A React vs AngularJS Developer: Ways to Hire a Right Person
Probably this is one of the most confusing situations faced while planning to hire a developer. This article is meant to help you make a decision, whether to hire React or AngularJS developer. A right decision in this regard is imperative in developing an excellent web application. Let’s get to know each of these better before analyzing their compatibility. We have already discussed about React JS developers and compared them with Node JS developers in the previous posts. Still for the sake of our discussion, let’s have an overview at both React JS and AngularJS.
Analyzing Both Technologies Before You Hire AngularJS Developer
It is obvious that nowadays a frontend developer should be skilled in different technologies and JS frameworks. React and Flux for Angular developers is not something unfamiliar or strange. Still, a developer skilled in both React JS and Angular JS can use them in completely different cases and projects as each of them has its own peculiarities.
Further in this article, we would like to analyze both the frameworks and see some of their important features. There are different cases where AngularJS would be best and some areas where React JS could be the best option. But for some applications, using React with AngularJS would produce outstanding results.
Let’s see some important aspects of both the technologies:
|Type||Open source JS library||Fully-featured MVVM framework|
Low (for React solely)
High (depending of additional tools/architectural concepts used (e.g Redux))
|Rendering||Client & server side||Client side|
|App Architecture||None, combined with a lot of tools available: Rect Router, Redux Saga, Redux Forms, etc||MVVM|
|DOM||Virtual DOM||Regular DOM|
Some Popular Apps and Sites Built by Angular Programmers
Below you may find some of the popular sites and Apps built with the help of AngularJS and ReactJS:
- YouTube app for Sonny’s PS3,
- Netflix.com and many others.
How to Hire AngularJS Developer with React Skills?
Now, after having compared both the technologies, resolving the dilemma of whether to hire AngularJS developer or to hire React JS developer is up to you. But, let us help you with the hiring method. There are a number of options for hiring a person depending upon your requirements. First of all, you have to list out the complete requirements regarding the project, whether it is a long term project, whether a project is very crucial to the business, and the amount you are proposing to invest in this regard. While considering a React vs Angular developer salary, the latter one would be greater as AngularJS is more popular and is a widely used technology. Also, note that, hiring a developer using React with AngularJS will be a great advantage.
Now, you have to make a description for hiring a React or Angular programmer. The complete details of the project should be explained so that a person seeing the description would get a better understanding of the project. Now there are three options for hiring a programmer:
- Post a Job on Job Boards. There are plenty of sites over the Internet like Monster.com, SimplyHired and GlassDoor where you could post your job description and find a talented programmer, whether it be an AngularJS developer or React JS developer. Here we aim to find a person who could work as an employee. This is more appropriate when your project requires a dedicated person to take care of.
- Look for a dedicated developer on Freelance portals. You could easily find freelance dedicated developers engaged in developing web apps. Since the framework like AngularJS is very popular, you could literally find an Angular programmer on freelance portals like Upwork or TopTal.
- Look for companies outstaffing their employees. Developing a web app according to your requirements will be very simple with companies providing outstaffing services. With their help you could hire a developer of any stack from the in-house team or they will find a needed candidate of any level within 2-3 weeks. The sites like Mobilunity.com provide thousands of skilled employees who could offer high quality services in web app development.
So, once you know your requirements well, the matter of hiring the right person would be a hurdle anymore. In fact, the industry is almost saturated with web developers. The only thing is to know the market and your own necessity well.
Dedicated Frontend and AngularJS Developers of Mobilunity
Below you can also find one of the CVs of our dedicated frontend developers. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, in case you want to check the full CV:
Konstantin S. Middle Frontend Developer
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- HTML (HTML5)
- CSS (CSS3)
- Twitter Bootstrap
March 2014 – Present, Company “A” Kyiv, Ukraine
Responsibilities: Senior Frontend Developer
- Developing new widgets (using Angular + RequireJS)
- Full time support of high load project;
- Took part in developing frontend, scss architecture, client-side logic;
- Developing split tests for desktop and mobile versions;
- Code refactoring and optimization;
- Responsive design, usability:
- integrating with server-side code, MVC conception
June 2012 – March 2014, Company “B” Kyiv, Ukraine
Responsibilities: Senior Frontend Developer
- active part in frontend architecture;
- creation all client-side logic, new templates;
- refactoring and optimization;
- responsive design, usability;
- working closely with designers, QA, PM to ensure design quality;
- cross-browser/semantic/optimized/W3C code, debugging, testing,
- integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages, MVC conception;
- developing/editing/fixing plug-ins, widgets;
- working with analytics solutions such as Google Analytics,
- working with Google Maps Api, Facebook Api, Amo CRM Api;
- writing different project technical documentation.