blockchain Security Professional – This tests a developer’s in-depth knowledge of the blockchain technology in the context of cybersecurity, and tests understanding of concepts like smart contracts and blockchain risk assessment
Cryptocurrency Certification Consortium
The Cryptocurrency Certification Consortium (C4) is another institution that grants various cryptocurrency-related certifications. It also establishes standards on cryptocurrency security implementations, called the CryptoCurrency Security Standard (CCSS). Among the certifications offered by C4 are the following:
- Certified Bitcoin Professional – This is a certification that tests knowledge of the cryptocurrency concepts specific to bitcoin, and covers foundational topics such as the basics of cryptography, bitcoin mining, bitcoin wallets, and key management.
- Certified Bitcoin Expert – This is a certification that measures expertise of the bitcoin technology, including the bitcoin protocol and network, bitcoin APIs, and the economic considerations surrounding bitcoin trading.
- Certified Ethereum Developer – This is a certification that tests knowledge of the cryptocurrency concepts specific to ethereum development, and covers foundational topics such as ethereum virtual machines, design patterns, and smart contracts. If you want to hire smart contract developer but have some doubts about it, do not be confused, you are welcome to contact Mobilunity specialists!
Blockchain Developer Salary Rates: How Much It Does It Cost to Hire Blockchain Developers?
Now that you know what to look for in a good Blockchain and bitcoin developer, your next concern would be the cost: how much is the typical blockchain engineer salary? In order to find out, let’s take a look into blockchain developers salary and compare the average blockchain developer salary in different countries. For this blockchain salary comparison, we use PayScale, which gives us the average self-reported salaries in various industries.
Since there is no available data for Blockchain programmer salary in particular, we compare the salaries of software engineers in general. Though it won’t be giving us accurate values for the actual costs, it will nonetheless give us a sufficiently accurate comparison of costs to find a blockchain developer in different countries. This will then allow us to infer the relative Blockchain architect salary or Blockchain consultant salary in different countries. According to PayScale, the average gross annual salaries for software engineers in various countries are as follows:
*Ukrainian salaries are provided based on Mobilunity’s Recruitment Team research on the local job markets. All salaries are net and do not include the service fee (in case of hiring on a dedicated team model). The salaries are provided for comparison purposes and could be not entirely accurate. Contact us to know the exact cost of hiring a developer corresponding to the required parameters.
It is clear from the above figure of salary Blockchain developer comparison that Ukraine developers offer by far the most affordable rates among the countries we compared and allow companies to get huge savings ranging from 45% to up to 70% compared to Blockchain developer salary in the US. So if you’re looking for Java Blockchain developers, hiring from Ukraine will be your most practical option as it offers among the lowest blockchain developer salary.
Ways to Hire Blockchain Developer
There are several ways to hire Blockchain developer. Let’s take a look at three of the most popular among hiring Blockchain developer options and see which one is best for you.
In-house Blockchain Developer for Hire
You can always take the traditional route to find blockchain developers and hire a bitcoin developer from your local market. One way to do this is by posting jobs at one of the many job search websites like LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Indeed. This method is the most direct, but it can also be the most expensive, as the cost of hiring developers in many countries can be very high. In addition, this method will require you to provide physical resources like office workstations and computers for your hired developer, pay for his own software licenses, and pay for government-mandated fees like taxes and insurance. Moreover, this usually involves long-term contracts, so you will have to keep your developer even after your project finishes. Also, there is another option you might want to consider for your business – hiring a blockchain consultant. Blockchain consulting is a bit different from a stereotyped advisory, you will receive a personalized approach to how to manage your company’s activity in the most effective way.
Hire Blockchain Developer on a Freelance Basis
You can also hire a freelance Blockchain team or a sole block chain developer. One way to do this is by browsing through freelance portals like Upwork, Freelancer, or Toptal. This method can be quite cheap due to the intense competition in the freelancer community, but it can also be very risky, because your freelancer has little accountability for your project and can simply opt out of your project at any time, without any obligation to notify you properly. The quality of work that you get can also be at stake since the skill levels of freelancers can be highly uncertain.
Hire Blockchain Developers Offshore
One other option you can take is to hire a dedicated team of Blockchain developers for hire from a third party company that provides dedicated developers. It may be an offshoring, a staffing company, or software development shop. With this method, your developers work for you full-time but stay within their company’s premises to use their office resources. This method therefore also tends to be quite cheap, as you won’t be having to allocate physical and digital resources. Moreover, you also won’t be having to pay taxes and insurance, as the developers’ provider will shoulder those expenses. What’s more, you are able to take full advantage of the low developer cost in some countries to further shrink your expenses. In addition, once you hire bitcoin developer, you will get full reliability and accountability from your developers. To give you even more room for savings, this method also allows you to easily add or remove developers as your requirements change, thereby giving you full control and scalability for your project. Clearly, hiring a dedicated Blockchain team is your best choice, as it achieves the perfect balance of affordability and quality.
Hire Blockchain Developer Remote at Mobilunity
As the popularity of cryptocurrencies as a means of payment continues to rise, the incentive for businesses to support these currencies becomes more and more pronounced. Blockchain is among the most popular platforms to provide support for these currencies. We’ve taken a look at blockchain and how it works, some skills needed to become a good blockchain engineer, some blockchain resume samples, the ways in which one can hire a blockchain consultant, as well as how much it will usually cost to hire a blockchain expert in different countries.
Having learned of all these various things about blockchain, it’s now the perfect time to integrate Blockchain’s services into your own applications by hiring a competent Blockchain developer. If you happen to be looking for one, you’ve come to the perfect place! Here at Mobilunity, we have Europe’s best developers skilled in Blockchain technologies and many other tools. Located in Ukraine, we also offer among the lowest rates you can find on the continent. When you hire a blockchain developer from us, you’re guaranteed to get your money’s full worth.
Contact us to hire Blockchain developers now and let’s modernize your application with Blockchain technologies!
All salaries and prices mentioned within the article are approximate NET numbers based on the research done by our in-house Recruitment Team. Please use these numbers as a guide for comparison purposes only and feel free to use the contact form to inquire on the specific cost of the talent according to your vacancy requirements and chosen model of engagement.