What An Ideal Node JS Developer Resume Should Contain?
Given the increasing number of graduates with graduating with these skills, landing a job as a Node.js developer is an uphill task especially if you are starting out. As such, having a good Node.js developer resume that clearly demarcates your skills could make all the difference.
In this article, we are going to look at the skills of a Node.js developer and even show you a Node JS developer resume sample.
The Number of Node Developers Globally
Given the ever-increasing number of Node.js developers, it’s hard to come up with a clear number of how many developers there are. However, we can use a different parameter to try and estimate the number. According to a 2016 report by Statista, approximately 31.5% of developers did indicate that they used Node.js to develop all their IoT solutions. The same report predicted that the IoT market would see a 7.3% CAGR through to 2020.
With more than 6.5 million developers currently engaged in IoT, give or take, 31.5% of the 6.5 million loosely translates into more than 2 million developers when the CAGR if factored in. Locationwise, most of these developers are based in the UK, USA, Brazil, India, Australia, China, and Ukraine.
Best Node JS Development Tools
The introduction of Node.js made it easier for app developers to rapidly create reliable and scalable applications with fewer lines of code. However, the software development ecosystem continues to evolve meaning even the development tools continue to evolve.
Here is a list of commonly used Node.js development tools:
Derby.js is a full stack Model View Controller framework that is widely used for most modern web applications. One of the unique features of this framework is the ability to synchronize text data and JSON between databases, servers, and browsers in real-time.
Developers working on heavy front-end projects will also appreciate the fact that this framework supports server-side rendering.
Other great features of Derby.js include conflict resolution, templates binding, and offline usage, which makes writing multi-user applications much simpler.
As a developer, working experience with this tool not only gives you an upper-hand over your peers, it also helps you Node.js developer resume stand out.
This Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development assertion framework seamlessly integrates with almost every testing framework. It’s mainly used to run asynchronous tests and operates in either Node.js or a browser.
Thanks to its rich plugins, it can also be used as an assertion tool –something that would leave a smile on any developers’ face.
Express is an apt web application framework that features a set of powerful and effective features that come in handy when creating mobile and web apps. It enables developers to create robust API’s in a simple and easy fashion which is a developer’s dream.
Furthermore, when combined with Node.js, they can be used to design a fully fledged website with Node.js helping develop the server side, as Express.js gets deployed in publishing the apps.
Must-Have Skills for a Node.js Developer
Give the competitive nature of the IT industry, your node JS developer resume should reflect some if not all of the following skills.
- A coherent understanding of OOPs concepts
- Proficiency in NodeJS framework: Koa.js, Express.js, Hapi, and Total.js
- Deep understanding of API Communication, and RESTful APIs.
- Hands-on experience in asynchronous programming.
- Database scheme management.
- User authentication and authorization.
- Data protection.
- Debugging skills.
- Single page app development using MVC architecture.
- Node package manager understanding.
Although these are some of the major skills required for a Node.js developer position, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t learn other things. It’s important to try as much as possible to decorate your Node.js developer CV with other skills as it illustrates your willingness to learn new concept–which is what most employers are after. There are multiple websites that allow you to download or create a customized Node JS developer sample resume that reflects your skills.
Node JS Developer Resume Sample
1. Middle Node.js Developer Resume
2. Senior Node JS Developer CV Sample
3. Senior Node Js Developer Resume
- 7 years of experience in Web Programming, testing and design of Responsive Web pages
- Experienced with React JS, React Flux, Redux architecture
- MEAN Stack development experience (Mongo dB, Express, Node, Angular)
- Have experience with using Node.js to interact with MongoDB.
- Working with React Router for SPA’s application development.
- Worked on Webpack
- Experience in development of React components. Worked with Axios & React.JS for AJAX Calls making. Built a webpack-dev-server.
- Experienced with JSON and Passport for authentication security using Node JS.
- Prototyping UI/UX application.
- Used Bootstrap for responsive web design
Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Backbone, Marionette
- Angular.JS, Angular 2.0
- React.JS, React Native, Redux
- Node.JS: mongoose, express, bootable,
- JQuery, OOP, JSON
- MongoDB, MySQL
- AJAX, XML, REST web services, Chai, GIT, Protractor, Mocha etc.
Where Do I Find My Node JS Expert
Unless you want to spend the rest of your life commuting daily to the office, investing in Node.js programming skills is one of the best choices you can make. Most websites in action today are built using the language which is why the appetite for Node.js developers is insatiable. With that said, exploring and experimenting with other popular frameworks is almost compulsory as you may be required to work them in your future projects. After all, your NodeJS developer resume should be able to speak for you even before you are invited for an interview.
If you have any Node.js projects, Mobilunity has the best Node.js development environment and expertise to help turn your ideas into tangible products. Read more about Node.js and Node JS developer salary in the next post or contact us and get the Node JS developer CV right now.