Express.js, Node.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS Web Development
The demand for MEAN stack developers, especially the Node.js has increased constantly from its beginning in 2009. Many big, medium and small organization have regular requirements to hire Node developers for their software development projects. Node JS has been used in multiple combinations of technologies to improve performance, speed, and quality of web products and save the development cost and time.
Express.js, Node.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS Web Development – MEAN
Let’s talk about the features, capabilities, advantages of those technologies individually.
The compatibility of the Node MongoDB combination in web application development is very well known for its high-performance and easy implementation. The web development with Nodejs and MongoDB is highly preferred for the commercial web environments where the performance, speed, and reliability of the service are among the top priorities.
- A cross-platform server-side runtime environment
- A large pool of libraries to interface with multiple OS platforms
- Easily scalable due to event mechanism capability
- Non-blocking and asynchronous API input and output model
- No buffering of data in Node JS
- Fully compatible with Angular JS front-end framework
- It is free to use
- Highly scalable
- Highly fast and efficient
- Reduced development cost
- Improvement development delivery time
- Easy to learn and work with
- Large community to support
- Not very good for CPU intensive applications
- Little bit unstable APIs
- Asynchronous programming is a bit clumsy
Angular JS Technology
Angular JS is 100% suitable for building single page applications SPAs in cross-platform web development environment. This technology allows you to extend HTML syntax for expressing the web components of your dynamic web applications more clearly. The Node.js MongoDB and AngularJS web development is extremely popular in the field of full-stack application development environment.
Salient Features of Angular JS
- It is a perfect and popular front-end UI/UX solution
- Cross-platform framework for SPAs
- A large library of numerous JS functions
- A declarative programming for low-level DOM manipulation with changes in apps
- Higher testing coverage of the code including unit testing
- Very dynamic MVC architecture
- Two-way data binding
- Great support for templates
- In-build dependency injection capability
- Easy to learn and use through HTML declarative programming
- Free to use under MIT license
- Powered by Google
- Effective code reusability
- Numerous plug n play components
- Fast code development
- Reduced development cost
- Too many options confuse the developers to choose the right option
- UI lags due to Angular form limitations
Express JS Technology
Express JS is a fast and lightweight Node.JS framework for developing web applications effectively and efficiently. This platform is specifically designed for the development of web applications and application programming interfaces APIs for Node JS server-side scripting platform.
- An open-source platform for Node.js
- Best for the web application as well as hybrid mobile apps
- Useful in developing effective APIs in Node.js environment
- Express JS is the back-end part of the MEAN development stack
- Fully compatible with the MongoDB database platform
- Offers full-stack web development with MongoDB, Node.js, and Angular.js
- Supports both relational and non-relational databases
- It is a highly un-opinionated framework offers great freedom and flexibility
- Offers advanced routing and URL sharing
- Powerful debugging capabilities
- Efficient template engine to create dynamic content through HTML templates
- Minimalist and fast
- Free to use under MIT license
- Fast, flexible, efficient
- Great for web applications as well as mobile applications
- A strong part of MEAN stack development
- Larger community and support
- Some manual tasks involved that make it a bit tedious
- No built-in error handling mechanism
MongoDB is a nonrelational or NoSQL database program. It is a cross-platform and document-oriented program available as an open-source program to use. The initial release was launched in 2009. It is released under Apache and Server Side Public License (SSPL) licenses.
- Highly flexible database management system (DBMS)
- Uses connections and documents for data schema instead of rows and columns
- Open-source and cross-platform DBMS
- Uses Mongo Shell for database queries and data updates
- Built-in failover and replica capabilities
- Powerful tools for monitoring, automation, and backup
- Built-in best practices and quality standards
- Free to use
- Highly flexible and scalable
- High level of availability
- End-to-end full security
- Compatible with Node.js, Express.js and many other platforms
- Flexibility to create any number of data fields
- Data objects can easily match to other programming languages easily
- Reduced data management cost
- An alternative to Hadoop, spark and other data platforms
- Switch over between master to slave node takes over a minute
- A little bit slow data recording
What Projects the MEAN Technology Stack Is Best for?
The MEAN technology stack is one of the most popular combinations of modern web development technologies. All four components of this technology stack are leaders against their competitors individually. This powerful stack is best for the following kinds of projects:
- Dynamic web application projects
- Retail websites and web applications
- eCommerce web environments
- Big data handling environments
- Web apps that require horizontal scalability
- Online coding classes web platforms
- 100% suitable for Minimal Viable Product MVP web apps
- Any kind of agile, fast and scalable projects
What an Ideal MEAN Technology Stack Developer Should Know?
An ideal developer of MEAN technology stack developers should know:
- Asynchronous programming
- Front-end and back-end basics
- Strong database management skills
- Angular JS, Express.js, Node.js, MongoDB
MongoDB Developer Resume Sample
Finding Node JS Developer For Hire
There are several freelance portals from which you can hire freelance MEAN stack Node JS developers, such as Upwork, Freelancer, and Toptal. Due to the intense competition among freelancers on these portals, this method can be very cheap. However, it comes with some serious risks. You will have little control over your freelancer, and he can opt out of the project at any time for a variety of reasons, so this method tends to be unreliable. Moreover, time zone differences and language barriers may make communication and collaboration more challenging.
Local In-House Developers
You can also directly hire Node JS MEAN stack developers from your local market through job posting websites, and they will become your company’s in-house developers. This method gives you full control over your project and developers and will eliminate problems related to the time zone and language differences. However, it can be quite expensive to hire Node developer, as their rates can be high in many countries. Moreover, you will need to allocate physical resources such as office workstations and computers, as well as pay additional fees like taxes and insurance, further increasing the costs. Also, this often involves long-term contracts, so you can’t simply let your employees go once your project is done.
Another option would be to hire an outsourcing company who will be responsible for the completion of your entire project. This involves explaining the entire project to their business analysts and project managers, who will be the one to assign tasks to their developers. This method takes a big chunk of the workload from you, but can also get quite costly due to additional services like project management and business analysis. Moreover, it leaves you with limited control over your project and is therefore prone to misunderstandings which can cause delays and further increase costs. Also, as with freelancers, time zone and language differences may be a problem.
Clearly, offshoring proves to be the most economical and practical method for hiring a Node.js MEAN developer. One drawback of this method is, as with freelancing, outsourcing and outstaffing are that time zone and language differences may lead to difficulties, so choosing the right country and company to offshore from is very important. And how to choose the best country with affordable Node JS developer salary, the highest amount of awesome Node JS developer resume and high quality we are discussing further in our blog.
Mobilunity as a Great Provider of Node.js, Angular, MongoDB & Express.js Developers
It would be fair to mention that Ukraine became one of the most desirable IT outsourcing destinations over the last couple of years. It has a great number of skilled developers of all sorts, who do not charge much due to the difference in the currency rates. Not to mention that all of them have profile education and at least several years of experience in the field. That is why if you are looking for a Node.js express js developer for hire – Ukraine might be just the right place for you. However, where exactly should you look?
Ukraine has a big number of companies that provide well-qualified Node.js developers. But if you are looking for something truly spectacular – take a look at Mobilunity. It is a reliable solution if you are looking for MERN stack development company as we has more than 40 international clients and a list of successful projects. If you are looking for Node.js consulting company our team will also be happy to help you. This is a company with many years of experience that is ready to fulfill any of your project’s needs. Take a look at the list of benefits they are offering to their potential clients:
- Fair prices. Mobilunity is well-known for its attitude towards price setting. Be sure that you will not be charged more than necessary and every dollar you spend will be explained.
- Plenty of candidates. Mobilunity HR specialists will make everything in their power to find you that perfect Node js and MongoDB developer you need. If you need someone with skills in several fields – no problem, you can find even an Angular and Node js developer at Mobilunity, there is nothing possible!
- Everything for the client. 24/7 customer support, discounts, and personal approach is something that Mobilunity is really proud of.
- Great skills. High professionalism is the least you can expect from Mobilunity specialists. All express.JS developers or any other specialists will have a few years of experience and profile education.
The whole setup process is quite simple – just outline your needs and Mobilunity HR team will find you well-qualified Node.js developers whom you will be able to personally interview. If you like them – you will sign a contract and they will be able to take care of your project right away. So do not hesitate and let Mobility Node.js specialists take care of your project!